Q&A Northern Scandinavia

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2013 20:59

ScuL wrote:can we please keep this thread on the subject of Northern Scandinavia
Indeed we can;

I used to think that Trondheim was not far from Bergen but I looked on a map the other day and saw it was actually a long way up! :lol: So really excited about driving there.

At the moment, to me Finland feels kind of like a small island in the map due to the fact there are just two cities, but this will be better when we have Tampere, and I would request another 1 or 2 cities put there, but, as I'm not an expert on Finnish geography, I really don't know what cities there are in Finland other than these 3 which are fairly well populated. Maybe a Finnish person could help me here ;) . Also, you guys have to spend weeks making cities so I would happily sacrifice 1 or 2 more cities in Finland for others elsewhere in Europe.

Keep it up! :D

Kreuzfeuer

13 Nov 2013 14:51

I think for winter sport fans is Rovaniemi (60.000 habitants) and Lahti really popular (103.000 Habitants) and Kuopio (105.000 Habitants).

My Idea: Winter Mod in Skandinavia, Ski Jumping Hills from Rovaniemi/Kuopio/Lahti maybe near the Roads, so we can see something from the winter sports activities. I know only in Lahti is the Ski Jumping Hill near or in the City. It´s only an Idea :)

Greetings from good old Germany

PS: Yes, I am a ski jumping fan :P

Tuppence870

13 Nov 2013 23:57

If you guys are still planning to include St Petersburg, then I'd suggest an expansion of Finland in that direction. This could include both Tampere and Lahti, but also Lapeenranta is in this region.

Imagine something like this:

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2013 20:33

Would love to see something like that but I'm not sure they have plans for that area (although it would look a bit weird going straight from Tampere to St P'Burg) , we will just have to see what they have time for and what is possible :)
Kreuzfeuer wrote:I think for winter sport fans is Rovaniemi (60.000 habitants) and Lahti really popular (103.000 Habitants) and Kuopio (105.000 Habitants).

My Idea: Winter Mod in Skandinavia, Ski Jumping Hills from Rovaniemi/Kuopio/Lahti maybe near the Roads, so we can see something from the winter sports activities. I know only in Lahti is the Ski Jumping Hill near or in the City. It´s only an Idea :)
Yes, this is also a good idea but involves implementing snow textures and stuff I guess, we will have to see :)

Zees90

17 Nov 2013 23:27

If there would someday be road from Lappeenranta to St. Petersburg, why not Kotka and Vyborg too coz they are right on the roads on that map Tuppence draw.. Then there would not be too long way from Helsinki to StPetersburg.

E_v_e_n

05 Dec 2013 12:29

If the map is going to be expanded up to Trondheim, I really hope you guys can get all the fjords and narrow roads in Western Norway in it too :D Those roads are extremely windy and narrow, and driving those would be a great challenge, I think :) Also, if the main cities on the way to Trondheim from Bergen (Ålesund, Molde, Kristiansund, including the Atlantic Sea Road) could be added that would be really awesome :D I'm from Ålesund myself, and I would love to drive there in this game :)

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2013 21:39

i actually like these ideas that you guys are suggesting. Keep it up!

GamesCooky

20 Dec 2013 17:47

This mod is awesome and you guys are doing a great job. Can you give us a list of what cities you have planned ? (the cities you are definately gonna add)
If you already wrote this list somewhere then im sorry, cause i didnt seem to find it :)

gapico5

20 Dec 2013 23:51

Zees90 wrote:If there would someday be road from Lappeenranta to St. Petersburg, why not Kotka and Vyborg......
I also think that adding Kotka and Vyborg it great idea on this map :) especially Vyborg (Viipuri) :)

Dotpoint

15 Jan 2014 11:46

If the euromir road will be made, will you make the Gulf of Finland available to be driven around? Maybe through Imatra and St. Petersburg to Tallinn.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information