Development on version 2.x (Trailer and Company Pack)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Kobra2112

24 Jan 2016 06:05

Does this pack that you release work with the Christmas addon you released with 2.0?
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

smith121363
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2016 06:38

They said that they were going to try to release it today. In the mean time "It is ready when it is ready".

ScuL
Founder

24 Jan 2016 07:08

When preparing the pack for distribution I found about 487 faulty files, some files with bad names and some other errors that could lead to crashes.

I have chosen not to release the pack at this moment and share it with our beta-testing team for at least 1 week before I will upload it.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

alex.molenaar1

24 Jan 2016 07:16

In other words, it's ready when it's ready

LoaderSaints

24 Jan 2016 09:06

Yes indeed, it's ready when it's ready. This is what happens when you try to put up a pack which contains files from several different modders, some don't take OpenGL into consideration. So before we release the pack we need to fix all the faulty files & then test it again properly just as ScuL said. I hope you people understand this as we want to treat everyone equally. Having had the pack released yesterday wouldn't have been fair for the OpenGL users as it most certain would have crashed on their systems though on systems using DirectX the pack works without errors.

Flywheel
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2016 09:30

Well good thinking fair to everyone, also it will be worth waiting for and all will be able to enjoy it, thanks guys.

losevo58

24 Jan 2016 09:44

Release the two packages. One for OpenGL, DirectX and the second for no problem.

BlackWolve

24 Jan 2016 12:14

No, pls release ONE PACK for all. And ProMods team: If more people ask for the release, pls don't write it's done when it's done. Put the next release date a few days later. Only this is the way, where the people use their brain, i think.
Sure Promods can release that pack, but many people will cry, if they have errors, bugs, CTD's, baby pandas were killed, the computer explode ore more. Let the team fix the bugs and errors, and we all will have some more fune. Keep cool and come down, pls.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2016 12:17

Not the baby panda's! :cry:

We are indeed not going to release two versions of the pack. That would require twice the work for something which can also be archived by one package...
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2016 12:30

ScuL wrote:When preparing the pack for distribution I found about 487 faulty files, some files with bad names and some other errors that could lead to crashes.

I have chosen not to release the pack at this moment and share it with our beta-testing team for at least 1 week before I will upload it.
Indeed, ScuL has put a lot of commitment into sorting this out to the detriment of his own work, so respect him for that. I would also like to clarify that these 'faulty' files were created by other mods that we have imported, and are not our own work. Hopefully they shouldn't be too hard to fix and we will have a release very soon.

In other news, we think Paul will be testing the pack tonight so you will get to see it then, I will also inform him of the slight delay in release so he knows he will be one of the first to test it :lol:.

However, I am getting really pissed off with people asking for the release, and why there is no link, and even asking us to release two versions of the pack because they can't be bothered to wait?! If I get one, just one more person asking, complaining about the lack of release, I will close the topic until I feel it is appropriate to re-open it!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information