Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

19 May 2019 13:21

Where did you find this rocks?

North germany is not superflat over and over.. Ostfriesland may be but for example in Schleswig Holstein there is an Area near Plön and Lübeck with a beautifull hilly landscape which is called "Holsteinische Schweiz" cause of the "mountains there" but we have definetly no rocks here.. That should be corrected. If you do some roads through the Harz mountains, then you can have some rocks here and there... TSM has a beatyful Harz area. It is little, but beautyful made... I still think it would fit to promods as well.aybe with other cities, Braunlage, or Clausthal.. Just for fun and have some awesome landscape..
The Area Hamburg, Bremen, Bremerhaven and up to Kiel and Fehmarn looks still nicely flat.
The new Fehmarn is stunning absolutely. The houses in Burg near the harbour and the half rounded halls there.. Those are IRL at Fehmarn too.. And the Roundabout with the Lidl shop is there as well. That is hall highly recognizable if you ever have been there like me..
So very well done!! If you reach Puttgarden and the Ferry port there is a hotel at the left side. I thinks this model is from the France DLC taken. It fits very well in the landscape there. Well done too, with one exept...
There is a hotel left to the Ferry port, but it is a whole different building...
Here you can see
https://images.app.goo.gl/W7uHs7DBXT7jsxru9

And if anyone is interested, here is the real Ferry port

https://images.app.goo.gl/qwnjgq3V9KrAo6HX8

On the left side there is a swimming shopping center, a duty free shop for Scandinavians to bye cheap alcoholic drinks for example.. I have read alcoholic drinks should be expensive in Scandinavia cause of high taxes.. So there are comming everyday coaches with alcohol tourists who buys canned beers by whole palettes.

On the left mole you can walk until the very front and you can look when the ferries are sailing very close next to you..

I wonder what promods is going to do with 1.35 new German areas?!

My personal recommendation is, take the new way to Kassel, that is made very nice, take the lake near the A7 between Hannover and Kassel, but keep the resting station at A4 at the former inner German border. It looks in Promods better. SCS has only standart gasstations there..
The part of A4 with the tunnels and the castles on top of the mountain looks very nice. That could be part of promods..

And please don't skip Nürnberg like Hamburg. Nürnberg is good as it is. Maybe add if possible some of SCS Stuff from Nürnberg if it make sense but the city itself is very cool and makes me feel a very big city..

And I hope for a return of Hamburg as updated big city with driveable Bridge again and nice Port areas as well as some cityside..but the new areas at Billbrook with the tank park should stay.. It is a fine playground for trucks there ;)
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Blue Lark
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2019 00:20

Euro Truck Simulator 2 has been updated to 1.35. But the problem is about compatibility of ProMods 2.41, I think that ProMods 2.41 will be delayed to release due to Rebuilding in southeastern Germany. If ProMods merges only the Dresden area, it is okay to release ProMods 2.41.
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

Tanksome
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2019 00:58

I think what the developers should do (interject if it sounds bad) but they should just atm add the french road and sardina to pm, them slowly merge germany to pm and add it in 2.50

R730_V8
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2019 10:02

MG Mike wrote:
09 May 2019 16:34
The city from the picture with the tunnel is Chemnitz?? Ok.. Thanks for the info.. I can't build it, I am not a Mapper. I think it is only scenery for mapsize reasons.. So I doubt that scs or Promods are going to build it as real usable city..
No, the city with those tunnels is Jena. The one with the arch bridge is Chemnitz :?

By the way the thing I hate most about the new SCS Germany is that the BAB14 is still missing. I mean they add the BAB71 but not BAB 14? What's the point? Especially between Magdeburg and Halle/Leipzig-Airport it is a very important route und always well crowded :?: :!:

And as far as I could figure out the castle you can see from the "Weißeritzbrücke" at BAB 17 is called "Begerburg" and it really exists.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2019 13:08

Hey thanks for the correction.., yeah the A14 is asaik in Promods.. But it is a little weird built.. There is these country road north of Nürnberg and the mountain with the water tower on top of it and after that mountain the road leads through a wood and suddenly after it it becomes the Autobahn A14 an a tunnel comes along.. I think it has to be different, but I also think pm would rebuilt it with the next merge..

MG Mike
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2019 12:09

Hi there,

Nothing new here?

I have seen some videos from Rudi Raser RR at YouTube in which he drives at PM2.41 beta. As it seems there are some parts of the new SCS germany phase 2 already merged with promods.

It would be nice if the team could tell us here what areas will be change in PM 2.41 and maybe what is further planed for germany, if there is any plan?!

But some things are already done and some other things were shown times ago here like a new A45 from Frankfurt to Colonia or a new Dreieck Bremen Stuhr.. When will this make it in the map?

Regards
MG Mike

Blue Lark
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2019 13:14

I was shocked after watching the ProMods 2.41 beta video of RudiRaserBR.
It is good that Dresden was merged into SCS data, but the Leipzig-Dresden section of A14 was evaporated and there was no merger from SCS of A45. If it does, do you have a plan to re-create Leipzig-Dresden A14? Even if the Dresden area is changed to SCS, the Leipzig-Dresden section of A14 is a must-have autobahn, and without it, there can be a lot of inconvenience for me to over-route to another autobahn.

When ProMods were updated to version 2.31 to 2.40, the process of merging Germany took too long. I think the merger of Dresden is going to take two rabbits. Please don't get rid of the whole autobahn section (A14/Leipzig-Dresden).

But, can you replace A14-A4-A17 with a clover-type junction? Like this;
Image or Image
I think this can be less uncomfortable if that happens.
Last edited by Blue Lark on 30 Jun 2019 15:21, edited 3 times in total.
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

Devilagent
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2019 14:53

I didn’t see that video but that would indeed be very sad news about the a14. Hopefully they will merge it later. I’m still not happy with SCS version..but ok.its better then nothing since FH Fahrer is not mapping at the moment..but still..his work is so much better then scs version..just my opinion

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2019 18:41

We have to make decisions, not only about what we like but also about the time we have.

With bigger issues during this merge (Nürnberg) we chose for this option (for now). It might change in the future, we don't know yet. It all depends on the availability of the devs.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2019 19:06

Is Nürnberg in the upcoming version smaller?

In 2.40 and previous versions it was a huge city. The first one in which I really feel to be in a big city..

I saw that the small vilage "Feucht" is missing and the garage seems to be now in Nürnberg.

May I ask why the village "Feucht" has removed? Every missing city/village or road made by Promods is a loss for the wonderful map. I hope there a plans for appropriate replacements. Maybe other little cities nearby?!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information