Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
EdgeGladiator

16 Dec 2018 13:43

After I do not think the ETS2 feature allows it, even if it would be more realistic (and on somes ProMods roads, you can sleep just at the edge of the road).
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2018 23:47

Hi,

I would be a nice thing if you can sleep everywhere you want at the side of the road.. But then it should be your own risk, maybe you get a ticket like for driven too fast, so it costs some money for wrong parking.. Or inside of cities there should be some parking stripes beside the street where you can sleep for example.. At map like Poland rebuilt or Rusmap there are nice little parking places where you can rest and there don't look like an "official" resting place. Such things in germany too would be nice.. And more country roads with little towns.. That are things I am still missing at promods Germany. The Poland rebuild map has so many of those areas and the cities are so Lovely detailed.. I had never been in Poland so I can't say how realistic the map is, but I love it and would like to see such many little details in Promods germany too.
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

brainiac
Donation rank:

17 Dec 2018 00:28

Promods just need a person to do it, as Fahrer is inactive for long time (as I can see).
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

bmwGTR

17 Dec 2018 09:01

Hi,

1.) FH-Faher is not inactive for a long time, he does not have so much time (but he is still mapping).
2.) Currently the developers are focused on merging ProMods Germany with SCS Germany, so do not expect much new content.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

YNM

18 Dec 2018 10:43

MG Mike wrote:
16 Dec 2018 23:47
I would be a nice thing if you can sleep everywhere you want at the side of the road...
German Autobahn and UK Motorway (and A-roads with clearways) have a similar restriction in that stopping at any part of these roads, unless absolutely necessary, is not allowed.

This is in contrast to, say, Italy, where almost every lay-bys on the side of any road can legally be used for stopping and resting (unless signed otherwise).

I suppose there're other factors (presence or lack thereof) like enforcement, or availability, convenience and safety.

I'd say that adding them where it's legal (or legal-ish) is OK, but in Germany it's definitely not OK.

Noah_Lukas

18 Dec 2018 16:44

YNM wrote:
18 Dec 2018 10:43
[...]
I'd say that adding them where it's legal (or legal-ish) is OK, but in Germany it's definitely not OK.
I have the same view on this issue because it is in fact not allowed.
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Micho014

18 Dec 2018 17:18

Well, if we are talikng about real ilfe perspective of stopping for a rest, than every truckdriver would stop in a resting station like an autohof, because they are much safer and with extra services like a WC or a restaurant or fast food (altdought for eating is better to stop in places autside the highway, like some small local restaurants or truck driver's restaurants). Stopping on the lay-bys is never a good idea, and it is only done if you ran out of hours.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

19 Dec 2018 13:34

Hi,

I don't meant to stop for a rest directly at the side stripes of an Autobahn. I meant rather at country or rural roads. At the Poland rebuilding map for example and I belive at promods Poland too there are some areas that looks like a resting area for everyone, has no specific parking sign but you can rest there.. Or at the cities within the industrial areas there could be sidestripes for parking cars, busses or trucks. Must not have a parking sign too. And this unofficial restareas could have a risk that you are not allowed for resting to sleep.. So you might have to pay like for driving too fast.. It would be similar to traffic lights. Not at everyone you have to pay for crossing red lights..
It is just an idea, cause at our little town where I live there is a little area with companies.. Where several trucks are parking every day there but it is not an official parking for trucks...

Micho014

20 Dec 2018 16:34

Then is a totally different story, and it would be nice to have it inplemented in game!
I just got it wrong.
Also in the villange where I live there is an empty yard where sometimes some trucks stop because they ran out of hours just a littly KMs from their destination.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

21 Dec 2018 11:25

Hi there,

I just watched a video from LKW Fahrer Sascha, a German Truck driver who records his rides and load it up to YouTube, maybe some German members here know him too.

He had this problem too, he ran out of driving time and found no resting place. Then he parked at a parking stripe for normal cars. Better than nothing but he got the risk of getting a ticket for wrong parking..

And something like this would be a good feature for more realism at ETS2

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information