Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Krrypton
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2019 19:22

''<SCS mode off>'' That made me laugh :D
Btw, thanks for making this game even more enjoyable ;)

Cr1tical_H1t
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2019 19:52

kurtain wrote:
29 Apr 2019 16:11
Cr1tical_H1t wrote:
27 Apr 2019 16:03
Are there any plans for releasing Stralsund and Rügen island soon? And will there be a connection between Swinoujscie and Germany on the B110?
1. We have talk about quite a while in this thread maybe Stralsund, Island Rügen and Sassnitz / Mukran (ferry) will come in the future.
2. No there will be no connection because it is forbidden to drive on Usedom with a truck in reallife.
Thank you for the information.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2019 22:44

Hi again,

@ Mandelsoft. I had discribed that at actual scs signs some city names are under a Grey cover. Some can be read anyway and some have only that cover.

My example is at A1 north Schleswig Holstein. There you can read "Puttgarden" or "Bad Segeberg' under the covers.. Are they planed in the future to be there by SCS?

The new Fehmarn by Promods is a blast!! It is soo beautyful and very close to the real isle at least from what is in that little scale possible.

Also the new Fehmarn Sundbrücke is wonderful. Finally it has the arch in the water and a ramp from each side leading to the arch. And a train track also... Very Close to the real pendant. As well as the approach to the island when the A1 becomes B 207.. Or when I saw the very first time the arch appearing behind the light hill and Road bridge there.. Just wonderful..
I said It once and say it again, very very well done work there! A big THANK YOU!!! To the team. member(s) who built that.

So what I wanted to say in first place, if Fehmarn or Puttgarden is planned for the future by SCS, I can't really imagine it would be better or equal to Promods Fehmarn... Except SCS would take it from Promods.
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Apr 2019 23:47

Both cities aren't planned per se by SCS. But I leave the option open for them ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

30 Apr 2019 07:06

Ah, then it is some kind of suggestion for your bosses if they come and say, there should be some new areas in germany, you have already to present..

I am also missing in SCS the Bremer Kreuz and A27, but therefore we have Promods.

I have seen you added a interchange to A2 with A39. As you have A39 at Maschener Kreuz.. First I thought wow a new long Autobahn is coming up to us, but on Google maps I discovered that in real life the A39 starts at Maschener Kreuz and interrupt in Lüneburg and starts several kilometers again to meet A2.. That is another broken Autobahn like A1 and A4..
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

USSR

30 Apr 2019 07:59

MandelSoft wrote:
29 Apr 2019 17:19

<SCS mode on>

For the record: I made the vast majority of the signs there, and this is intentional design. There is limited space on the signs and to keep things consistent, we only put cities on the sign that appear in the game (with a few exceptions). This helps us to communicate to the players, because the last thing you want is to confuse them (this is the case at the Hattenbacher Dreieck, where it would be logical to follow the BAB7 to München and Nürnberg, if only the BAB7 wasn't blocked) or give them useless guidance. This has been a deliberate and thought-through choice we made and we see no reason to change the approach. The map is already an abstraction of reality, and the signs reflect that. What's more important that the style should be correct, that it all makes sense, and that it's internally consistent. That's what my main goal is now and how I judge them.

If you want to see bad sign designs, go check out SCS Vanilla Scandinavia before 1.35 hits and see how poor the signs look over there. Squished arrows, missing route numbers, designs with poor alignment and elements out of proportion, it's a mess! I've cleaned that up for 1.35, so we'll get rid of those quite soon.

<SCS mode off>
So in 1.35 Scandinavia will get new signage?

IvanGF14
Developer

30 Apr 2019 09:20

Yes :)

EdgeGladiator

30 Apr 2019 09:39

nice
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

USSR

30 Apr 2019 11:43

Really nice!

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

30 Apr 2019 12:03

MandelSoft, obviously I know it's an intentional design choice from SCS and I can understand that too. What I said is that still, I like the ProMods way more, with slightly more confusing but also more realistic type of signs and if ARP will update these new scs signs to the old way or keep it as it is.
(By "old way" I mean, putting ingame not present locations on signs)
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information