Hungary Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
gibanica

11 Sep 2017 11:59

its Dunafoldvar :)
My Euro Truck Simulator 2 - IMAGE COLLECTION GALLERY

hcsabi
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2017 18:34

Almost there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eryman
Developer

12 Sep 2017 01:13

hcsabi wrote:
10 Sep 2017 22:28
Is this road 84 near Sárvár? :)

Or road 8 near Vasvár?
You're right! The bridge pic is located on road 84 near Sárvár ;)

The brazilian guy of ProMods

Yoka#

12 Sep 2017 14:42

As this road leads to Balaton, do you plan to add Siófok or Keszthely as a small city?

AkosTGX

23 Sep 2017 11:26

When we have Waberer's base in Budapest? :D

MarCee76
Donation rank:

01 Dec 2017 20:04

Great work! Will there be 1.30.x compatible version?

Vøytek
Developer

01 Dec 2017 23:23

Yes, of course...
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

id777
Donation rank:

16 Jan 2018 04:53

Hi, is there some progress in Hungary?
I think you should add some big cities in Hungary, because there are only roads, it's a bit empty.

Here are cities that I think you need to add:
Attachments
ramdisk_crop_176805318_9s8YY.jpg
Suggested cities Hungary
ramdisk_crop_176805318_9s8YY.jpg (233.61 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Noah_Lukas

16 Jan 2018 17:54

Before they start to add big cities and start to build cities only I would rebuild the existing roads and cities first ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

JohnBart
Donation rank:

16 Jan 2018 20:36

Agreed with Noah. I really like the improved signs and the new lovely city of Győr (special thanks for representing Audi there), and it's great to see the improved scenery in Debrecen and Budapest, among others. Still, I think that the improvement of the existing road network should take more priority in the future. There are still several two-lane intersections on the motorways (where the outer lane unexpectedly becomes the exit lane, with only the inner lane continuing forward), those should be replaced with proper three-lane prefabs (two-lane forward, one-lane exit), to avoid confusion for casual drivers like me. :)

That said, I think that the existing signs are a rather nice tease (or giveaway?) of the potential new cities to be possibly built in the future. I myself recommend considering the following destinations:
  • Kecskemét. Already seen her marked on some signs, would be a great destination between Budapest and Szeged. It houses a large Mercedes-Benz factory, and the route (M5) already exists to which it can be connected.
  • Miskolc. 4th largest city of Hungary, used to be a major industrial centre during the Soviet era. It's a nice distance away both from Budapest and Kosice I think. E79 (to which it can connect) already exists in the map.
  • Szolnok. A major railway transportation hub along E60 (National Road 4, or "4-es főút"), roughly mid-way both from Debrecen and Budapest. It's also an important industrial centre, housing several chemical works and the local factory of Stadler Rail. I would also prefer building Szolnok because this way, the map would also have the portion of E60 between Budapest and Püspökladány built for the map, which is a heavily used international road even nowadays (as M3 runs far too north for west-bound international traffic coming to Hungary from Oradea).
  • Nagykanizsa. An important regional centre, with notable industry. The intersection where it's located already exists in the mod. Alternatively, you can build Zalaegerszeg slightly north (also having an existing road, Road 74 leading there) to provide a destination city for this region. :)
  • Szombathely. Also an important industrial centre in the west. That said, this may be more complicated to build, as creating this city would also necessitate to connect it with Győr via M86 and with Wien through S31.
Nyíregyháza may also be a good candidate (being the 5th largest city of the country), but it's relatively close to Debrecen (~50 km away), so I don't know if it can be built with the 1:19 map ratio, especially if Miskolc (which would be a better candidate for a north-eastern Hungarian city) would also be built.

Still, I really like Hungary even as it is already in 2.25. Thank you for giving her the justice she deserves, team! :)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information