Development on version 1.x (Italy edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
danirijeka
Donation rank:

07 Feb 2015 23:53

Purno wrote:Worked on signage in Bologna
Soc! (Bolognese equivalent to "Wow", or "damn")

One minor nitpick: A14 goes from Bologna to Taranto, the Autostrada from Bologna to Milano is the A1. More often than not, it takes two different signs to direct towards two different Autostrade (especially where these start), unless you're using a double-height one.

DeDios85

21 Feb 2015 12:41

Thank you very much for your work! :) i simply love it.
Just a little thing: i miss the A4 route from Milano to Torino.
https://www.google.it/maps/dir/Milano/T ... 070312!3e0
Wiki link (italian language): http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostrada_A4_%28Italia%29
Basically it covers all North of Italy, from East to West, From Torino to Trieste.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2015 12:51

DeDios85 wrote:Thank you very much for your work! :) i simply love it.
Just a little thing: i miss the A4 route from Milano to Torino.
https://www.google.it/maps/dir/Milano/T ... 070312!3e0
Wiki link (italian language): http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostrada_A4_%28Italia%29
Basically it covers all North of Italy, from East to West, From Torino to Trieste.
I don't understand what you mean. The A4 is already there (ETS2+ProMods) all the way to Vicenza...
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

21 Feb 2015 13:54

He's talking about the Turin-Milan leg, which isn't in the base game or ProMods.

The route in-game roughly follows SR11, SS26, The signage messes that are A4/5 and A4/A26 (Whose smart idea was it to stop calling it A18?), SS455 and SS11.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

DeDios85

21 Feb 2015 14:47

Exactly what jdenm said ;)

Actually (in real life) if you have to go at Turin (and then go to France/Frejus or Mt. Blanc for example)..you take the A4 Torino-Trieste (a beautiful and fast highway).
Yes, it's the same highway you take at Milano to Trieste.
ATM ingame there's just the A7/A21 Highway, useful just if you need to go at Genova or Piacenza.

DeDios85

21 Feb 2015 15:18

Basically we miss:
-The A5 Highway from Torino to Aosta/Mt. Blanc
- The A4 leg from Milano To Torino
- The A21 Leg from Tortona to Piacenza

I don't know the existent "thin" road on the ETS map to Bern...maybe the Grand Saint- Bernard pass from Aosta? But there's a tunnel, called "T2"...it's an highway as well, not normal road (well, there's the alpine pass, but not a good choice with a truck).
http://www.letunnel.com/homepage.asp?l=3

Bob Garde
Donation rank:

27 Feb 2015 20:31

DeDios85 wrote:Basically we miss:
-The A5 Highway from Torino to Aosta/Mt. Blanc
- The A4 leg from Milano To Torino
- The A21 Leg from Tortona to Piacenza

I don't know the existent "thin" road on the ETS map to Bern...maybe the Grand Saint- Bernard pass from Aosta? But there's a tunnel, called "T2"...it's an highway as well, not normal road (well, there's the alpine pass, but not a good choice with a truck).
http://www.letunnel.com/homepage.asp?l=3
It also misses A21 leg from Piacenza to Brescia where there's an interesting interchange with A4, but it could be a duplicate of A22 from Modena to Verona and I don't know if there could be enough space for both. Anyway I think A4 leg from Milan to Turin is too important and it shouldn't miss in ETS2. I don't know if modders are interested about that road, but it's one of the most important of Norhtern Italy.

M95

27 Feb 2015 20:52

I know of these missing connections, and I never built them in since I used to be affraid to damage the surrounding landscape too much, but now since I have more mapping experience that point changed. Believe me, some day I will add these connections, when there's time for it and when they fit in the map (most do actually). These missing connections also annoyed me.

There's one thing I actually can confirm to you guys, and that is that these suggested connections will not be included in the 1.9 version (which seems quite logical).

Remember, suggestions are always welcome, so does critisism, but it needs to be constructive and suggestions need to be realistic, remember the 1:19 scale of the map which is a challenge itself..

Bob Garde
Donation rank:

27 Feb 2015 21:03

M95 wrote:I know of these missing connections, and I never built them in since I used to be affraid to damage the surrounding landscape too much, but now since I have more mapping experience that point changed. Believe me, some day I will add these connections, when there's time for it and when they fit in the map (most do actually). These missing connections also annoyed me.

There's one thing I actually can confirm to you guys, and that is that these suggested connections will not be included in the 1.9 version (which seems quite logical).

Remember, suggestions are always welcome, so does critisism, but it needs to be constructive and suggestions need to be realistic, remember the 1:19 scale of the map which is a challenge itself..
Thank you M95. Your work is very fine, I like it so much! I don't pretend (obviously) that these connection were realized in so little time, but I appreciate your fast answer and your plans. Now the right thing is to think to Bologna. I saw that this city will maybe included in ProMods 1.9 (anyway it will be next Italian city), but can you tell me something more? Are any others italian new roads or cities expected in this version? It's just curiosity, I hope you don't feel under pressure :D

M95

27 Feb 2015 21:14

Only thing I can tell you is that the new version is going to be great and ready when it is ready. I really can understand your curiousity but the reason we are not saying that much about some things is te prevent unnecessary pressure. But you will like the update, that for sure!! And sorry this is all I can tell you.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information