Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
id777
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2020 01:54

Soon Iceland will become more beautiful!
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

brainiac
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2020 12:22

That screenshot reminds me of the ugly vanilla 1-lane interchange prefab. :D
Of course, I don't believe that you would put that.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2020 22:57

The 41 between Reykjavík and Keflavík traverses a large barren area of land where only a few small bushes and tufts of grass can survive. Mountains rise in the distance on one side with the sea on the other.

New junction of the 41/43 near Keflavík.
Rest area looking across the sea.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Shiva

28 Apr 2020 12:05

thumbs up :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2020 00:44

Double thumbs up :D
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

10 May 2020 23:04

Keflavík is pretty much finished!

ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Shiva

10 May 2020 23:43

Nice :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Jeff0169

13 May 2020 18:55

FR:
Bonjour à tous alors moi j'ai roulé en Islande,j'ai acheté un garage j'y ai mis des chauffeurs et des camions et dessus la carte il n'y a plus les nom de villes et dans la gestion des garages,des chauffeurs et des camions il n'y a rien et quand je veux vendre ce garage on me dit que je ne le peux pas à cause qu'il y a des chauffeurs et des camions dedans c'est à ni rien comprendre si quelqu'un à le même problème je suis preneur si vous avez trouvé la solution à ce problème et aussi la solution venu des autres membres merci de m'avoir lu et merci d'avance pour les réponses.
Jeff

Ajouté 1 minute 42 secondes après :
J'ai oublié de dire que sur la carte de l'Islande il y a en jaune le parcours que j'ai effectué...

EN:
Hello everyone while I rode in Iceland, I bought a parking I've put drivers and trucks over the map there is no longer the name of cities and in the management of garages, drivers and trucks from nothing and when I want to sell this garage was told that I can not do because there are drivers and trucks that is in or understand anything if someone to the same problem I'm interested if you have found the solution to this problem and also the solution came from other members thank you for reading and thank you in advance for the answers.
Jeff

Added 1 minute 42 seconds:
I forgot to say that on the map of Iceland there in yellow the route I've done ...
Last edited by bmwGTR on 13 May 2020 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added english translation - only english on the main forum!

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

13 May 2020 23:29

Hi Jeff,

If you're experiencing issues with ProMods you should ask in the support subforum, someone there should be able to help you.
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

PythonHUN

15 May 2020 22:33

thedavitos wrote:
15 Apr 2020 21:37
cool

well i cant wait for road 60 , so we dont take a short way from north part of country (Akureyri) but long way from south part (Reykjavik)

Also i hope reykjavik map will turn the correct way this time and places be put down correctly because some locations are on wrong/other side of road so someone must have flip photos then designed it into game but that bother me much hehe.

road 54 dont care about unless ferry Baldur is being given to us to patreksfjord from stykkisholmur as that is how truckers go to patreksfjordur instead of driving lot of hills.

dont know why road 85 is being given as so far away from all main things in game.

910.... uhhh what and hell no if you are gonna add a giant highway road for a standard truck that aint 4wd and raised.
Even if you, thedavitos, mention truck drivers avoid the hilly roads to Patreksfjörður, i'd love to go on road 60/63 from Ísafjörður or from road 60/62 from south. (https://ibb.co/Y0D4syP- src map is Openstreetmap, made by its contributors) On the map I marked the roads which should be added, so the full length of route 60 (though this was mentioned), maybe road 62 if you go from south, but this is just a shortcut to Patreksfjörður, Route 63 is the same length. Where i marked the red should be added, navy blue is just a suggestion since it's more like the same length as 63, though it's more sensible, black is the roads that are done.

By mentioning that Stykkishólmur is connected to Patreksfjörður via ferry, maybe that town should be considered if Ólafsvík is gonna be built and Road 54.

If Road 85 is gonna be done, then Húsavík should be done since it has a population over 2000(well I think it's in game, but it has its company attached to Akureyri).

Also, Sauðárkrókur is mentionable with its 2.5k population(Road 75 goes there from Road 1 and then connects into 76), Dalvík with its 2.3k population. Maybe Road 76/82 should be done, since it'd be shorter to deliver from Sauðárkrókur to Dalvík and maybe Siglufjörðurand Ólafsfjörður should be put if you willing to do Road 76/82. Also I don't get it why isn't there Egilsstaðir named on the map and it's only a scenery town, when it's the biggest town in Austurland (eastern region).

If you have some place, Neskaupstaður would be also good with Road 92.

I don't know if it's a good idea to have Road 95, which has some gravel but mostly asphalt (based on http://www.road.is/vefur2.nsf/Files/Roa ... -enska.pdf) but it makes a shorter connection to Egilsstaðir coming from Höfn (There is Road 939 aka Öxi road which is a bit mountainous, it runs between two mountains, this road makes the trip even shorter, but it's gravel only, maybe it's gonna be paved at some parts)

So yeah, OfficialDOWL, keep up the nice work! I hope you may take some of my suggestions into consideration (since i mentioned here a lot)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information