Trailer & Company Pack Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
martusso
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2018 12:37

;) faroër is coming

NLS57

05 Jan 2018 14:26

loupdargent wrote:
03 Jan 2018 14:51

Thank you very much, i'm happy to know we'll have real french companies.

If that can help you, CMA-CGM is one group
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMA_CGM
and it means "Compagnie Maritime d'Affrètement" / "Compagnie Générale Maritime"
It's not a problem if you keep CMA-CGM as a company name.

For the rest, yes "Gomme du Monde" IS "Michelin". Michelin headquarters are at Clermont-Ferrand, where in the France DLC you can see the "gomme du monde" factories, and you can transport tires from there.

About chosing a name for companies i would say :
BHB -> Total or Exxon (In France ExxonMobil is still called Esso)
Eco Gas -> ESSO or Total
So you'll have to chose, one is Total and the other is Esso

Boisserie -> Lapassade or Piskorski
I would say Lapassade because i think Piskorski only transport and deliver wood but do not exploit the forest

Globeur -> FM Logistic or Geodis
I think this one is Geodis because the "globe" and the "geode" are both spherical

Lisette Logistics -> Geodis or Transports Mazet
And Transports Mazet fits perfectly with Lisette Logistics

Huliant -> Antar or Motul
Motul of course, because Antar is part of Total for a while and "Antar oils" are not sold anymore since 2009

Nos Pasturages -> Danone or Lactalis
This one is very difficult, because both are giants of the food industry. In France, Danone is the biggest and Lactalis the second one but it is the world leader of the milk and cheese industry. So i can't really make an objective choice on this one. But if i had to chose, i would keep Danone, because it is the most popular.

Nucleon -> Areva or Électricité de France
This one is not simple too... Both Areva and EDF had developped and constructed nuclear plants. The majority of Areva's activity is centered around nuclear power, mainly the extraction, refining and enrichement of Uranium, when EDF is the main provider of electricity. EDF is the main customer of Areva, which delivers uranium to EDF, who is responsible to produce the energy in the nuclear plant, soooooooooooo... i would keep EDF for this one.

Wilnet Transport -> Nortbert Danressangle/XPO Logistics
"Norbert" and not "Nortbert", it's part of XPO Logistics now

Voitureux -> Group PSA
"Groupe"

I think the rest is okay, thanks again for your work ;)
I totally agree except ONF (I prefer Lapassade or Piskorski),

The real companies arrive for France good news :)
Thanks for your work

PM user since v2.15
Free mods for free gamers

loupdargent

05 Jan 2018 17:27

But Piskorski is a small regional group, only located around Metz, Lapassade is a bit better in term of representativeness but they got only 3 woodmills, one in the south-west, one in centre and one in the north-east...

The ONF manage 25 % of the french forests, and produce 40 % of the wood. The other 75 % of private forests is shared between 100 000 small groups. I've found nothing comparable to ONF honestly.

NLS57

05 Jan 2018 19:02

loupdargent wrote:
05 Jan 2018 17:27
But Piskorski is a small regional group, only located around Metz, Lapassade is a bit better in term of representativeness but they got only 3 woodmills, one in the south-west, one in centre and one in the north-east...

The ONF manage 25 % of the french forests, and produce 40 % of the wood. The other 75 % of private forests is shared between 100 000 small groups. I've found nothing comparable to ONF honestly.
Effectively https://www.verif.com/Hit-parade/01-CA/ ... forestiere (Ranking of the largest companies in the Forestry and logging sector)

PM user since v2.15

JESAN
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2018 21:19

HI all and best wishes for 2018

The ONF manages forests but they're not involved into logging, hauling or wood processing : they 're only subcontracting logging afaik but I could be wrong ;)

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2018 22:19

I'm starting to wrap up my adaptions to the current content of the TCP. Today, I finished the Willig fuel tanker trailer that SCS introduced to ETS2 in patch 1.28.
First, some screenshots of the Schwarz Mueller food cistern trailers that I finished the other day:
Image Image Image
I made copies of the existing food cistern textures, give them new names, and moved some elements around to make the textures fit the SM food cistern trailers.
In many cases, I had to add logos/text to the rear portion of the skin textures so the trailers would not just plain colors.
Unlike the default food cistern model, the side panel portions of the textures are not used, only the end panel portion is used.

Some screenshots of today's Willig tanker trailer adaptations:
Image Image
Image Image
New textures for the Willig trailer also needed to be made to fit the UV mappings of the trailer model.
Unfortunately for the Waberer's skin, I cannot make the skin's dark blue stripe wrap all the way around.
The end closest to the truck is mapped to a tiny corner of the texture itself (and I'm not going to make a special model just for one company's skin).

Last item on my list is to get the profiliner double trailer model and its smaller proficarrier trailer model adapted to match the skins provided by the TCP replacement version.
This pair of trailers is going to take a little more work due to the fact the proficarrier trailer only uses a portion of the side panels from the profiliner trailer skins.

mateush05

05 Jan 2018 22:39

Nice :)
Junior beta-tester 21.06.2018 - 02.2022

NLS57

06 Jan 2018 00:25

JESAN wrote:

The ONF manages forests but they're not involved into logging, hauling or wood processing : they 're only subcontracting logging afaik but I could be wrong ;)
not easy :? I thought about this company "Alliance Forêts Bois" but it does not cover all the french territory :roll:

best wishes too ;)

PM user since v2.15

loupdargent

06 Jan 2018 01:51

JESAN wrote:

Yes, you are right, they are subcontracting, but to be true there isn't any big logging firm in France. If we take Alliance Forêts Bois, it's an cooperation between many private firms, so at the end, subcontracting or cooperation, it's not one lone group that is responsible of the business.

So we can chose a small local independent firm that will not be representative, with a difficult choice because they are thousands. Or we can chose the ONF or why not Alliance Forêts Bois, because they are the same caliber than Danone, Total, Geodis, PSA, EDF, Rhodia...etc

muerteh 650
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2018 09:20

Thanks KrysEmlyn :)
Maps ETS 2: ProMods+ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on +RusMap+The Great Steppe
Truck ETS 2: DAF XF 105 Weeda

Map ATS : ProMods ATS (coming)
Truck ATS: Peterbilt 389 RedBlack

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information