Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Noah_Lukas

30 Dec 2019 15:47

Thedownloader wrote:
30 Dec 2019 14:04
Are you planning to build Wolfsburg/Brandenburg
I guess you meant Wolfsburg/Braunschweig?
We didn't plan anything in that area really, one big reason is because the size doesn't allow us to build something in this area (also because it would cut the scenery coming from Uelzen).
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

MG Mike
Donation rank:

02 Jan 2020 17:34

Oh too bad, and for what reason you (the team) build the big cross with A39 there? Just to be scenery?

At Vanillamap there is a standart exit Hannover Ost with connection to that quarry there.. Surely this area had become a rebuilt and drivable with a Bundesstraße back to Hannover or not?!
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Audi1merc2
Donation rank:

02 Jan 2020 18:14

Is Passau and Regensburg planned anytime soon? I saw it on the 2017 map but I wondered if there was any progress happening. (The BAB3 always seems empty towards the Austrian border)

ScuL
Founder

02 Jan 2020 22:09

We are waiting for the SCS southern Germany rebuild to add stuff to those areas
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Audi1merc2
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2020 10:55

Alright thanks for the answer

Ancelott

04 Jan 2020 21:21

I hadnt play Ets for long time, one year or something. Had any of two SCS Germany updates (1.32 and 1.35 as far I know) merged in current version of ProMods? If it was, how exactly? Replacing old PM Germany with SCS new Germany or something else? "Compatibility" page doesnt show it in details.

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2020 22:01

Yes some parts have been merged like Hamburg or Dresden Area.
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

saschapascals

15 Jan 2020 04:50

Hey,

I have now driven the merged area around Hamburg and sorry, the region is not good, Mandelsoft.

I don't know, which street map you have used, when you at SCS were rebuilding Hamburg and surrounding, but here are my critics:

1. It's nice to have the 261 - but why don't you have but in the Moorburg exit too? There is enough space before the Elbtunnel for it. And even if not: It's not even in any way logical, that now Othmarschen is annouced already before the Elbtunnel. Sorry, but the original sign looks much different.

2. Why is the A7 between Othmarschen and where you would have the A23 cross only three lanes? You had it right in the ProMod-Version of 2018: The whole A7 has now 4 lanes and is mostly in a tunnel. The A7 you now give us is - the A7 of 2010.

3. Don't tell me, that there is no space for putting in an exit to the Köhlbrand through the Harbour. Or to get to the city (you already have the exit Othmarschen). There is much space.

4. There is no IKEA at the A1. The IKEA is at the A7. And no, the exit to the A24 is in any way valid. I often wonder, if the developers of SCS at any time look at a real map of the areas they build.

I must really say, that I'm surprised, how BAD the new Hamburg is. Sorry, I'm not sooo interested in the surroundings - but accuracy and the version of 2018 was way better than what this "merger" gave us. And please don't tell me, "SCS has put much effort in it" - yes, they have rebuild a bit, but it seems they never looked at actual maps and Google Street Views, then they would have known, that that's NOT THE A7!

Oh and as I've now arrived the A215: No, Hamburg DON'T ENDS right after the Train bridge at Stellingen! And no, the A7 then don't become 2 lanes again. It stays three lanes up to the A215. You had it right in the former versions of ProMods. This is just shit and you should make the A7 part of Schleswig-Holstein red again, because with the merger you destroyed all the efforts you made with the Autobahn Rebuilding project around Hamburg. I don't care for some polished textures of SCS, when most of the rest is bad!

So, recommendations for the A7:
1. Make it four lanes up to the Bridge.
2. Make it three lanes up to the A215. That even deleted the unnecessary line merger at "Schnelsen"
3. Put in the A23 at the end of the four lane track above the tracks. It's just a normal one direction exit (you don't need to put in these crazy system, that you have to cross the B4, when you want to get from the A23 to the A7 north). There is space for a simple exit like with the A215, just to the left and then you could build the new Town of "Husum" or "Heide" at the north sea.
4. Put some houses around the A23 exit up till the Schleswig-Holstein sign. The area is heavily developed and not just fields.
5. Make Othmarschen a valid exit, that you can use to get to Hamburg City. It's completely normal for LKW to use that road (B431, B4) towards the Elbbrücken - where you could put in the T cross A1 - A255. You had it so right in the older version and it looked GREAT.
6. Instead of the stupid A1 region you could delete the IKEA and put a crossing there, where the A24 attaches to the A1 - and that also goes right into the city - as in real ;)

I have made a little map what I would change, if I were a developer
Attachments
Map recommendations.png
Map recommendations.png (211.59 KiB) Viewed 1840 times

