Cabin Accessories Pack Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
kerbalman
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2016 13:54

Perhaps readers of this thread can suggest items for inclusion.
Another idea: let modders create dashboard items and submit them to you for inclusion. You could then review them include/not-include them. Just provide specs here for the modders. For instance, modders could submit Blender files. I'm not a ETS2/ATS modder, so I don't know if the idea is viable. I mod for KSP using Blender and the Unity 5 editor/engine.

mgsakatataee
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2016 17:19

Ohh nice! :D
Can you do also drives plates like those? (of course excluding the USSR plate)
Good luck with the project.
Playing PM since 2015. Why? Because I like this mod. A bit laggy, but very well made.
Favorite truck brand: DAF.

Dannu
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2016 17:21

That would be nice :) I used that mod long time ago...
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2016 03:33

Dashboard plates like those would give me a reason to stick one over on the other side of the truck cab from where I sit. =)

Barrett_killz

05 Mar 2016 14:44

Supporting this idea, would be great!

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

05 Mar 2016 14:52

Thank you all for your comments, I'll try to answer some of your questions:
grega wrote:For future suggestions / possible expansions I would say: Sat Navigation (if it's even possible). Something like TomTom mod, but maybe some other dimensions (bigger, wider?). This would add pure realism to the game
This could be done in the future, but I have to looks into it and see if it can be done. As far as I can see though, branding the GPS is easier than making it bigger, and in any case, it wouldn't be really realistic if they were too big. Apart from that, we've got some more items which are higher in the priority scale, so this won't be coming anytime soon.
Wolfpig wrote:Would it be possible for you guys (if you have the time) to make a tutorial on how to create stand alone accessoires in the academy section?
Or do you know an easy to understand one which shows that?
It's not that difficult. I've learnt it by more-less looking around the extracted files. I'm probably not the best modder in the team but if I can get round it, I'm sure you can. ;) If you still really want a tutorial, then maybe I can do something about that, but personally, I'd get curious and start searching the files, looking at what connects with what.
kerbalman wrote:Perhaps readers of this thread can suggest items for inclusion.
Another idea: let modders create dashboard items and submit them to you for inclusion. You could then review them include/not-include them. Just provide specs here for the modders.
That's quite a lot more complicated than one would think. For starters, there is the author/credit issue. The author for whatever reason may want to remove his work from our pack, and it's hard to disagree, because it is his/her work. Then there is the concept itself, it's a bit like saying that modders can map different areas and then we would decide whether to include their work or not. Don't get me wrong, we are interested in what the community comes up with (as you'll see further down this post), but this process sounds similar to the developer recruitment process and frankly, if one wanted to join the team, they could show their work in the appropriate forum.
mgsakatataee wrote:<snip>
Can you do also drives plates like those?
Sounds like a very interesting idea, and it's given me another idea if I'm honest (got something to do with number plates). Obviously, we will not copy the original, but we can do something similar.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

smith121363
Donation rank:

05 Mar 2016 18:17

A passenger would be nice. It would not even have to be a man or a woman. Could be a dog or two. :mrgreen:

mgsakatataee
Donation rank:

05 Mar 2016 19:55

I am glad you liked my idea. If I'll get new ideas, I'll post them here.
Playing PM since 2015. Why? Because I like this mod. A bit laggy, but very well made.
Favorite truck brand: DAF.

kerbalman
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2016 14:27

smith121363 wrote:A passenger would be nice. It would not even have to be a man or a woman. Could be a dog or two. :mrgreen:
Here's your mod Be sure to look at the Photos tab.
tkk7406 wrote:The author for whatever reason may want to remove his work from our pack, and it's hard to disagree, because it is his/her work.
This is a non-issue. Make a statement that by submitting, the author gives permission for ProMods to release and use the asset. This is done all the time elsewhere. Do you really see a scenario whereby some author absolutely demands that the asset be removed? And, I don't see how this sounds like a recruitment process.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2016 16:01

Wow... I won't be surprised no more even if ProMods starts to make "Paintjob" mod for ETS2 & ATS.... That would be also very cool :)
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information