The Scandinavian map plan

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
TehHipster

26 Dec 2013 21:36

I got a idea. If their are cities that are to far away for beginners, you shouldn't be able to select it for your starting city.

Depth
Donation rank:

08 Jan 2014 12:54

torsein wrote:but we are one of the lands whit moste Money in the woorld and still the drivers pay more for the road than the goverment. and where i live in gudbrandsdalen where they are building New road, becase of a discusino about tunnel or road lowered 7m Down in the ground they did push the startlimit some years 4 years i think it took longer before they ahve started now
Oh, but it gets even better. Anyone with a car pays a yearly "Road tax", which was originally meant to be used for maintenance and construction. This substantial amount of money, however, is not earmarked, and gets spent on anything but roads.

Then the story is that there is """Not enough money to build roads""" (in massive quotation marks), and so they set up toll plazas in areas they are planning to expand. If they estimate a road will cost 60 million they'll usually gather in 80 million to be on the safe side. If it turns out the road only cost 50 million to construct, the remaining 30 million will NOT be used for any construction and not even the national budget; it simply goes into the pockets of the company owning the toll plaza.

It's also fun when the politician who manages to set up a toll plaza in a specific region is married to the woman in charge of the plaza in that area, thereby making himself rich. Norway is ripe with this kind of corruption.

ScuL
Founder

08 Jan 2014 13:51

TehHipster wrote:I got a idea. If their are cities that are to far away for beginners, you shouldn't be able to select it for your starting city.
this isn't possible, any city can be selected
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

bubbel23

14 Jan 2014 11:49

Hello everybody.
I have a little question :
Is there by any chance any thoughts of that the east coast road in Sweden between stockholm , down to Kalmar, kalskrona ,kristianstad , malmö to be added in the Scandinavian map in the future.
I would be so , so happy.

And once again thanks for this map rules.....

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2014 13:14

We have already mentioned on numerous threads that we are busy adding more in the east of Sweden :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

14 Jan 2014 14:31

bubbel23 wrote:Hello everybody.
I have a little question :
Is there by any chance any thoughts of that the east coast road in Sweden between stockholm , down to Kalmar, kalskrona ,kristianstad , malmö to be added in the Scandinavian map in the future..
I would be so , so happy..
As we speak, I've just started on doing just that (started as in, I've started work like three hours ago :P ). I've extended the Rv35 from Linköping up to the E22. From there, it's a long way to the south along the coast to Kalmar. There's a possibility to extend the E22 all the way up to Norrköping, but we'll see how it fits. I don't know if we are going to make a functional Norrköping, but as a panorama city for sure if we let the E22 up all that way...

So yeah, we are definitely planning to do that ;)

(The fact that I started work on this is that only one of us at the time can work on a specific sector. And since Nico is working on Stockholm right now, I started work in other sectors to speed up the process)

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MateuszOberland

18 Jan 2014 21:13

well i hope that the next promod project is to finish of france and start on ireland as i can't wait to have more countries in the game

Gazer75
Donation rank:

20 Jan 2014 14:25

Hrm...on the subject of distance...do all cities have to have a garage? If there was none that would prevent it from being a possible starting city?

Son of Wellington
Donation rank:

05 Mar 2014 17:52

Any updates?

SM2700

05 Mar 2014 18:01

As others have concluded using common sense the focus is probably on getting a ETS 2 V1.9 compatible version out instead of working on major projects.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information