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

15 Jan 2020 07:23

*dusts off new post page*

Let's go.
saschapascals wrote:
1. It's nice to have the 261 - but why don't you have but in the Moorburg exit too? There is enough space before the Elbtunnel for it. And even if not: It's not even in any way logical, that now Othmarschen is annouced already before the Elbtunnel. Sorry, but the original sign looks much different.
It's a very tight area and we decided we didn't need it.
saschapascals wrote:
2. Why is the A7 between Othmarschen and where you would have the A23 cross only three lanes?
It uses SCS road templates. SCS didn't have four-lane carriageways until the Baltic DLC was released. The early parts of the Germany rebuild are done with derivatives of the Italy DLC assets. So no four-lane carriageways.
saschapascals wrote:
3. Don't tell me, that there is no space for putting in an exit to the Köhlbrand through the Harbour. Or to get to the city (you already have the exit Othmarschen). There is much space.
This is basically an SCS area. Adding it would have been a significant amount of work to add the ramps and clean up the surface roads and make them functional to and across Kohlbrandbrucke. We'd then need to add stuff on the other side of it. We elected not to make changes here.
saschapascals wrote:
4. There is no IKEA at the A1.
May wanna check the Ikea store finder.
saschapascals wrote:
And no, the exit to the A24 is in any way valid.
Wait. So it is valid? We decided not to include Kreuz HH-Ost/the A1xA24 interchange because it is massive and we can't really change its orientation like we have with Drieck HH-Sudost/Kreuz HH-Moorfleet. Adding Drieck HH-Sud and the A255, then hooking the Hamburg City Centre up to that would be easy in comparison. But we've got other things to do, so we won't, at least not for the forseeable future.
saschapascals wrote:
Oh and as I've now arrived the A215: No, Hamburg DON'T ENDS right after the Train bridge at Stellingen! And no, the A7 then don't become 2 lanes again. It stays three lanes up to the A215. You had it right in the former versions of ProMods.
This was carried over from SCS. We've not really had time to change it considering all the other stuff we have to do.
saschapascals wrote:
This is just shit
Thanks! Your post has been incredibly helpful and has been filed in the most appropriate receptacle.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

saschapascals

15 Jan 2020 13:11

First of all, thank you for your answer. I may have been a bit in rage when I wrote my review, but as a person from Hamburg, who really liked what you did in the previous version of Hamburg, which really made it feel real, I was shocked how it looked now.
saschapascals wrote:
It's a very tight area and we decided we didn't need it.
I always read "we" here. I read throw most of the pages concerning the merge - and there was also a non-official vote on another forums page. Just say: "We, the developers", and we know who is we, because it can't be "we, the users of ProMod", as many ProMod-Users had another opinion about it. And I understand, that it's tight. But why have a signage, that don't fit with reality. In reality the sign looks like this: http://autobahnatlas-online.de/Bilderga ... rschen.JPG
saschapascals wrote:
2. Why is the A7 between Othmarschen and where you would have the A23 cross only three lanes?
It uses SCS road templates. SCS didn't have four-lane carriageways until the Baltic DLC was released. The early parts of the Germany rebuild are done with derivatives of the Italy DLC assets. So no four-lane carriageways.
2. But ProMod already needs all this DLCs to run - so why not using them properly? And you had it before, well, as some kind of exit/entry-ramps, but it looked fitting.
saschapascals wrote:
This is basically an SCS area. Adding it would have been a significant amount of work to add the ramps and clean up the surface roads and make them functional to and across Kohlbrandbrucke. We'd then need to add stuff on the other side of it. We elected not to make changes here.
3. Accepted at Köhlbrand. But what's with Othmarschen? There is a ramp already.
saschapascals wrote:
4. There is no IKEA at the A1.
May wanna check the Ikea store finder.
4. That's not even slightly at the position, where the IKEA is ingame ;)
saschapascals wrote:
And no, the exit to the A24 is in any way valid.
Wait. So it is valid? We decided not to include Kreuz HH-Ost/the A1xA24 interchange because it is massive and we can't really change its orientation like we have with Drieck HH-Sudost/Kreuz HH-Moorfleet. Adding Drieck HH-Sud and the A255, then hooking the Hamburg City Centre up to that would be easy in comparison. But we've got other things to do, so we won't, at least not for the forseeable future.
No, it't not valid. We both know how the real cross looks. I know, that for that look the space is too small now (it fitted in the old versions, it seems). But for a normal cross it should fit, the cross at Maschen also fitted inside. Yes, it would then be a more normal cross, but any 4 side cross is more valid than that the A24 has a T-cross as it would be the A25.

You had it right in the older version of ProMods... I wonder, why you didn't merged into your street layout into the new map. And no, in my eyes it wasn't looking "outdated", it was a bit crammed at the A7, yes, but well, the real A7 also often feels crammed. And the old A1/A255/A24 area was great work of ProMods.
saschapascals wrote:
Oh and as I've now arrived the A215: No, Hamburg DON'T ENDS right after the Train bridge at Stellingen! And no, the A7 then don't become 2 lanes again. It stays three lanes up to the A215. You had it right in the former versions of ProMods.
This was carried over from SCS. We've not really had time to change it considering all the other stuff we have to do.
But you have it on your plans, because you use street maps that are more actual than those of SCS? ;)
saschapascals wrote:
This is just shit
Thanks! Your post has been incredibly helpful and has been filed in the most appropriate receptacle.
Sorry for making the mistake to write an honest review. Next time I will pamper your team more. I know it's much work, but when I see, what SCS has done in the Hamburg area, I'm not looking gladly forward to their changes in the south - and I wonder, what else will then be missing, like the great munich area or Frankfurt...

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information