Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nissantruck

06 Apr 2015 16:44

I have been thinking about this idea many times and it would be nice if someday somebody could do this.My idea is this:would it be possible to do Greece in the same way that Finland and Estonia is at this moment,i mean you can only go to those countries by ferry.So thats why i was thinking that if somebody could make Greece and add a ferry connection from Italy to Greece,so then it is not necessary to do the countries in the north of Greece,i mean not yet.My ferry example is Patra to Brindisi,i also now that there are more ferry connections,between those countries,but that was only an example,so i hope nowbody gets angry about my idea and yes i now you cant make Greece yet,maybe in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

06 Apr 2015 16:53

Nissantruck wrote:I have been thinking about this idea many times and it would be nice if someday somebody could do this.My idea is this:would it be possible to do Greece in the same way that Finland and Estonia is at this moment,i mean you can only go to those countries by ferry.So thats why i was thinking that if somebody could make Greece and add a ferry connection from Italy to Greece,so then it is not necessary to do the countries in the north of Greece,i mean not yet.My ferry example is Patra to Brindisi,i also now that there are more ferry connections,between those countries,but that was only an example,so i hope nowbody gets angry about my idea and yes i now you cant make Greece yet,maybe in the future.
Not a bad idea but I think ProMods has already a lot of food on it's plate. Greece isn't even planned. And with MIRFI's Romania and probably Bulgaria, you can get to Greece without a ferry. But if you really are looking for a ferry from Italy, Bari - Corfu - Igoumenitsa is a real and still running ferry.
Last edited by tkk7406 on 06 Apr 2015 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

06 Apr 2015 19:35

...and just who would be this mysterious "someone" to develop Greece? As noted immediately above, there are already many places already being developed, and there are a finite number of people available (not to mention capable!) to do the work. :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

MistahDave
Donation rank:

06 Apr 2015 21:24

Let's focus on Italy and Croatia (which is still a ways off) before we get too crazy. Shit we're gonna be talking about Turkey, Morocco and Kazakhstan next.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

06 Apr 2015 22:18

Comparing the connection to Finland with the connection with Greece by ferry is comparing apples with oranges for the following reasons:
- The connection to Finland is there since version 1.0. The connection to Greece is not even close.
- The connection Stockholm-Turku is quite obvious and the most direct route; you otherwise have to go all around the Baltic Sea. For Greece, such routes will be illogical because such a route would only make sense if it really is a short-cut
- The Ferry Simulator Bug. This will play quite a role for connection Greece with Italy, which can lead to some odd routes if you want it to connect to Northern-Italy.
- Where is the ferry port to Greece? Big chance that this port is also quite a long way from the rest of the map...

So, I think that it's currently out of the question to start Greece at this stage. We first need to work our way through the Balkans for that.

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

06 Apr 2015 23:51

I think Greece is far ahead in schedule, we've got lots more stuff to finish first. Including the whole of Italy.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

07 Apr 2015 07:43

And don't forget that areas like spain and southern Italy are ideal training grounds for us developers for a dry climate.

That experience will just be a benefit for Greece ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

07 Apr 2015 09:40

Nico wrote:And don't forget that areas like spain and southern Italy are ideal training grounds for us developers for a dry climate.

That experience will just be a benefit for Greece ;)
True. And you'll need to make quite a few islands; after all, that's what we're famous for. :)

Anyway, that's all ahead. Now we should focus on Italy. ;)
Cheers,

Hadi588

07 Apr 2015 12:12

Super thinker NICO..
Dry climate that will be very intresting..

Nissantruck

07 Apr 2015 17:53

1.I can find good map maker persons on this forum,who can do good work.I have seen that many times,with the Promods map mod.
2.If people could only read maps,you could discover ferry ports between Italy and Greece.
3.That dry climate,thing is a good idea,because the scenery is slightly different in south Europe if you compare it to north Europe.So that is why it looks different,from the places we have seen in the Promods map,so indeed a good idea.
4.I did say do not get ANGRY about my idea,i mean after all i have seen people talking about that idea before.
5.You can find dry climate in south Italy,so that is why i also did add this text in this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information