British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2017 14:30

Everything around the area except the already rebuilt A180 will be rebuilt at some point. There are no LHD toll booths at the moment so someone would need to make those from existing toll models. Immingham is one of the biggest industrial sites in the country so it would be suitable to include it if space is there. Scunthorpe is smaller than Immingham and there is no space so it simply wouldn't fit.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Kimril
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2017 15:10

I hate to be negative but I'm really not a fan of Folkestone now, it's far too big and slow, feels really out of scale and doesn't really add anything to the map apart from making your journey longer.

I like the part where you go through passport control and all that similar to the ferry terminals, but the really long drive down windy roads just to get to the tunnel seems completely unnecessary.

YNM

02 Nov 2017 19:08

Nathan_A_RF wrote:
02 Nov 2017 14:30
There are no LHD toll booths at the moment so someone would need to make those from existing toll models.
They would be really useful - Tamar Bridge, Kingsway tunnel, Tyne tunnel, M6 Toll...

I wonder though, for things like Dart Charge and Mersey Gateway, is there any way to implement those ? Maybe like the (old) proposed German HGV tolling in-game ?
Kimril wrote:
02 Nov 2017 15:10
I hate to be negative but I'm really not a fan of Folkestone now, it's far too big and slow
I hadn't noticed until you mention it... It's the size of Birmingham (in-game) ! Needs to be simplified down I think, maybe just an enterance-exit with some barriers and sideline parking or so.

GarthEastwood

02 Nov 2017 23:28

Immingham isn't really what I'd call one the biggest industrial sites in the country - it is only a small town. It does have large port facilites, and is rather industrial in nature, but really it is just part of the overall Grimbsy / Hull urban zone. Also I am pretty certain Scunthorpe is actually a few times larger than Immingham - and has the habit of being victim to tyrannical web-blockers due to an unfortunate quirk in it's spelling!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immingham
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe
Last edited by GarthEastwood on 02 Nov 2017 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2017 23:32

The Channel Tunnel at the moment is exactly perfect to the real life situation, down to the last parking place. A very good job was done there. Folkestone itself is very good given it's very small scale compared to the real life town, and a real good job was done there also. I doubt they'll be size adjusted unless there was a change of heart.

Of course LHD prefabs of toll booths will be needed for those crossings, mainly Humber Bridge, Severn Crossing(s) and the Tyne Tunnel (and yes eventually when the M6 Toll is built). Also there are going to be automatic tolling cameras in the game at the Dartford Crossing, taken from the Scandinavia/France DLC. Both ways will be automatic and you will be tolled as you cross; which is as close to real life as we can get without creating an in game web browser and a mock Dart Charge payment website :D

As for Immingham it will have to be decided when the area is built but it is a hub for cargo for trains at least, and trucks use it also (don't forget the major roadworks to dual the A160 that took place not too long ago). However large Scunthorpe is, there will be no room for it with the A15 and Sheffield close by with the M1.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer

GarthEastwood

02 Nov 2017 23:36

Due to the port facilities, I'd agree about giving Immingham more priority for future ProMods than Scunthorpe too..... but off topic a bit though, there are some major cities, and port that has been missing from the UK scenery, both vanilla ETS2 and ProMods..... Bristol! Any plans to add it? And of course, the Leeds / Bradford urban area..... that is only 5th after London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow in size! I used to live in Leeds so have an ulterior motive to see it added! Oxford, York, Blackpool..... these are all pretty major places that seem to be forsaken as of yet too!

Shame the UK map is now getting crowded...... but looking at it, Bristol, Leeds (even if you have to nudge it a little northward to make room) and Oxford appear to have a bit of space to be squeezed in!

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2017 00:22

There are plans for more new cities, don't worry ;)

YNM

03 Nov 2017 01:44

Nathan_A_RF wrote:
The Channel Tunnel at the moment is exactly perfect to the real life situation, down to the last parking place. A very good job was done there. Folkestone itself is very good given it's very small scale compared to the real life town, and a real good job was done there also. I doubt they'll be size adjusted unless there was a change of heart.
Aww. Imagine how large the facility at Frèthun would be... is it to hold back the crossing traffic due to extra crossing time ? :lol:
Now if only we can have real immigration !
Nathan_A_RF wrote:
LHD prefabs of toll booths will be needed ... Severn Crossing(s)
They're going to make it free or something I think because the tolls are due ?
Nathan_A_RF wrote:
Scunthorpe
I just noticed they also have a really big steel mill, maybe under Grimsby ? They have their own motorway (M181) !

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2017 02:05

Don't discuss France here 😉. M181 is pointless in real life so has no purpose in ETS2.

sikejsudjek
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2017 00:36

Bristol would be great to have - the suspension bridge, docks, Avon motorway bridge, and the raised M5 section from Gordano would be pretty spectacular.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information