Cyprus Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Punkii
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2016 13:26

i think its Cesme :P
ProMods driver since 1.70
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198058623892]Image[/url]

batteryman
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2016 19:02

Excellent work !!!

Noah_Lukas

11 Oct 2016 19:52

Platypus wrote:
elitegamer0611 wrote:Yes you are right Platypus what I said was a little wrong. Pease accept my apology. But also please think like this; you live in Belgium right, imagine a mapping company (it doesn't matter for games or for commercial) is building Netherlands, Germany, France and when they come to Belgium they say "nah lets just by pass here" and moves to Luxembourg. That wouldn't upset you?

Anyway let's stay on the topic I am still wondering what is that "Middle East" road you mentioned. The only suitable Middle East road on Meditterrenean are; Lebanon, Israel and Egypt. Egypt is built independently so 2 options left.
Ok, no problem ;) I know you and other users want Turkey but I'm actually the only developper to work in this area. Also, as I previously said, work I'm doing is function of my inspiration of the day. I make the work when I have good idea how to do it. If you ask me to do Turkey now, I will just respond I have no idea how to begin it... I have first to think to it ... Otherwise, result will just be bad.

Also, here's an update over the list I published some time ago :

Turkey : is definitely a country that will come in future or at least parts of it. Because Turkey is very big and we can not connect it actually.
- The first possibilities are to reach Istanbul by Greece/Bulgaria : some work need to be done in Bulgaria ... I'm actually busy in Thessaloniki
- I will consider to add a ferry from Thessaloniki and to do Izmir. So it could be the first Turkish city. In a second time, we will relink it to Istanbul
Lebanon : I find still Lebanon an interesting idea but due to it's closed borders / war area around, it would be like an island with in first time only a connection to Cyprus ...
Israël : The road between Haifa and Ashdod (the two ports) through Tel Aviv area is indeed in consideration. It could also have a connection to Egypt via Beer Sheva. However, there remain some reserve due to potentially political sensitive situation. So it had to be considered actually as a side project.

Regards,
Platypus
That means you think outside the European borders? :D :D That would be very, very nice!! :mrgreen:
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

martinusK

12 Oct 2016 14:06

:?: In what way will you connect Cyprus to the rest of Europe? As far as my research has shown, there are no car ferries to Cyprus (this might've changed in the past few years, this research was done a while ago)

Especially i'm interested in this:
Platypus wrote:Lebanon : I find still Lebanon an interesting idea but due to it's closed borders / war area around, it would be like an island with in first time only a connection to Cyprus ...
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Punkii
Donation rank:

12 Oct 2016 14:28

Turkey : is definitely a country that will come in future or at least parts of it. Because Turkey is very big and we can not connect it actually. The first possibilities are to reach Istanbul by Greece/Bulgaria, other is a ferry from Athens to Izmir.
I think it´s better to build a ferry conection to Cesme that makes more sense.
So one could implement the O-32 Highway between Izmir and Cesme.
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

EG0611

12 Oct 2016 17:40

Martinus Kundla wrote::?: In what way will you connect Cyprus to the rest of Europe? As far as my research has shown, there are no car ferries to Cyprus (this might've changed in the past few years, this research was done a while ago)
Piraeus port have ferries to Turkey, Cyprus even Lebanon via Cyprus.
Punkii wrote: I think it´s better to build a ferry conection to Cesme that makes more sense.
So one could implement the O-32 Highway between Izmir and Cesme.
EDIT There is only 1 ferry route between Greece and Turkey which is Piraeus and Izmir. The other ferry route is Piraeus - Chios - Çeşme. There is one more in north but I suppose it is only passenger or passenger+small car.

Source: Google Maps

Punkii
Donation rank:

12 Oct 2016 18:00

yes Chios have 2 routes to Kavala and Piraeus
but with the game-scale it is hard to build
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

Lionfish
Donation rank:

13 Oct 2016 02:55

Platypus wrote:
Zniwek wrote:Try again when you'll feel it's time to give yourself another chance ;)
ArdaTR68 wrote:And here is my question!
I know it is early to ask but i want to know
Is it possible to add Israel,Lebanon and Turkey?
(There is a cyprus-israel and lebanon-turkey ferry)
And Lefkosia is so beatiful good work! :D
It is possible but we'll all see in the future :)
Hello,

I see here some quite interesting ideas but I have to investigate it more deeply
So, I will make no promises on this ;) However, here is a first idea of what could eventually be done :

Turkey : is definitely a country that will come in future or at least parts of it. Because Turkey is very big and we can not connect it actually. The first possibilities are to reach Istanbul by Greece/Bulgaria, other is a ferry from Athens to Izmir.
Syria : sorry, this is actually war area ... :(
Lebanon : interesting, I like the idea of Beirut with it's airport. However, Lebanon is quite blocked by the closed borders / war. The turkish ferry can not be used because we would need nearly the whole south coast of Turkey first. Maybe a connection to Cyprus could help in a first time ...
Israël : good idea also but with some reserve due to potentially political sensitive situation. The road between Haifa and Ashdod (the two ports) through Tel Aviv area could be studied
Egypt : don't forget it also...

But I repeat that all of this are only possibilities, based on my personal opinion. I would like to work in this area that can offer interesting landscapes for the game, but don't forget we have also to make the link to Thessaloniki (and some parts of Greece) to link this area to the map :)

For Greek islands, only some of them will be considered due to scale, like Crete and Rhodos
norguy wrote: But is it realistic to expect to see it in the next version? Isn't ProMods quite far from reaching Greece?
We could reach Thessaloniki quite quickly, so some parts could come at medium term. In which version, I don't know. As usual, it's ready when it's ready :mrgreen:

Regards,
Platypus
Could you do the Caucasus countries: Armenia, Georgia & Azerbaijan? Yes, they don't border the Mediterranean, but they're very close to that area.

Lionfish
Donation rank:

13 Oct 2016 03:01

Hadi588 wrote:Azerbaijan should also be considered as it hosted "European" grand prix this year in Formula 1
I agree. So should Armenia & Georgia. I'd love to see cities like Yerevan, Tbilisi, Gyumri, Kutasi, Baku & Ganja/

ScuL
Founder

13 Oct 2016 03:47

Those countries are 100% in Asia.

The first priority for ProMods is to complete all of Europe. Whatever happens after that is a bonus.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information