Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Asyedan

29 Sep 2018 22:36

I get your point, but if the only reason you avoid these areas is the potential bad reactions from people, why not first try to get what the people really thinks about it, instead of making assumptions that could not be all true.

You could try making a poll , and doing the same in Facebook and any other media you have to reach the most people you can. If the result of that is good enough, like 80% or more, then you know it wouldn't be a really big deal.

A worser result would mean the community is not sure about what they want, or that a large part of it do not support the idea.In that case, you would end definitely and forever the discussion (at least until these territories are not disputed anymore).

Anyway, i think once Albania makes its way into Promods, the demand for Kosovo will fade out. So i think it is better to go that way, as i said before, Kosovo currently isnt worth building and focusing into the rest of the balkans seems like the right idea. I do not really care that much about Kosovo, because ProMods is still awesome with or without it. I just think that our community should leave all politics outside of the game, we are here because we enjoy playing ETS2, if someone really care that much about which country some territory belongs to in a map mod for a game, i think he doesnt really enjoy the game.

KanjonMoraca

30 Sep 2018 15:51

My opinion about making Kosovo is that it would be best to skip it, im Serbian and i think that it would be best to make a balance and keep doth side satisfied with content in-game. Including politics in game is not worth of it, there is a lot of dedication from PM team to make a one good quality standard and improve it.

I love this game because of possibility to drive across Europe and learn about new places and architecture, and im enjoying in it.

For Kosovo is ONLY important that you mention it on the map and on some signs, and that's ok, i respect it.

So, please, let's skip this and talk about maps, regions, and things which made this game. :)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Sep 2018 16:37

Since my last statement apparently wasn't clear enough, this topic will be locked until further notice.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

27 Oct 2018 01:07

Topic has been unlocked again. Any discussion on the development of Kosovo or lack thereof will still lead to immediate warnings.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

AoiWithAStar

27 Oct 2018 01:49

Glad this topic is finally unlocked. I just wanted to let the devs working on Bulgaria know that Google Maps is currently doing an update on its street view. For the moment it only covers some areas of the country but it might be helpful for getting good very recent shots of Bulgaria.

befsztyk

27 Oct 2018 02:34

I'd like to thank the developers for amazing work in Zadar. The center with the gate to the old town and footbridge with the city view on the other side of the bay is outstanding!

Asyedan

27 Oct 2018 04:03

How will you start developing Albania? Will you start from the east from Ohrid (FYROM) to Elbasan and Tirana, or will you do Montenegro first and come from the north?

Ps: I want to say the same as befsztyk. I went once to Zadar, and altough i did not pay much attention to the city because it was at the end of a long trip from Sibiu (Romania), the road next to that city is really beautiful, some really scenic mountains out there. Great work there :)

KanjonMoraca

27 Oct 2018 12:39

I'm very interested to see how will you build canon Morača which is the main road across Montenegro all way from the Serbian border from North down to Adriatic coast. There is so many scenic mountains, tunnels, serpentine.

brainiac
Donation rank:

27 Oct 2018 13:21

And I am much more interested in Canyon of Piva.
P.S. You wrote canon instead canyon.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

ro.gaming26

27 Oct 2018 19:08

did you rebuilt Romania ? because is part of Balkan and the 2018 pics will arrived
Satu-Mare România Image

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information