Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Lyriax

09 Jun 2018 21:34

What I‘d find nice if they include this industrial park... AND include a small bit of the city center. This can be an avenue that is just going through the city. That would be a cool mix out of both realistic and nice.
Stuttgart, Germany. Promodder since 1.91 :lol: ;)

Steam:

brainiac
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2018 22:01

MandelSoft wrote:
09 Jun 2018 21:28
This is basicaly what happened in Rome and Paris; there is simply no room to construct it, so other important roads are represented. They may not show you the famous land marks, but if you look them up in Google Maps, you can see what SCS was trying to do there. Especially the roads in Paris are pretty accurate still.
Ok, you justified Rome and Paris. But, after East DLC, I didn't see one SCS' city center until Messina. I hope that you will change it in Germany.
MandelSoft wrote:
09 Jun 2018 21:28
Sorry, that's a pretty arrogant statement to make. No, we don't think like you.
Ofcourse that I didn't mean generally, but only about centers.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

27 Jun 2018 18:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tXOtEs1cVY&t=640s

what do you think? Because imho the original ProMods version of this region is still superior, especially in landscape, here there's still to many trees and still not flat enough, if it stays like this, I'd rather stick to the pm ARP... But maybe it will get polished eventually.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

taurus31

27 Jun 2018 18:11

Well, I'm desappointed, promods quality for me is still superior as u said. Only prefabs are better.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 27 Jun 2018 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

zero146

27 Jun 2018 18:37

I think Promods quality much better than this scs rebuild on the autobahn, I hope to promods don't replace their own work completely.

EdgeGladiator

27 Jun 2018 19:00

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
27 Jun 2018 18:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tXOtEs1cVY&t=640s

what do you think? Because imho the original ProMods version of this region is still superior, especially in landscape, here there's still to many trees and still not flat enough, if it stays like this, I'd rather stick to the pm ARP... But maybe it will get polished eventually.
Personally, I find the work done by SCS nonetheless interesting especially on prefabricated. After the problem is that there really is only Hamburg that seems reconstructed, the rest seems to have only one coating. On his, Promods is superior. After that there are still SCS defaults like unnamed exits or cities not shown on the map not shown. There is an improvement on the panels but it remains lower than Promods.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

brainiac
Donation rank:

27 Jun 2018 19:55

If Promods northen Germany needs rebuild, it should be done by Promods team, so we won't lose really good work. I respect MandelSoft's effort to improve the worst part of vanilla map, but his work should stay in vanilla. It is a pity that the best mapper can't do for SCS what he did for Promods. I also hope that he won't misunderstand me.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

TimmyTurner95

27 Jun 2018 20:02

I think new SCS Germany looks like France DLC (vegetation and gas stations are the same) just with new road textures and markings.
And the hw exits look like in Italy and France.

Hamburg disappointing, why didn't they build real Maschener Kreuz/Horster Dreieck incl. A 39 as well ?

@MandelSoft what did you do there. I hoped you'd make it better than in Promods.

Hope Berlin will look better and include A100/A115/A111.
EURoadNet-Developer

IvanGF14
Developer

27 Jun 2018 21:24

Well you could just stop crying because you are going to get something for free at least, because SCS couldnt do it if they wanted, but instead they are giving you something fresh

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

27 Jun 2018 21:40

A few reasons Germany looks like this:
  • Limited man-power was assigned to the project, as most of it is used in favour of the Baltics DLC. This is true for both mappers and asset development. As a result, we had no time for new vegetation, so we had to re-use the trees from the France DLC and some from the Scandinavia DLC.
  • A DLC takes at least a full year to develop by a whole dedicated team. Germany was practically being done by a small team in just a few months. If you take that in mind, if you will really have a look at the end result, it's pretty impressive how much has actually changed. I basically worked as the only mapper on the project for the first two months on the project. The Baltic DLC in the mean time has more than 10 assigned to it.
  • There are both space and time constraints which are responsible why certain interchanges don't have their "real" design. In case of the Marschner Kreuz, it's both. But hey, a cloverleaf interchange is always better than having the BAB7 represented passing Hamburg on the east with just a few trumpet interchanges.
  • The interchange prefabs have the same layout as in France and Italy, though the markings have been adapted for Germany. Germany itself however uses typical interchange layouts that cannot be found elsewhere on the map (yet!). I've made a selection of full and partial cloverleaf variants, as well as a few new trumpets and there's even a T-stack. But a minority of the interchange designs have been re-used, because of time constraints and I just don't want to do double work. Work smarter, not harder.
  • You better compare the landscape with vanilla Germany instead of ProMods Germany. Then you'll see how much non-sense has been corrected. I mean, the old map areas had (and still has) bendy Autobahns and hills everywhere, even in Northern Germany. That will be a lot less now.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information