Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Noah_Lukas

11 Sep 2017 19:00

miguelmw wrote:
11 Sep 2017 18:32
Why are the signs grey? They're still blue in real life :)
They aren't grey that's it's a darker grey and it depends on screen resolution and the lightning situation ;) :D
FH-Fahrer wrote:
11 Sep 2017 13:07
Noah_Lukas wrote:
11 Sep 2017 13:04
And I have a question can we take a wish for that brown sights-signs like this one? '':D
Sure, but don't expect us to include them all. Some won't make sense or we can't find a proper texture on the internet
I search the pic and send it to ya via private chat :D :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

M4rkus

11 Sep 2017 21:42

Most of those signs were done be jdenm8. He's really done an astonishing work. If you're interested, here you can find our discussion regarding these signs and the links to them. I don't think all of them have been included so far because not all areas containing them have been rebuilt yet (and some of them might've been forgotten, don't know for sure).
I know meanwhile it sounds weired because it comes from me again but you still forgot the border at this place (and on others) XDD
Bugs me whenever I see it, too ;) Regarding federal states, I think it'd be a nice addition to see some "subnational" flags in Germany. Not at the borders like in the UK because that would be pretty strange in Germany and you would hardly see this. In general, flags aren't shown as often in Germany compared to most of the other European states. However, Germany is a federal state so if there's a German flag, often there's a flag of the subnational state as well. Those could be put near official buildings in the capitals of the federal state. The flags can be found here. Promods also includes some flags near some rest stops in Germany which I think is not very typical. But if you want to do it like this, I feel the subnational flags should be added as well. It would be nice especially in places such Bavaria (where they tend to show their flag more often, I think) or Hamburg ...

FH-Fahrer
Developer

11 Sep 2017 22:14

The first one to guess this place gets a virtual cookie! ;)
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

Quakkerillo

11 Sep 2017 22:29

A4 - Bahrebachmühlenviadukt

Is that cookieworthy?

FH-Fahrer
Developer

11 Sep 2017 22:33

Quakkerillo wrote:
A4 - Bahrebachmühlenviadukt

Is that cookieworthy?
That's correct! You deserve this cookie!
Developer of the

Current developments:

Tanksome
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2017 23:38

Quakkerillo wrote:
Bahrebachmühlenviadukt

Uhhhhhhhhh :? :? :? :? :?
Can someone explain why the name is so long :?: :?:

Quakkerillo

12 Sep 2017 07:55

Tanksome wrote:
11 Sep 2017 23:38

Uhhhhhhhhh :? :? :? :? :?
Can someone explain why the name is so long :?: :?:
German and some other languages have the amazing ability that words can be combined, creating one long word, instead of using multiple. In English, I think this viaduct would be called "Mill of the beer river viaduct", with bare obsolete (?) for beer.
An example in Dutch would be the little signs on poles that tell distance on roads every 100m (hectometerpaaltje, with paaltje being little pole) that can be found on motorways (snelwegen). Just throw it together and you have snelweghectometerpaaltje when talking specifically about those on motorways. ;-)

TimmyTurner95

12 Sep 2017 11:51

@FH-Fahrer : I have to say some words about your work around Erfurt.
- the A4 looks very good. especially between Erfurt and Hermsdorf I recognized a lot of things (I am from that region) , the only things
that is not so nice is that Erfurt comes after the Jagdbergtunnel, but that is due to 1:19 scale. Maybe you should have made the A4 more curvy so that it is longer and you have
more space between Jena and Erfurt.
- in Lobdeburgtunnel and Jagdbergtunnel, there is a speed limit of 80 and not 100 km/h
- next to A 71 south of Erfurt, the ICE rail is missing, is goes until Tunnel Behringen IRL and then it disappears in the Thuringian forest,
but you just build the Rennsteigtunnel in this place, so that part of A 71 is not realistic
- Erfurt has not much to do with reality, except Erfurt-Bindersleben with the IKEA next to it.You just turned around the city centre 180 degrees and rebuilt the
surroundings instead of rebuilding the city completely. This is not the quality level Promods stands for.
EURoadNet-Developer

FH-Fahrer
Developer

12 Sep 2017 12:28

TimG95 wrote:
@FH-Fahrer : I have to say some words about your work around Erfurt.
- the A4 looks very good. especially between Erfurt and Hermsdorf I recognized a lot of things (I am from that region)
Thank you! :D
TimG95 wrote:
that Erfurt comes after the Jagdbergtunnel, but that is due to 1:19 scale. Maybe you should have made the A4 more curvy so that it is longer and you have
more space between Jena and Erfurt.
Simply not possible without making it look bad
TimG95 wrote:
next to A 71 south of Erfurt, the ICE rail is missing, is goes until Tunnel Behringen IRL and then it disappears in the Thuringian forest,
but you just build the Rennsteigtunnel in this place, so that part of A 71 is not realistic
We have to make compromisses. We can't rebuild everything 1:1. Our goal is to make the area look somewhat recognizable but don't forget that the map has a scale of 1:19.
TimG95 wrote:
You just turned around the city centre 180 degrees and rebuilt the
surroundings instead of rebuilding the city completely. This is not the quality level Promods stands for.
That is the same treatment we did for many cities, like Hannover. There are more than 16 not rebuilt cities in the ARP. Each city would take a bout 4 - 6 weeks to rebuild, so rebuilding every city in the ARP would take us at least another 1 1/2 - 2 years. We will maybe rebuild every city in the ARP after we have finished rebuilding all Autobahns.
Developer of the

Current developments:

Yoka#

12 Sep 2017 15:07

That's right, you did a great job with the A4 :D I hoped that you'll do at least one tunnel (due to scale) but u did both tunnels :) The greatest thing is that you did a shell's second station ( link), on which i had a break in real life ;) Thank you !!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information