[Obsolete] [Q&A] Which cities/ferries/roads are included?

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Reider

14 Sep 2016 11:36

I had a spinal op that failed and destroyed two spinal nerves down my left leg. I take meds that affect the brain to kill some of the pain. Unfortunately they also kill my short term memory and cause confusion. So sincerely I am asking if anyone makes this add on file could I please share it?

Thanks and I also hope SCS do Spain after France and activate this ferry route in the process. They have discussed doing Spain in the past. Then we always have the route, for me it's about the fun, the realism, the feeling of really being there, taking a break from the driving, having an imaginary beer on the ferry, using it as a natural break so replacing the drivers sleep break when timed right as well as the money. We can end up with millions and nothing to spend it on anyway. Alternatively TSM may do it. I live in hope anyway and thankfully we can have multiple Profiles and choices. Thanks all...

ETS2-User
Developer

14 Sep 2016 15:05

Well you have the choice between a ferry that's been removed in order to improve gameplay and boring unrealistic landscapes with nothing to see but copy pasted cities in eastern Spain. And now tell me which kills the realism more. :lol:
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Shiva

14 Sep 2016 15:39

Bilbao, does it have a ferry prefab?
And does it have
\def\ferry\bilbao.sii

Or rather, I should check def-folder myself.
Ok, it has a
bilbao.sii

and in
def\ferry\connection\
it has
bilbao_portsmouth.sii
portsmouth_bilbao.sii

So the only thing needed to get that Ferry connection working is removing the #'s from the 2 files mentioned above.

Question remains, I haven't checked and too tired now, does the prefab have the Ferry symbol "portal"? or whatever the name is in the game?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

brainiac
Donation rank:

14 Sep 2016 20:18

Zniwek wrote:Yes, that's also a solution for more advanced players :)
If you added it, maybe you can share that file with others so they can also use it.
Probably I will share that.
I wrote in topic http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14202 what I changed and what I will change, but nobody is intersting, so I haven't motivation to share and tell plan, current progress and what is done. Currently, I work for me and I will have better traffic flow. I done lot of work (looking on quantity), include ferries. Driving with high traffic is faster and more comfortable.
I sent private message to MandelSoft with intention to share semaphore profiles, but still without answer.
I use this post to ask MandelSoft what is going on with private messages. I get reply on first message from DeusHorizon, but it says that author removed content. Therefore, I want to share with Promods team my semaphore profiles. And I am asking Promods team, do you want my semaphore profiles? Two videos and more details are on linked topic.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Stilgar
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2016 09:09

Who cares about the Money ? On both of my profiles (Promod and SCS) I haven't had any problems to buy regularly a new truck for testing or to expand my garages and both profiles are low (18 and 21).

I adjust my routing so that i travel if possible undiscovered roads and don't care about time and money, system resting is switched off because i do it more like IRL when you sleep at night.

I would be nice if there will be a ferry addon so that could choose.

Thanks again for the great work

/Edit
I use standard economy so the money argument isn't a big one 8-)
Last edited by Stilgar on 15 Sep 2016 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

CAPLV
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2016 10:30

there is many mods for game economic that money question is out of date.. i prefer more realism (more choices) than more money.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

brainiac
Donation rank:

22 Sep 2016 21:00

Zniwek wrote:Yes, that's also a solution for more advanced players :)
If you added it, maybe you can share that file with others so they can also use it.
http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14202
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Shiva

23 Sep 2016 12:39

brainiac, does that add the Bilbao Ferry?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

23 Sep 2016 13:59

I'd be keen to know how to add this ferry route too. However I do appreciate why the Promods team haven't included it.

brainiac
Donation rank:

23 Sep 2016 14:53

Shiva wrote:brainiac, does that add the Bilbao Ferry?
No. I removed more than 2/3 of ferries. My goal with it is to make exploring coastal roads easier and better paid.
Andy_GTI wrote:I'd be keen to know how to add this ferry route too. However I do appreciate why the Promods team haven't included it.
Go to any ferry connection in def/ferry/connection and see what writes there. Then create 2 new txt files, write same, just for Bilbao and Portsmouth, and your price, distance and time; and rename files to bilbao_portsmouth.sii and portsmouth_bilbao.sii. On that way you can add any ferry route between two ports.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information