Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Rexeros

04 Nov 2019 08:37

Very nice and detailed map. I made small virtual trip :) Its even cooler in VR.
Here is my HQ video (1440p 60fps)

Platypus
Developer

05 Nov 2019 23:53

Shalom,

In addition of renewal of road textures (which will have the correct markings), a new area with few small cities will come in Israël ...
Also, road 90 will be completed from North to South (including West Bank). Here the northern end of this road :
KShmona1.jpg
KShmona1.jpg (213.53 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
KShmona2.jpg
KShmona2.jpg (192.88 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
KShmona3.jpg
KShmona3.jpg (204.82 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Golan heights will not be included. As for Lebanon border, sorry but it will remain closed in Mid-East addon, as it's in real life ...

Regards,

PerrydPelle

06 Nov 2019 00:30

Ok, let me tell my opinion about the border, this is a simulator, made for trucking, not a simulator made for dumb politics, many people come here and ask why the border is closed, some even think it’s a bug, these people want to do what is really important, trucking! I know you want to have as much realism in this addon as possible, but for ones push reality and stupid politics aside, and focus on what’s important. Besides that, nice screenshots
Developer of uh...

ScuL
Founder

06 Nov 2019 01:38

PerrydPelle wrote:
06 Nov 2019 00:30
Ok, let me tell my opinion about the border
We didn't ask for an opinion.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a non-religious, non-political platform which attempts to mimic the real world as much as possible for simulation purposes.
As being ProMods we adhere by that principle and we replicate the real world, as it is in people's every day lives, in a computer simulation.
If a border is closed in real life it should be closed in game.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

PerrydPelle

06 Nov 2019 07:56

Well, that’s not how I and a lot of other people think of it, but whatever, when I writed the post, I already knew you guys weren’t going to do anything with it, so... Btw. aren’t there other borders on this map, that are closed irl?
Developer of uh...

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

06 Nov 2019 09:08

@PerrydPelle Please stay on Topic and don't open discussions unrelated to the development updates! It's a Violation of the Forum rules. If you Keep doing that I've to give you a Warning!
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

PerrydPelle

06 Nov 2019 09:20

I wasn’t planning on going to post any other stuff about this, so....
Developer of uh...

Horizon™
Developer

06 Nov 2019 09:25

Hello,
Ok, let me tell my opinion about the border, this is a simulator, made for trucking, not a simulator made for dumb politics
1. I am glad that you express your opinion, however, I could argue that as a modification for a trucking simulator, we are trying to keep it realistic and as similar as possible to the real-world politics in the region. In addition to that, real-world trucking by itself, is influenced by the politics of the region, because it influences where trucks and cargo could or couldn't go to - that is a reason why you might see Israeli truck in one country, but you wouldn't in another, such as Lebanon.
many people come here and ask why the border is closed
2. I have not personally seen complaints about closed Lebanese-Israeli border crossings, therefore, I would be glad that you could use some examples, instead of exaggerating the situation or amount of individuals.
I know you want to have as much realism in this addon as possible, but for ones push reality and stupid politics aside, and focus on what’s important.
3. We cannot do that - we are about simulating real-world as much as possible in this tiny scale. If, border is closed and is not accessible, then it should be like this in the game. If it isn't closed, then it can be accessible to the player.
Btw. aren’t there other borders on this map, that are closed irl?
4. There are a lot of areas currently, and possibly in the future, that will be closed to the real-world situation and political turmoil in the region, such as crossings to Gaza, any border crossing to Lebanon and border crossing to Syria due of border disputes, whilst, only Egyptian and Jordanian borders will be opened for Israel, in addition of Iraqi border for Jordan and border between Egypt and Jordan (via ferry).

Besides that, please, follow the rules, and do not start these unrelated discussions. Thank you.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

PerrydPelle

06 Nov 2019 09:45

I would be glad that you could use some examples, instead of exaggerating the situation or amount of individuals.
Besides that, please, follow the rules, and do not start these unrelated discussions. Thank you.
So, should I give examples, or should I stop? :lol: But in all seriousness, I’ll stop, I just wanted to express my opinion.
Developer of uh...

sahar89

06 Nov 2019 17:29

Platypus wrote:
05 Nov 2019 23:53
Shalom,

In addition of renewal of road textures (which will have the correct markings), a new area with few small cities will come in Israël ...
Also, road 90 will be completed from North to South (including West Bank). Here the northern end of this road :
KShmona1.jpg
KShmona2.jpg
KShmona3.jpg

Golan heights will not be included. As for Lebanon border, sorry but it will remain closed in Mid-East addon, as it's in real life ...

Regards,
like it,
I am from Israel
There are a number of important cities in Israel that are missing the map:
Tiberias - *Very important*
Nahariya
Hadera
Karmiel
Afula
Bat yam (Near Tel aviv)
zefat\Meron (In the winter Snow)
Modiin
Shlomi
Krayot

more things:
The distance between Haifa and Netanya, between Haifa and Acre and Ashdod and Tel Aviv
Too small, feels really short
we need more cities *please* like in real life (almost everywhere u can see a small town and cities haha)
our 2 International Airport - Natbag and Ramoon are Missing
Eilat - Looks really good but A tourist city with lots of hotels (need more Hotels and shopping mall)
Tel aviv - The heart of the city is Missing - Azrieli towers

I know that's a lot to ask for, but I want the mod to upgrade,
The Israeli community play regularly in Mod, greatly appreciate your work, thank you very much. ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information