Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
bmwGTR

25 Sep 2017 15:21

Hi,

too much ferries will introduce the "ferry bug" and the game will be unplayable.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2017 21:17

Looks like Cuxhaven is in progress, though. I'm excited to see what that will look like!

Lukas4

25 Sep 2017 21:50

Great Plan! I hope this gets done quickly so that we will have a better experience with German Autobahns!

MG Mike
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2017 07:53

Hi..
What is the ferry bug?

With promods there are new Ferrys like Puttgarden rodbyhavn. Or in connection with southern region there is the ferry in constanta on the black sea..

Both and all others work fine.. Do you think any more ferry connections would cause bugs?

As i've seen on the Autobahnmap in this topic here, there are also plans for the isle Rügen, this would be great too.. From Rügen or Stralsund i think there are Ferrys to Danmark too, or not?

The Elbe Ferrys would be a very short trip. In reality the Elbefähre Wischhafen takes apr. 30 minutes. The Elb-Link from Cuxhaven to Brunsbüttel about 75 Minutes.

And I think Ferrys belong to normal traffic if you are under way and there are no bridges or tunnels. So it would still remains the Truck Simulator.. A Ferry Simulator would it be if you become the captain of a 3D Ferry and you have to sail the ferry by yourself..

One addition from me to the developers:

Yes I know the map is in scale 1:19...but i know the isle Fehmarn very good. And for me it's too bad that she is way too small.. And the Fehmarn Sundbrücke too. The danish bridges as the oeresund bride or the great belt bridge are very impressive, but the Fehmarn Sundbrücke is in real life with 963.4 meters long impressive too...

Even if this were not in scale, Fehmarn deserves to get bigger. Burg of Fehmarn is a small town but has many stores and in puttgarden at the ferry harbour there is a big swimming store where the scandinavian people come to buy alcoholic drinks and other many things,

If you would make Fehmarn bigger maybe like Hamburg there could be more places to deliver freights.
And the next reason for it: in german administrations the whole isle Fehmarn has become a town.
And since the promods team has made the towns bigger, so why not Fehmarn? It's on the end of the german map.. Danmark is a new map.. In the game can not be seen from Fehmarn, so there should be enough space to bring Fehmarn bigger and maybe in it's correct shape too..

The same should be considdered for Rügen too. But i know Rügen not as good as Fehmarn. I only know Rügen is bigger.

Thats just a suggestion from me.

Anyway keep up the good work, youre doing greatful things with the ETS 2.. With Promods it is much more fun to drive..

Kind regards from north germany

MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Sep 2017 09:22

Actually, the ferry bug is not relevant here. It's only a short and isolated ferry. The Ferry Bug gets triggered when you have a ferry parallel to a road connection. The game prefers to take the ferry and only takes land-based distance into account when calculating the shortest route, even when the ferry itself takes up more time. Inn cases where ferries become weird "shortcuts", they are ommitted. This is the case for Kiel-Oslo, Hirtshals-Bergen, Travemünde - Klaipeda, Portsmouth-Bilbao and Nynäshamn-Gdynia. Although these ferries exist in real life, we have ommitted them due to strange behaviour in-game.
MG Mike wrote:
26 Sep 2017 07:53
Yes I know the map is in scale 1:19...but i know the isle Fehmarn very good. And for me it's too bad that she is way too small.. And the Fehmarn Sundbrücke too. The danish bridges as the oeresund bride or the great belt bridge are very impressive, but the Fehmarn Sundbrücke is in real life with 963.4 meters long impressive too...

Even if this were not in scale, Fehmarn deserves to get bigger. Burg of Fehmarn is a small town but has many stores and in puttgarden at the ferry harbour there is a big swimming store where the scandinavian people come to buy alcoholic drinks and other many things,

If you would make Fehmarn bigger maybe like Hamburg there could be more places to deliver freights.
And the next reason for it: in german administrations the whole isle Fehmarn has become a town.
And since the promods team has made the towns bigger, so why not Fehmarn? It's on the end of the german map.. Danmark is a new map.. In the game can not be seen from Fehmarn, so there should be enough space to bring Fehmarn bigger and maybe in it's correct shape too..
Fehmarn is a really old part of the map and it needs to be updated. The problem is that we don't know when that will happen.
Furthermore, it may look like it's on the end of the map, but it's not; a so-called "cut plane" hides Rødby from view and therefore make it look there is more space than there really is. Open the map editor and you see what I mean...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

spejj420
Donation rank:

27 Sep 2017 00:41

HI, is any chance to make this connection ?? that will be nice :) Image

ScuL
Founder

27 Sep 2017 02:11

It's very difficult because this area requires a full rebuild of Düsseldorf
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

TimmyTurner95

27 Sep 2017 13:38

In an earlier post you said that Kreuz Kaiserberg(A3/A 40) wouldn't fit. But you simply have to remove the A3/A 46 interchange and then there is enough space for it.
And then you could build the A 40 and fit in Essen. And to reach Duisburg and Düsseldorf I would build the A 59.

And by the way you could define the Ruhr area as one big city and call it Ruhrgebiet or Metropole Ruhr or sth. like that.
So there would be room for all cities.
EURoadNet-Developer

bmwGTR

27 Sep 2017 15:45

Hi,

why should the A3/A46 interchange be replaced with the A3/A40 interchange?
The A46 is the motorway to Düsseldorf, and the A40 the Motorway to Duisburg.

ProMods tries to be realistic as it can be (with the 1:19 scale) - so just create one big "Ruhrgebiet" city to fit all cities in this area is not the spirit of ProMods because this would be very unrealistic.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

ETS2-User
Developer

28 Sep 2017 00:13

That wouldn't work because each company yard can be placed only once per city.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information