The Scandinavian map plan

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ScuL
Founder

02 Aug 2013 19:34

Gazer75 wrote:
Nico wrote:No there wouldn't be any room for that.

Most countries only have the bigger E roads ( 2-3 lanes). Norway is mostly single lane roads. We also added the rv13 and the rv7 with some smaller challenging parts.
If you manage to fit hwy 11Denmark/B5 Germany, then I see no reason the Rv. 9 wouldn't fit.
The distance between the 11 and E45 in Denmark is pretty close.
I looked at it, I think it can be done but I'm not sure if we will have the time..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Gazer75
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2013 23:51

ScuL wrote:
Gazer75 wrote:
Nico wrote:No there wouldn't be any room for that.

Most countries only have the bigger E roads ( 2-3 lanes). Norway is mostly single lane roads. We also added the rv13 and the rv7 with some smaller challenging parts.
If you manage to fit hwy 11Denmark/B5 Germany, then I see no reason the Rv. 9 wouldn't fit.
The distance between the 11 and E45 in Denmark is pretty close.
I looked at it, I think it can be done but I'm not sure if we will have the time..
I didn't expect that for first release :o

I thought you were waiting with E134 for later releases? Thats when I was hoping it would be included.

ScuL
Founder

03 Aug 2013 00:06

Yes E134 is only included for a very short part (it's not linked from west to east at the moment). So coming from Stavanger heading to Oslo the only option is to go via Kristiansand.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Mysil
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2013 20:55

Are you making the underwater tunnels as bridges? I would think making the underwater tunnels are too much work.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2013 21:02

We got tunnels at spots where water could be above it. But nothing fancy with tunnels. Only some irl bridges.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Mysil
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2013 21:34

Nico wrote:We got tunnels at spots where water could be above it. But nothing fancy with tunnels. Only some irl bridges.
No worries!

But I would admit it would be nice at a later point, maybe I should look into some editing myself :)
The ascents (up to 10%) in the tunnels are pretty challenging for trucks, even with lighter loads. And soon we will have the longest tunnel in the world, both over and under water, Rogfast.

Gazer75
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2013 22:14

Mysil wrote:...And soon we will have the longest tunnel in the world, both over and under water, Rogfast.
That is an...interesting use of the word "soon" :lol:

Rogfast wont be completed until 2023 at the earliest. And they have decided not to allow 7% incline to Arsvågen and instead go for 5%, so they have to redesign that part. This will delay the project even further.

Youtube video with English narration:
http://youtu.be/CAwNFf4sopM

The project website in Norwegian:
http://www.vegvesen.no/Europaveg/e39rogfast

Mysil
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2013 22:22

Gazer75 wrote:
Mysil wrote:...And soon we will have the longest tunnel in the world, both over and under water, Rogfast.
This is Norway, it takes two years to approve new pavement on highways. 10 years for that project is soon :)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2013 00:18

Mysil wrote:
Gazer75 wrote:
This is Norway, it takes two years to approve new pavement on highways. 10 years for that project is soon :)
Better than here in NL. It is taking them since the late 1960s to finish the A4 near Delft (west holland).

Still no plan on how to continue that motorway :mrgreen:
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Gazer75
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2013 02:49

At least you have a motorway network.

Norway have around 400km of motorway, and pretty much all of them are toll roads.
Just driving Oslo-Kristiansand will cost you over 17/34€ in tolls. And that will probably double in the years to come as more stretches of motorway is built here.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information