Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
M4rkus

18 Oct 2017 17:45

I am not absolutely sure but I think it is correct the way it is. From what I know, there aren't any city limit signs along the Autobahns. That is probably because they're not only indicating where a city begins but also the start of the 50km/h in-town speed limit („innerorts“). So the city limit signs are placed when you leave or enter the Autobahn, each time at the end of the exit ramp where it merges with the secondary road system. Different from these are the signs for the federal state borders (Bundesländer, such as the border between Berlin and Brandenburg as you said). Those are for information only and placed along the Autobahns and they are in Promods, too. So, not a bug in my opinion. (However, the large city limit signs aren't implemented everywhere and the end of city signs are sometimes different from their real life counterparts, so that might be improved.)

Noah_Lukas

18 Oct 2017 18:40

When I understand that right what you said than I mean M4rkus is right because City-Sign is not as the same as Federal-State-Sign ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

FH-Fahrer
Developer

18 Oct 2017 20:44

luctrod wrote:
18 Oct 2017 15:15
One thing I find annoying is seeing city limit signs when leaving or driving onto the highway A100 in Berlin. In German it's called "Stadtautobahn", which as per definition means it belongs to the city of Berlin so those signs are just wrong. I can post some pictures later of which I'm talking about. Berlin only ends when Brandenburg begins.
You are actually right. I didn't know this before, but there seem to be city limit signs on the motorways on the border of Berlin. Normally those signs indicate a built-up area and a speed limit of 50 km/h. I will change that.
https://www.google.de/maps/@52.4007923, ... 6656?hl=de
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

Joschaliu
Donation rank:

18 Oct 2017 22:07

Thanks for changing that, I've noticed that error for a while (I have my main garage in Berlin) but I didn't want to be a nitpicker :D
There is one more thing though that's bothering me in Berlin: The only airplane that is taking off (or landing? I can't remember right now) from Tegel Airport seems to be a KLM 747. But in real life there aren't any 747s flying to Tegel, let alone ones from a country as close as the Netherlands. Do you have any other airplane models that you could replace it with? As a huge airplane geek, I would highly appreciate it :P
Guess I'm a nitpicker after all

luctrod

19 Oct 2017 08:03

M4rkus wrote:
18 Oct 2017 17:45
I am not absolutely sure but I think it is correct the way it is. From what I know, there aren't any city limit signs along the Autobahns. That is probably because they're not only indicating where a city begins but also the start of the 50km/h in-town speed limit („innerorts“). So the city limit signs are placed when you leave or enter the Autobahn, each time at the end of the exit ramp where it merges with the secondary road system. Different from these are the signs for the federal state borders (Bundesländer, such as the border between Berlin and Brandenburg as you said). Those are for information only and placed along the Autobahns and they are in Promods, too. So, not a bug in my opinion. (However, the large city limit signs aren't implemented everywhere and the end of city signs are sometimes different from their real life counterparts, so that might be improved.)
That's the general logic, but Berlin wouldn't be Berlin if it wasn't different ;) I also thought the same you said when I saw a city limit sign on a motorway in Berlin for the first time, but just like FH-Fahrer showed, they are really there so actually there is no need to have more city limits on slip roads...
FH-Fahrer wrote:
18 Oct 2017 20:44
You are actually right. I didn't know this before, but there seem to be city limit signs on the motorways on the border of Berlin. Normally those signs indicate a built-up area and a speed limit of 50 km/h. I will change that.
https://www.google.de/maps/@52.4007923, ... 6656?hl=de
Thanks for that! I'm just wondering now if it's the same in other German "Stadtstaaten" (City-State) like Hamburg and Bremen...

M4rkus

19 Oct 2017 16:48

Interesting, didn't know before!

luctrod

20 Oct 2017 08:19

So, I checked that with Hamburg and Bremen, and they are not like Berlin. They both have following signs on the highway when entering the metropolitan area:

But normal city limit signs (start/end of the 50km/h in-town speed limit) are seen on every slip road

Arthur Dent

21 Oct 2017 23:13

Hi guys,

downloaded ProMods about 4 weeks ago, have driven to "King of the Road" level since. Germany is looking sooo much better than in vanilla ETS2! Thanks for you efforts.

My first post here, just a short by-drive to clarify why the city limit signs are where they are:

These signs indicate solely the city limits. On normal roads, this means a speed limit of 50 km/h. But the German traffic code has a provision that states explicitly that this general speed limit does not apply on inner-city Autobahns. However, this doesn't mean that the signs come without consequences: You are still within a built-up area, and will have to be built-up area fines (which are higher than outside of built-up areas) when you are clocked speeding.

Another (rather weird and unintended consequence, arguably a "regulation gap" in German traffic code): Speed limits for trucks can be higher within city limits than elsewhere!

The German traffic code says that OUTSIDE of built-up areas, truck speed limits can't be higher than their statutory limit (meaning that a 100 km/h sign still means 80 km/h for trucks >7,5 tonnes on Autobahns and 60 km/h on other roads). But INSIDE built-up areas (ie behind the yellow sign), this restriction, amazingly, does not apply. So if there is a 100 km/h speed limit anywhere within the city limits, then the speed limit for trucks really is 100 km/h, not 80. Doubt that this is implemented in the game, though.

mateush05

28 Oct 2017 18:59

Junior beta-tester 21.06.2018 - 02.2022

kurtain

29 Oct 2017 14:11

Yes, it is a farce, for the next two years, the best is the detour. :roll: :o :shock: :?

http://www.ostsee-zeitung.de/Vorpommern ... bruecke-an

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information