France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Dannu
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2016 23:14

Der Freiburger wrote:Very nice thats France on the plan again.

Just a question, will "Kutchek" come back?
You have to ask from him. Got no idea.
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Michieten88

13 Nov 2016 13:27

To be honest i like Kutchek's work better!

France reworked doesn't impress me very much , a total rebuild should had been done
New France will look stunning but the rest old France kind of messy
Dear me!
Even the plan for rest of the country i don't like from SCS , Kutchek plan is the real deal

Sorry to say this but it's the truth

terrorjaap

13 Nov 2016 14:31

I don't really like the rebuilding part of SCS because it seems they did not finish their job there, I hope that the rest of France, the new part, will be amazing. I know that the Scandinivia DLC gave us a lot of assets and new stuff for the map makers and hopefully they will get some inspiration out of it, looking forward to the results :)

BrunoAlexLUX

13 Nov 2016 14:39

Michieten88 wrote:To be honest i like Kutchek's work better!

France reworked doesn't impress me very much , a total rebuild should had been done
Dear me!
Even the plan for rest of the country i don't like from SCS , Kutchek plan is the real deal

My opinion is actually different. It doesn't mean I don't like Kutchek's work but it was good at its time back to 2013, when he began, it was different like the rest of ProMods but time flies. Look what the creators of the Baltic Countries are doing, same for Finland, Iceland or Spain. It's another quality because also SCS created back in 2015 the Scandinavia DLC with new assets and textures, making it easier to create the most realistic assets possible. I hope the same is going to happen with the new France. It's not that I won't see Kutchek's work in the merging of France but I would be happy if they do like they did with the merging in Scandinavia. Some parts stay original but with custom signs and others are just rebuilt. It's just my opinion, don't take this as a rant. Thanks.

Photon_

13 Nov 2016 15:15

Will all of Kutcheks default junction be replaced?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

13 Nov 2016 15:45

Not really. In fact, just like Scandinavia, we'll take the DLC as a base again and check which locations can return on a case-by-case base. Most DLC FR cities are pretty well done, and it's mostly some cities that are missing. Cherbourg, for instance, is not included, so, that's one of the first candidates to return.

The thing is, some parts of France haven't aged very well. You'll notice that when you compare them side by side is you will see a huge difference in style and quality:

This is just one of the examples. Kutchek is better at points, but the DLC has a better overall quality. That's why we decide to use the new DLC as a base and mix, merge and upgrade parts of Kutchek's work.

If you want a real taste of how the DLC will look like, there is a new country route north of Dijon that will give you a better impression how it really going to look like.
Michieten88 wrote:To be honest i like Kutchek's work better!

Dear me!

It's not the truth; it's your opinion. Don't brand your opinion as a fact, because it's very subjective

For the record: Be glad that they actually did something with it, giving it a touch up.
They never planned to upgrade the old part of France, but they actually listened to their beta testing community and this was the quickest way to win s lot in style. They replaced the vegetation, grass textures, navigation signs, road templates and all interchange and rest stop prefabs (except one in Calais) with new ones. You finally don't have those pesky single-lane interchanges anymore (nor will there be any in the France DLC). And that in the course of just one month!

What you're asking is many months of extra work, where they can't make revenue on a product they already sold. It's not worth their time and money and it will delay the rest of the France DLC way too much. What happened now is that the old France has been upgraded while the new DLC was being tested. No time was lost there. Given the time and money and required effort, this is the best compromise.

So please, stop your bashing against SCS (and blind praise to us, for that matter). We are very happy to use their new DLC France assets, some of which are much better than we could ever make. Remember, without SCS, there wouldn't be a ProMods.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

gmtavares

13 Nov 2016 16:43

I think that with the new prefabs, specially the automatic tolls, ProMods team will have A LOT MORE to work with. And that is cool. Having gotten some intel on the map, I know it is well made!! And SCS is getting better and better ( I think they're learning from the ProMods team :P )
Anyhow, with that said, you'll have a lot of work, that will ultimately pay off.
You will now have another gate to projects such as the Iberian, the Italian (I know you are working on these 2), and the Irish one (is that idea up?).
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Peterson

13 Nov 2016 17:14

Well, there's one one-lane interchange on the outside ring of Paris, on the west side whilst heading north, so... but it's no longer a highway.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

13 Nov 2016 18:18

It's not the truth; it's your opinion. Don't brand your opinion as a fact, because it's very subjective

For the record: Be glad that they actually did something with it, giving it a touch up.
They never planned to upgrade the old part of France, but they actually listened to their beta testing community and this was the quickest way to win s lot in style. They replaced the vegetation, grass textures, navigation signs, road templates and all interchange and rest stop prefabs (except one in Calais) with new ones. You finally don't have those pesky single-lane interchanges anymore (nor will there be any in the France DLC). And that in the course of just one month!

What you're asking is many months of extra work, where they can't make revenue on a product they already sold. It's not worth their time and money and it will delay the rest of the France DLC way too much. What happened now is that the old France has been upgraded while the new DLC was being tested. No time was lost there. Given the time and money and required effort, this is the best compromise.

So please, stop your bashing against SCS (and blind praise to us, for that matter). We are very happy to use their new DLC France assets, some of which are much better than we could ever make. Remember, without SCS, there wouldn't be a ProMods.
You speak a lot of sense, and the way you've put your point across makes me understand better why you use these assets, parts of the maps etc but then you have to break down the previous guy's point a little bit more. I can see how it did not date very well, textures of some models in those villages are poor, but I agree with him that Kutchek's planning is exceptional. All these little unsigned on the map villages and the general road network layout give it that real countryside French feel and should remain in the map, but perhaps with texture, model and prefab improvements. My two cents.

ETS2-User
Developer

13 Nov 2016 19:21

One thing is for sure: Merging the two Frances (Frankensteining as we like to call it) is going to be a much harder and more tedious job as it was with 1.0 Scandinavia. We will have to make some very difficult decisions.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information