Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2018 19:49

Hhmm
Does it mean that any new work or any other rework in germany will wait untill SCS has German rebuilt completed?

If yes it would be a long time.. I guess...

Or is there chance that with first part of New SCS germany there comes a new part of New promods Germany and then part by part just like scs does?
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Vøytek
Developer

08 Aug 2018 20:01

We'll see what appears in 1.32, what we can do with it, and start working.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Aug 2018 22:33

MG Mike wrote:
06 Aug 2018 20:44
You are responsible for the germany rebuilding.. You and a few others if I got that right..
Do you have with this little team free hands on it and can add new cities or something else, or have you strict orders what has to be in this new map and what should the landscape has to be and so on?
Although I had quite some freedom how to map, there were a few strict limitations:
  • No companies (and therefore no cities) may be added, changed or removed; one could only move them around. The game's economy needs to be strictly balanced.
  • I had to make space for one Baltic DLC element.
  • As usual, there were performance limits, though they were checked more strictly here. FYI, these limits are: TC (triangle count) no higher than 800K and DC (draw calls) no higher than 2K.
  • The majority of the asset developers were allocated to the Baltic DLC project. The number of assets that could be requested was limited.
  • There was a deadline to finish this phase of the project back at the end of June. All what's happening now is polishing, optimisation and bug-fixing
MG Mike wrote:
06 Aug 2018 20:44
Maybe you can say something if the new map will really that different to the promods version or if promods has the chance to make it like it was only with the better quality prefabs and textures and so on.. And in combination with the new "standart germany" the new promods will be the coolest mod map ever...
Or what is planed so far??
There are no concrete plans now. We will discuss what to do with Germany once the rest of the team has access to the new SCS Germany as well, so they can inspect the work themselves.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ferdiepip

10 Aug 2018 19:52

Do you guys like the improvements that SCS made in Germany? It is in open-beta.

Spooky

10 Aug 2018 19:55

Love the mapping - feels like a fast motorway should!

One thing (and this has probably already been mentioned) - to me there seems to be an awful lack of service areas on the Autobahn network, whereas in real life they are quite plentiful in Germany. Are there any plans to put some more in??

id777
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2018 01:25

Hi, I want to ask developers and just players like me. What do you think about new areas in Germany? Compare to Promods Germany.

I think Promods Germany is better detailed. So its bad if you (developers) will change it to SCS new Germany. So what do you think?
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

dclark12553
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2018 02:37

I like a little bit of Both ProMods and SCS Germany Rebuilding. I hope that it does not affect the New Cities that ProMods added from the ARP. I like the A24 that is Straight where I test alot of the car mods on. I clocked speeds as high as 330 km/h with traffic set at 1.0

marclev

11 Aug 2018 03:52

After seeing the new SCS Germany, my opinion is to keep the current Promods Germany. There are a few good things like the Elbtunnel portal or some motorway sign poles or the road markings but there are more bad things. For example the road layout and the signage. We will lose connections and cities. The new prefabs could be updated step by step to the "old map".
Think about if SCS will reach further more south, well done cities like Bonn, Koblenz, Mainz, Wiesbaden, Heilbronn, Ulm will be gone. And amazing rebuilt cities like Frankfurt, Nürnberg, Berlin, München too. And not to forget the realistic Autobahn layout.

Kortez

11 Aug 2018 09:39

Hello,

I saw new scs Germany and I must say that i am for stay current promods ARP. It si better than SCS map which is only "revitalizing" like eastern France or north Italy. Its poor detailed and cities look like as in vanilla map (with cosmethic changes).

I support replacement promods sector by new DLC (France, Italy, BBS) but in this case I am for reverse process.

BTW: On the bridges are used again guardrail without barriers instead of highway railing-barrier. It is so unrealistic. On the ground is normal barrier with retentive effect and right next, on the bridge, is use guardrail for pedestrian without any retentive effect. I talk about SCS rebuild but please think about it in promods too...

Have a nice day :-)

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2018 09:50

Kortez wrote:
11 Aug 2018 09:39
Hello,

I saw new scs Germany and I must say that i am for stay current promods ARP. It si better than SCS map which is only "revitalizing" like eastern France or north Italy. Its poor detailed and cities look like as in vanilla map (with cosmethic changes).
As usual, there were performance limits, though they were checked more strictly here. FYI, these limits are: TC (triangle count) no higher than 800K and DC (draw calls) no higher than 2K.
Well, that most likely problem why they can't make a 100% realistic Map.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information