Development on version 2.x (Barents Sea Extension)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Gazer75
Donation rank:

02 Jul 2017 01:03

I've been looking at the map and distances for Finnmark and if time and motivation permits there should be space for some more towns/villages?
So these are suggestions only.

If you do county road 98 there is Mehamn about 60-70km(straight line) north of where this road runs.

The Varanger fjord should be wide enough to create E75 to Vadsø and Vardø?

North on the Varanger peninsula is also the villages of Berlevåg and Båtsfjord.
They are only around 35km apart so both might not fit.
Båtsfjord is however around 60km away from anything else like Vadsø and Vardø.

Karasjok might already be in 2.2, if not I think there should be space for a small village with a couple of companies?

Kautokeino and the national roads 92 from Karasjok, and 93 from Alta.
93 could continue into Finland and connect with a future E8. Would give more options for shorter runs in the north that way maybe?
It is about 400km or so from Kautokeino to Tornio.

The coastal villages of Mehamn, Berlevåg and Båtsfjord would be quite similar to what has been done with Iceland and its villages.

liam1274
Donation rank:

02 Jul 2017 14:59

Further to what Gazer said, given that the extension plans to go as south as Bodø, the island archipelago of which Vesterålen is part of should be considered as it has much potential... the town Narvik is also worth considering too, as it is big enough to be an ETS town. Thanks!
Good day fellow truckers! I speak EN, NO, ES, FR, SV and a little IS.

Devilagent
Donation rank:

02 Jul 2017 16:57

If you want the feeling of remote driving and long distances, adding new towns will not help. So I hope those extra towns or villages will be left out..keep it simple :D

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

02 Jul 2017 17:54

liam1274 wrote:
Further to what Gazer said, given that the extension plans to go as south as Bodø, the island archipelago of which Vesterålen is part of should be considered as it has much potential... the town Narvik is also worth considering too, as it is big enough to be an ETS town. Thanks!
Well, the idea is pretty nice, but after all its up to ajungrei and of course time. Because, that's what it takes: time, lots of it. Im quite sure Narvik will be built, even if he didn't include it yet in planned cities on page one, its just too much an important city to miss it.

I'd also love to see Å i Lofoten in the game some day and given ajungrei's considerable speed in building at least in my view, even such a complex mountainous terrain like the one northern Norway offers, I'm quite excited for the future of this area.

Let's just first of all start the 2.20 hype :roll:
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

Adan

04 Jul 2017 11:08

Those areas are my favourites from all over ProMods. Looking forward for updates :D

LegendMeadow
Donation rank:

04 Jul 2017 16:02

liam1274 wrote:
Will you be looking at Steigen, my home municipality? :o

Noah_Lukas

04 Jul 2017 16:53

You will see it when they are working there because that place is still far away from where they are working at the moment ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Reyes9
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2017 09:51

Well, according to the map in the first post, I see the road going straight through Narvik, so shouldn't be a problem putting that in there also for not making the road to long going from Tromsø to Bodø. A road going to the Vesterålen or the islands on the left could be a nice and tricky bonus. Either way, great job so far and looking forward to 2.20 with Honningsvåg and Nordkapp.

Gazer75
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2017 10:38

Feedback for 2.20 after seeing Squirrel video:
Please remove the remnants of the toll point near Northcape tunnel. That thing has not been there for years. The toll collection ended in 2012 and I believe the whole thing was removed within a year.
Picture from 2014 showing the toll point removed: http://norgeibilder.no/?x=888032&y=7906 ... &planned=0

Other than that it looked very good ;)

I could swear I've seen a bridge model in ETS2 looking more like the real one in Karasjok.
If not the current model is pretty good. Just not painted green :P

Noah_Lukas

08 Jul 2017 11:45

Gazer75 wrote:
08 Jul 2017 10:38

Other than that it looked very good ;)

It doesn't look only good, it looks ... perfect :cry:
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information