Community Event: ProMods Easter Egg Hunt

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ETS2-User
Developer

27 Mar 2021 15:22

ProMods Easter Egg Hunt
You think you're a ProMods fan? You think you know the map? Well, this is your chance to prove it and win cool prizes! If you want to participate, please read the following instructions carefully and follow them for fair play against your competitors.

Yes, this year we've started a cooperation with the Easter bunny itself. It has hidden 30 easter eggs across the map, and yes, we're talking about easter eggs in a gamer's sense, meaning interesting, challenging and funny perks that are hidden from the world map. Some of these you may already know, while others are new or rather unknown. Some will be relatively easy to find, while others will require a hawk's eye to be spotted.

How does it work?
You need both ProMods ETS2 2.52 and the ProMods Middle East add-on 2.52 to compete.
ProMods 2.55 is not compatible!
Consequently, the hunt can only be played on ETS2 1.40 with all 6 map DLCs installed.
Download the Easter Egg Hunt add-on from the following link and put the .scs file in your mod folder.
Activate it in the mod manager and load it above the ProMods and Middle East files.
Now you can start playing.

Download link:
https://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/0z5gjh0811ht/prom ... 2.scs.html

Next to each easter egg, you will find a sign functioning as a location marker giving you the hint to the next easter egg. You will need to use your brains and sometimes additional resources like Google or a translator to understand the hints on the signs. Some easter eggs will require you to have dev cam (aka Camera 0) enabled. If you don't know how to do that, note this tutorial on how to enable it. All signs follow the same design code, which can be seen below, and are numbered in order. There are a total of 30 easter eggs to find in the hunt. Note that the 30 easter eggs in this hunt are only a selection, so even if you complete this hunt, there will still be plenty of sights and hidden perks for you to discover!

Finally, here's your hint to the first easter egg:

Attention!
I have made a mistake on clue #29:
Replace the word "R - - - - -" with "At Tanf"!

How do I participate in the competition?

The competition is officially over.
The event can now be played for fun and the rules below don't apply any longer. You can share your trips and clues wherever you like.

For maximal fairness towards your fellow competitors, you are required to prove your fair play. Please follow these instructions carefully:
  • Make a screenshot of your truck in front of each of the 30 easter egg signs.
  • For some easter eggs, extra proof is required:
  • For easter egg #19, you are required to record a video of your journey from the location of easter egg #18 to the new location.
  • Easter egg #22 is scattered across 10 locations in total. Besides the screenshot next to the sign, you are also required to send screenshots of at least 8 locations.
  • When you've finished the journey, pack your 30+8 screenshots and the recorded video in a zip file and send it attached to an E-Mail with your username to [email protected]
  • Do not share any information on easter egg locations on the forum, on YouTube, on social media or anywhere else until the prizes are taken and the competition is officially over!
  • Any violation of these rules will result in instant disqualification.

You may be asking if the event can be played in Multiplayer, too. We have an agreement with TruckersMP that this event will be compatible with their launcher if they release it before DLC Iberia and ProMods 2.55. We understand, however, that ETS2 1.40 is a tough patch for their team to update to, so it will still take a while until you will be able to play the event together with your friends, if ever.

Now, what can I win?
The first five users to successfully complete the competition and send us flawless proof of their fair play will win the following prizes:
  • 1st prize: A free copy of DLC Iberia when it is released.
  • 2nd and 3rd prize: A free ProMods full logo unisex shirt from our store. Shipping is included.
  • 4th and 5th prize: Each 3 free fast downloads of the ProMods main pack.

Now, all that's left for me to say is Happy Easter and good luck for your search!
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

TiagoVG
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2021 20:40

ES:
tengo una duda, y me gustaria que si me la pueden resolver.
mi duda es la siguiente soy youtuber y mi canal es: TiagoVG, puedo ir haciendo el evento mientras estoy en directo?

EN:
I have a question, and I would like if you can solve it for me.
My question is the following, I am youtuber and my channel is: TiagoVG, can I do the event while I'm live?
Last edited by bmwGTR on 27 Mar 2021 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added english translation, only english on the main forum!

Ticreut29
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2021 21:46

Hi
The answer to your question is no. Doing the event while live streaming will help the other people who do the event and will disqualify you.
ETS2-User wrote:
27 Mar 2021 15:22
[*]Do not share any information on easter egg locations on the forum, on YouTube, on social media or anywhere else until the prizes are taken and the competition is officially over!
[*]Any violation of these rules will result in instant disqualification.[/b][/color][/list]
Developper of Improved Weather V1.0 on ETS2/ATS

Have a nice trucking everyone!

Best Regards
Ticreut29

yagomojaes

28 Mar 2021 04:07

Hi! I had a problem with my PC and unfortunately I can't play ETS2 for a while, the easter eggs will be available after the competitions ends or when 2.53 is released?

Nissantruck

28 Mar 2021 07:53

Hello! I would like to know,when is the last day of participation in the competition ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

andmas199

28 Mar 2021 13:27

Found easter egg 3 while searching for 2 xD. Still can't find 2 althought i found lots of secret roads.

ETS2-User
Developer

28 Mar 2021 18:10

The competition officially ends when the first 5 players have sent in their proofs. We will announce the winners then.
The event will continue to be playable on 2.52 for as long as you like, but it will not be updated for future ProMods versions.

Attention!
I have made a mistake on clue #29:
Replace the word "R - - - - -" with "At Tanf"!
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

andmas199

28 Mar 2021 19:07

Any winners yet or are we still waiting for the first place?

beta1hit

28 Mar 2021 22:47

Am I just dumb or is easter egg 2 extremely hard to find? I've tried everywhere where it could be and I cant find it. I even found egg 3 before 2...

andmas199

29 Mar 2021 00:30

It's happening to me too, got all the way to 22 without finding the second one. Will probably look for it after i find the rest.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 29 Mar 2021 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information