Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
khaos526

24 Jun 2016 18:29

Transnistria would be good especially if Ukraine project goes back into development (which I read it is now frozen for other projects), but that would help with a good link to Odessa when Ukraine gets back into service...

Barrett_killz

24 Jun 2016 18:49

As far as I know, ProMods won't be building anything in Transnistria, just because they suppose it'll be a "political conflict", and people will be offended. Either way, they don't have plans for Odessa, only the western part of Ukraine, which is actually a long-term plan.

PirriAND

26 Jun 2016 00:14

Barrett_killz wrote:As far as I know, ProMods won't be building anything in Transnistria, just because they suppose it'll be a "political conflict", and people will be offended. Either way, they don't have plans for Odessa, only the western part of Ukraine, which is actually a long-term plan.
Too bad honestly. Gibraltar is still a "political conflict" between Spain and the UK and it's still going to be added, and nobody is going to make a big deal about it. Even SCS added the Gibraltar flag to the Flag DLC

ScuL
Founder

26 Jun 2016 00:35

Those areas are totally different and can't be compared.

#1 Gibraltar is under the sovereignty of the United Kingdom, which is a recognised UN member state
#2 Transnistria has a self-acclaimed status but is recognised by no other country apart from independent regions
#3 Not a single shot has been fired in Gibraltar over the last centuries, whereas Transnistria was the scene of armed conflict in recent decades
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Barrett_killz

26 Jun 2016 07:50

There was no armed conflict in Transnistria since July 1992, but instead there were a few incidents between the russian military and the locals. As I told before, my father fought alongside moldovan army/police in 1992, against the russians and cossacks, and I won't be offended to see that area in a game. Come on, guys..

LoaderSaints

26 Jun 2016 07:53

Even if you wouldn't be offended some other people could be.

Kobra2112

26 Jun 2016 08:28

In my opinion we have bigger fish to fry. The BRP is going fairly well, Spain has... roadblocks of sorts, the UK has recieved a marvelous amount of facelifts (and a few little areas), Estonia and Latvia are far more "populated" in terms of road networks, Pyce (Ruse) got a rebuild and Germany's almost done. Not to mention all the work done in Iceland! Essentially, that sliver of territory is really, really minor at the moment. Let's also not forget how utterly MASSIVE Ukraine is. Imagine driving from Antwerp to Siedlce and that's about the horizontal length of Ukraine. It's quite easy to see why building Ukraine as a whole is not even on the table at the moment. The team has demonstrated fantastic forward-thinking capabilities and the success of the mod has demonstrated this. I reiterate; let the people build. They have done fantastic so far and there's no reason to think that the future is not promising, as in my opinion, this project will only continue to grow in quality and playability.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

26 Jun 2016 10:24

Kobra2112 wrote:It's quite easy to see why building Ukraine as a whole is not even on the table at the moment.
Unfortunately Ukraine is really low priority at the moment. According to the most recent pictures of RusMap, there will be included Volgograd in the next version and without the Ukraine, you will have to make a huge detour via Belarus. That's why it would be great to see Ukraine added, but you are absolutely right, let the people build what they want to build and one day, we will also get the Ukraine.

But let me just add my 50 cent to the discussion about Transnistria:
ScuL wrote:#2 Transnistria has a self-acclaimed status but is recognised by no other country apart from independent regions.
This argument would it make even easier to build Transnistria in my opinion. We have international law and referring to international law, Transnistria is part of Moldova.
Nevertheless, in my opinion even more people would be offended if Transnistria wouldn't be included at all than people would be if Transnistria would be titled as part of Moldova or as independent. Same goes for Kosovo, where the status by international law is very unsure. What I mean is, that those regions are in fact there, they exist, the road system there exists, no matter in which country they are. It would be highly unfair not to include it in my opinion and furthermore, it can also be interpreted politically along the lines of: "Finish the conflict and ProMods will include the part of the country".

Moreover, the argument, that regions will not be included because you might offend some people is not valid at all. Then, you wouldn't even be allowed to include Catalonia, the Basque country or even Scotland, because there will of course be people who are for independence of those regions/countries.

Summarizing, it is of course totally up to you at ProMods, what to include or not, but I think, it would just make sense to include the actual status of road systems in the whole of Europe just as it is to have a complete Europe one day and no holes inbetween, just because of the possibility that people might get offended by your decision of adding a certain region to a certain country or not. The discussion will also never end, if you don't include those regions, whereas most people will accept the way you add regions like Transnistria by sticking to international law and what it says. International law is just an international fact that most people will understand.

Barrett_killz

26 Jun 2016 13:27

Maybe one day, someone will take over such a project, and make it compatible with ProMods and RusMap, such as "Project Balkans".
"The Black Sea Expansion" :lol:

khaos526

28 Jun 2016 14:02

What about with Bulgaria? Is it something that would be developed under this for more Bulgarian cities? I'd really love to see Bulgaria get developed, but don't know if it would be a separate project or if it would be developed maybe under Romania Edition?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information