Baltic States Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

25 Dec 2018 21:37

Wall of Text warning. Atleast it is formatted, sort of.

Vladzz-G, great work!
Kaliningrad oblast, for me it seems very possible to add back the coastal road between Zelenogradsk and Klaipėda.
Klaipėda, there it seems as if SCS said: here.... you can add the ferry or even ferries.
Tjernjachovsk, not checked that far, but should fit, right?
Gusev... there another place that seems..... Here, add it. By SCS.
Taurag, that should fit.
Restoring Ukmerge?! Whoa, I do NOT envy that! Good luck and Good Work Horizon!
I did not drive thru the road there, but it did look like a really tight fit.

Vilnius.... there opinions of SCS go between "Nice!" to.... hmm, why didn't they do like that?
Same with Tallinn.

Pärnu to Rakvere road...
Rakvere should fit in, right? Not driven there yet.
Pärnu, 1st idea was to get rid of petrol station and combine 2 of the intesections north of 4 and 60 to 1. To get more space.
But... 2nd was to just edit the area between the bridge and 4/60 intersection so the 4/5 can fit.
Lifting bridge area up a bit so 5 can pass below 4.
4, between Riia maantee and Papiniidu there add the section that widens the road going north to 4 lanes from 2. "2 to 4 lanes switched to south of bridge, closer to Riia maantee and 4 intesection".
Papiniidu and 4 intersection, keep simplified due to space?

Saaremaa, Hiiumaa and Haapsalu, those areas should fit quite easily?
Paldiski, for those that complain that it is too close to Saue, it could be possible to add a bit road, to have Paldiski a bit more towards/on sea.
"OffTopic: Helsinki area, seems quite good! Only hmm, okay, maybe because of that... is the Espoo IKEA area"

I am not a map editor, I forget the keyboard commands way too easily.
But when I drive in new areas, I tend to compare to google maps if there is coverage.
Some shorter deliveries can take more time than a IRL delivery would take, due to my comparing + checking other areas too.

It will be interesting to drive these areas in ProMods and RusMap.

By the way... north of Vyborg. 41К-84 and the A-181 "E18" intersections by SCS seems to scream: "Here, road to Lappeenranta!"
Yes the distance is way less than optimal.

I do hope that you all have some sort of co-operation etc with RusMap creators and they with you.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Vladzz-G
Developer

25 Dec 2018 23:05

Well... Here's my comments of your suggestions.
- Until destiny of Kaliningrad city has not selected, Curonian spit restoring will questionable.
- Chernyakhovsk will declined. SCS in it's place made scenery village Krasnopolyanskoye. Too beautiful area for destroying. (I myself prefer to avoid massive rebuildings and maximally save SCS' work on Baltics). Instead, Gusev possible will returns as active town + road A198, connecting Poland (Goldap) and s.c. Sovetsk.
- Taurage - TBH, I don't want to restore this city as well, because of the same reason, as with Chernyakhovsk above. + Unfortunatelly, I failed to export this city for merging, due of technical errors. Although, Horizon may have plans with this area.
- Ukmerge restoring is really very challenging, but it didn't stopped Horizon - it's his very important city! :twisted:
- Rakvere: Technically it will fit. Real challenge will starts, when road T5 will have to be restored (SCS even didn't provided T2 x T5 interchange). There was several opinions about Rakvere (it's too big, needs to shrink / we should include only industrial areas, as SCS did). Personally, I prefer to keep Rakvere, as it is now - only reasset with DLC Baltics stuff)
- Parnu, Tallinn... There's all ok, IMHO. I have nothing to comment there. (possible, martinusK will take a look deeply on these cities)
- 90% of Hiiumaa island survided DLCcalipsy successfully, as this island was built on non-DLC sector. Just remained to frankestein 2 parts of Kardla city, road to Heltermaa (ferry to Haapsalu) and Hiiumaa island is done. Should be easy task and it's scheduled. Little dificulties may occur with T9+T10 roads restoring, due of space. Saaremaa island is also in plans to restoring.
- Paldiski. I will not comment there.

For discussing Finland development, please go here.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

brainiac
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2018 00:28

Wow, thank you for detailed explanation!
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

id777
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2018 00:49

Answering to developer, my full opinion:

All the map: needs real road signs with kilometres (destination). I think it's standart for Promods, but not for SCS :cry:

Estonia: I like the way scs made Tallinn and Paldiski area. but Rakvere needs to be restored, it's small but beautiful. SCS made Estonia quite good , due to fact that Promods Estonia is very old.

Latvia: It's quite unfinished I think, worse than Estonia and Lietuva (by SCS). Promods has much more little towns , so please try to return most of them. Like Ogre, Ekabpils. Add please Jelgava town. And maybe add some city centre in Riga if it's possible.

Lietuva: Well made by SCS, also needs some little towns restoring from Promods. I like road from Klaipeda to Pagegiai, so please restore it. Curonian spit is must have, i think it will be easier due some space in the sea.
I would like to see city of Marijampole in Promods too.

Kaliningrad: Worst region in this DLC, Kaliningrad is huge, but too little places to visit, so you can make more places here and also road to Curonian spit and some towns you mentioned before (Gusev) maybe Neman will fit too.

