Development on version 2.x (Black Sea Merge)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
id777
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2020 03:59

But on plan from the first page there is Moldova. So I don't understand why Promods remove it.

Also I watched Promods stream on Youtube and I can't find on map connection road #6 from Timisoara. You declined it?

I saw some Promods 2.45 streams. Very good merging work. But still incomplete Romania.
Here I marked roads that I think are important for adding.

id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

bmwGTR

29 Mar 2020 11:17

Hi,

as also said yesterday in the stream:
1.) Moldova has been rebuild, but the connections haven't been finished in time. Therefore it got removed in 2.45, it will return in 2.50.
2.) Connection #6 was also not finished in time, therefore it will not be in 2.45

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Kalata16

29 Mar 2020 11:27

I watched Promods stream on Youtube and I am disappointed that they did not make the road connection between Veliko Tarnovo and Sofia.

Adarskalen

29 Mar 2020 11:45

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
28 Mar 2020 19:15
I have a question.

I guess you guys did some rebuilds, or at least reconnectings of ProMods Debrecen and the hungarian M35 to the RttBS Romanian border at Bors. I also saw a glimpse of that on RudiRaser's youtube channel... (in one of his videos on the minimap)

My dillemma is that I just picked up the editor and did some tweakings on the Romanian side of that border, more precisely I tried to recreate Oradea at least as scenery there. What I'm curious about is that if you guys edited in the area on the Hungarian side of the border, and my edits are falling in the same sectors, does that mean that my work will be lost even if the two edits don't immediatly meet? Like should I stop with edits there and wait for 2.45 to appear and then restart? (Probably it's a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to maping and I'm doing it only for myself as a private mod)
Yes, your tweakings at Oradea will be overwritten by Promods, because the connection to Hungary made by Promods is in the same sector with Oradea, as you said. The only thing you can do is copy your work in another empty sector, and after the Promods release you can put it back, but it is a hard work, I tried it myself, too. It's your choice then, either stop your work and start from zero after the Promods release or deal with the copy paste headache. :D
Hope I helped you!
Best regards!
Developer of ROMANIA REWORKED MOD

Languages: Image, Image, and some Image

Vøytek
Developer

29 Mar 2020 12:32

Kalata16 wrote:
29 Mar 2020 11:27
I am disappointed that they did not make the road connection between Veliko Tarnovo and Sofia.
We never said we'll do it.

2.45 isn't a version with new cities everywhere. It's about the connections. If you want to wait another month, we can add one road in Bulgaria or Romania, but nobody wants postponing the release right now...
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Kalata16

29 Mar 2020 12:36

That makes sense thanks for the reply.
Last edited by Rudi Raser on 29 Mar 2020 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Horizon™
Developer

29 Mar 2020 12:44

id777 wrote:
29 Mar 2020 03:59
But on plan from the first page there is Moldova. So I don't understand why Promods remove it.
We removed Moldova from 2.45, because we decided to do so. We've explained the removal of Moldova several times, but here's another explanation - This was planned recently amongst team members to avoid a vast differences in the quality to provide a more seamless transitions from Moldova to the DLC areas, therefore, this recent change is not reflected on the map that was made few months ago and it shouldn't be used to judge upcoming content in the area.
Also I watched Promods stream on Youtube and I can't find on map connection road #6 from Timisoara. You declined it?
We decided to focus on the most important border crossings and connections, therefore, these minor connections would have to be built in the future.
Very good merging work. But still incomplete Romania.
Our job was to connect DLC areas to our areas, therefore, we have not promised anything new in Turkey, Romania or Bulgaria. If we will build anything new in these countries, it will be up to individuals in the team.
Here I marked roads that I think are important for adding.
We don't take requests, as we prefer to examine and plan new areas ourselves with a use of the Internet. If we will build anything in the DLC areas, it will be up to developers to ensure what cities and roads must be added.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

ro.gaming26

29 Mar 2020 13:18

why you don't make romanian original signage for example when you enter in a counties is a panel scs doesn't make , and motorway sign and pannel are not real . I know that ALexandru work on Romania he has a map with real sign why you don't let him use them?

Removed image, please use an external imagehost for posting images. #rule-3j
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 29 Mar 2020 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image, please use an external image host. #Rule-3j
Satu-Mare România Image

Vøytek
Developer

29 Mar 2020 19:03

What should we let him use?
I have no idea what your post is about... Did you expect us to change signs in the whole Romania? :?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

FunTrucker_18

29 Mar 2020 21:21

I guess he means that some signs doesn't match the real ones. I can't tell tho. Never been to Romania. But I can say, most Turkish and Bulgarian signs match the real ones. :lol:

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information