France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Aaron1

19 Jan 2019 22:25

I like to see you do Monte Carlo it will great to see it like lots of hills tunnels and F1 race track.

id777
Donation rank:

20 Jan 2019 14:51

I would love to see Monaco
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

JohnBart
Donation rank:

20 Jan 2019 16:54

EdgeGladiator wrote:
30 Dec 2018 22:53
Unfortunately, since there is no development in France, I am afraid that there is no real project in the future (unless if a developer comes and say the opposite). Maybe in a distant future, but I think it will have nothing in the near future.
Ah, that's too bad. There are some old PM cities and areas in France that could use a little rebuild, such as Pau or Perpignan. Neither of them utilize assets from post-Scandinavia DLCs, and they clearly look outdated compared to the rest of France.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

EdgeGladiator

21 Jan 2019 18:49

After, Perpignan and Pau are maybe outdated, but there are still good and beautiful in my opinion. When I see Clermont-Fd, Limoges, Rennes, Bordeaux or Toulouse, Perpignan is probably 100 times better than these disgusting cities.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Shiva

21 Jan 2019 21:35

Bordeaux, Toulouse etc disgusting?!
Sir/Madam, I totally disagree!

Missing Kutchek? Yes to that.
Aaron1 wrote:
19 Jan 2019 22:25
I like to see you do Monte Carlo it will great to see it like lots of hills tunnels and F1 race track.
The whole F1 track, that should be a no go, to be honest.
Part of F1 pitlane area, maybe? sort of realistic.
Any space for it? Depends what magic the ProMods mappers can do.

Will we ever see Monaco?
No clue, but it would be nice.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

EdgeGladiator

21 Jan 2019 23:13

In Bordeaux, you didn't have the Aquitaine bridge, which is undoubtedly one of the most important bridge in France. With an industrial area that you not recognizable nothing, the south of the city is totally unrealistic and looks like nothing. Only the ring road of Bordeaux is well done. Rennes, the ring road is good, but I din't see where is the city. Toulouse, the motorway system is catastrophic, nothing is recognizable and I was disappointed when the most importants interchanges of Toulouse, like the Muret exchangeur in the south of the city which was not done. Limoges it's very unrealistic. Clermond-Fd, like Toulouse, a catastrophic motorway system, and it's very unrealistic. Honestly, even Strasbourg or Reims on the base map are better than these cities.
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

befsztyk

22 Jan 2019 00:14

The bridge over Loire near St. Nazaire also is unrealistic. I'm missing realistic suspension bridge with characteristic white-red pylon.

deleted_user_8875

22 Jan 2019 12:49

Last edited by deleted_user_8875 on 22 Apr 2020 00:34, edited 1 time in total.
I am sorry.. but I had to go...

Shiva

22 Jan 2019 20:17

Could part of the issue be French copyright laws?
I do have some memory of that.
And.... SPACE is an issue.
I could go on big rants of Stockholm, Göteborg, Malmö, Jönköping, Linköping etc.
SCS and! ProMods versions.
Sundsvall gets thumbs up. "Altho I am sure I easily could find things to disagree there too"
I could go on rants on Italian, Baltic etc... cities too.
I'll repeat, space is an issue.
And I am sure ProMods can and have fixed some things that SCS did not do.
And I'll repeat again, space is an issue.

Is there ZERO things that are good in SCS France DLC?

Yes, I do counter rant. And not sorry for that either.

SCS and ProMods mappers are good.
I do not always agree with how these have done things.

Currently I can not check ETS2, new PC has no RAM "failure"
And old PC has failing watercooling. + laptop no good for ETS2.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

EdgeGladiator

22 Jan 2019 20:51

Yes, there are some good things in this DLC, such as bridges, the environment, villages and national roads. But unfortunately, there are somes bad points.

When I see that between Paris and Bordeaux, you have 600 km without any cities in the middle, it's not a space issue anymore. I mean, in the way of mapping of SCS, he's not really trying to save space for put more stuff, like ProMods does. After, I can understand that SCS do not want to fill too much the DLC for it to be the most playable for weak pc.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information