Finland: I like it very much, it's the best region in this DLC! It seems very realistic, like you are in Finland. But I found minus. Please add some roads to Helsinki. If you drive from Russia, you need to go on ring, because roads are closed. Please add it like it was in Promods. Full rebuild not needed i think. It's quite good.
As suggestion, I would like to see Laapperanta city and new connection with Russia.

Russia: maybe some road signs improvements (adding kilometres). Also Kingisepp city can be added

I liked Promods Baltics very much. So please keep it my favourite place to drive in future!
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

martinusK

26 Dec 2018 12:18

@Shiva and any other interested in my plans/thoughts for Estonia
First priority is adding areas, not rebuilding (unless it is necessary).
Western Estonia will be the first area of work, Haapsalu, Kuressaare and Kärdla are all set to return, i reckon other areas of the island will be reduced but i will try to compensate for this by adding places/companies to really distinguish the islands
Rakvere is also set to return however as this requires a partial rebuild of the T1 (especially considering Kunda is now added and has to be considered while working) this will come at a later moment
Pärnu requires a(n atleast partial) rebuild to accomodate for T5 and the T60

Other areas will be looked at later on, these are the first priorities.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Shiva

26 Dec 2018 18:48

Only small future rebuild I suggest at the moment, is only Pärnu and road 4+5 interchange. But that could be done later too.

martinusK thumbs up!
Could it be possible that Pärnu rebuild could be very minor?
Future road layout? example

Vladzz-G, I should check out Krasnopolyanskoye :)
Taurag, I have not checked that area yet. "is there something thereabouts by SCS?"

Ukmerge + Horizon = I do understand :)

Off topic:
I heard/read that 3 of ProMods mappers work at SCS, I only knew of 2. Mandelsoft and the dane that did a username switch.
May I ask who the 3rd is? :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

Vladzz-G
Developer

26 Dec 2018 19:45

Instead of Taurage, SCS made village Lauksargiai. And beautiful and large fields with windmills. (better than mine in ProMods!)
My hand don't rises up to destroy them all for fitting back Taurage - I prefer to decline my city and save SCS' version of this segment of road. Especially, that there may space issue.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Shiva

26 Dec 2018 20:03

Vladzz-G aah :)
Maybe in far future possible to add a farm or similar in the area close to some of the villages? ;)
I'll have to check more of these small villages. I did see a few in my travel from Polish border to Vilnius, the road that becomes A4.
Naujieji Valkininkai, for example.
Before that I saw the A4/128 merge/crossing. Almost as if SCS said.... here, road to Hrodna.

asilas
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2018 21:58

please return curort spot juodkrantė and in russia zelonogradsk and černohojavsk

Horizon™
Developer

26 Dec 2018 23:26

Hello, I am a main developer of Lithuania, and I will answer some questions about my territory.
for me it seems very possible to add back the coastal road between Zelenogradsk and Klaipėda.
asilas wrote:
26 Dec 2018 21:58
please return curort spot juodkrantė and in russia zelonogradsk and černohojavsk
It seems to be possible, but it will be one of the lower priorities, considering that half of it would need to be rebuilt as ferry points might be in the different location than beforehand due of SCS' Klaipėda, therefore, it is likely that locations, such as Juodkrantė will have "i'll be back" moment.
Taurag, that should fit.
Restoring Ukmerge?! Whoa, I do NOT envy that! Good luck and Good Work Horizon!
I did not drive thru the road there, but it did look like a really tight fit.
1. Yes, my primary objective at the moment is to completely merge Ukmergė into SCS' Baltic DLC map as seamlessly as possible, considering that it is my hometown. It was a tight fit, but not as bad as I thought, therefore, the merge of this city is going quite well.
2. Taurage is another story - from what I've noticed, it might be quite difficult to merge the town, but it will be tried, therefore, await for further news from me.
Vilnius.... there opinions of SCS go between "Nice!" to.... hmm, why didn't they do like that?
SCS' Vilnius is not a bad city at all, however, it will receive some rebuilding and addition of new companies in the future + maybe a RusMap connection from Vilnius to Minsk (BY).
id777 wrote:
26 Dec 2018 00:49
Answering to developer, my full opinion:

All the map: needs real road signs with kilometres (destination). I think it's standart for Promods, but not for SCS :cry:
Lietuva: Well made by SCS, also needs some little towns restoring from Promods. I like road from Klaipeda to Pagegiai, so please restore it. Curonian spit is must have, i think it will be easier due some space in the sea.
I would like to see city of Marijampole in Promods too.
1. SCS' Lithuanian navigational road signs are unrealistic and bad, therefore, these will not be seen in Lithuania sooner or later, therefore, real-life destinations and distances to a location will be kept as it was before the DLC.
2. As I said previously - Ukmerge will definitely be restored, whilst, Taurage is currently "50/50" considering that it is a quite compact location.
3. Roads/border crossings will be totally or partially reconstructed, with an inclusion of new destinations (Read, as towns) and roads, therefore, the merge will include a mixture of old and brand-new work in Lithuania.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information