Trailer & Company Pack Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Bramzel
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 12:57

Morderator wrote:
15 Jan 2018 10:49
Is it somehow possible to not assign specific companies to trailers? I have seen it quite a few times, e.g. it is pretty unrealistic that DHL (German Post) will have a tank trailer since they deliver mail and packages.
Have you tried a Google Image search for 'dhl tanker'? You might be surprised ;)

Morderator

15 Jan 2018 13:04

Bramzel wrote:
15 Jan 2018 12:57
Morderator wrote:
15 Jan 2018 10:49
Is it somehow possible to not assign specific companies to trailers? I have seen it quite a few times, e.g. it is pretty unrealistic that DHL (German Post) will have a tank trailer since they deliver mail and packages.
Have you tried a Google Image search for 'dhl tanker'? You might be surprised ;)
I am indeed surprised. :shock: Thanks for the headsup! I have never seen that truck on the streets though.

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 18:08

I'll admit that I wasn't paying too much attention to whether the company may actually use the trailers or not when fixing up the paint jobs.
For the Willig fuel tanker trailer, I was simply trying to make sure that the trailer had a 1:1 match for paint jobs that ProMods made to be used on the base fuel tanker trailer model that is contained in the TCP.

SCS Software provided paint jobs for all of their trailers for all of their companies, regardless if the trailers were being used at the companies or not.
For example, I never see a refrigerated trailer at NBFC (BASF if using the TCP), yet the paint job definitions exist for that company/trailer combination anyways.

citelis730
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 18:32

All the trailers that SCS made exist in freifhtmarket i think if you play with no mods but some of them must be really rare!! But I saw a TREE-ET tanker in traffic and im still looking for it in freightmarket with no mods!

EDIT: Also i have tried several cargo packs and even if i use only standalone TCP it still generates doubles everywhere, even at countries that does not allow them in real life!
I removed TCP and used Jazzycat's cargo pack only and it still creates doubles everywhere!

Look here a double in Wien with only TCP mod! Also in Wien in case i use TCP there are 2 OBI companies in the same city! One of them becomes SELLPLAN if TCP gets removed but the other one stays OBI and without TCP it has only white cargo!
Last edited by tkk7406 on 05 Feb 2018 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't double post, edit your posts instead

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 19:36

That particular OBI company is from the base ProMods files, so the TCP won't replace it if you are using the Replacement version of the TCP.
That OBI company has its own definition file which is separate from the SellPlan company definition, which the TCP Replacement replaces the names/text/logos of with OBI.
The fact that this particular OBI is in Wien is generating white trailers means that ProMods did not provide a paint job for it in the base ProMod files.

The double trailer issues should be reported as bugs in the Bug Report forum with as much information that you can provide about them.
Double trailers are only supposed to show up in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Spain per the thread about the double trailers in these forums.
I've reported a couple of mis-assigned double trailers that are existing when they shouldn't to the Bug Tracker, mainly with destinations in Poland from other regions.

citelis730
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 20:13

I will try to check again for doubles with only maps and TCP mods!

And looks like there are several companies added by ProMods even withoot TCP!
LIDL has its own paintjob but most of the others dosn't (Auchan, Bauhaus, DHL, OMV etc) so in case someone uses ProMods with no TCP, he will get a lot of white cargo! :lol:

citelis730
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2018 13:42

The Replacement version is finally good! No white trailers in Italy and France!! I can finally use it!

ScuL
Founder

16 Feb 2018 05:21

Yes this was fixed in 1.16 :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

PitbullShadow

10 Apr 2018 13:22

I have noticed I get messages in my log about old pmg files conversion for trailers also have the files to replace them cuase there is acommand you can add so it converts it to the right format, but am unable to add it to right parts cause they are not accessable, will the ppmg conversion be done at a point cause though it doesnt effect the game in a big way, it is annoying/frustrating when looking for an error and a list of pmg conversions that are not done standing and making the log file longer then necessary.

Or is there a way I can add the right files to the right parts? Cause I really would like to get the errors/warnings out since it is easy done to get the right conversion with -conversion_dump_path so the game does it for you and the warnings are there since they changed the pmg files... So had hoped by now it would have been solved after almost a year now. I know not priority but it is so easily done. And would do it myself have done it myself but can get the files in the folder cause i dont know in which one it is hiding/locked.
Since it is trailer_eu folder and files I assume (perhaps wrong) it is in the tcp pack.

ScuL
Founder

10 Apr 2018 22:36

I believe most of these issues have been fixed now for the next update.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information