Development on version 2.x (Trailer and Company Pack)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Ridianod

01 Jan 2016 15:01

Hi. Thanks for affort. I'm using Real Company Logo mod so this cargo pack's some part include in promods v2.0 ? If it is, I will disable real company logo mod. Thanks

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

02 Jan 2016 11:49

Nothing of substance is in ProMods v2.0 yet, so you can keep using that mod ;).

Wysedom

02 Jan 2016 13:41

A couple of questions about the companies:

Does the image in the first post show to final corresponding changes? If so, I find it a bit weird that some of the companies don't change to the ones they clearly seem to be based off (FCP and DHL, LKW and LKW Walter, and BCP and TNT in particular).

Secondly, will you also include the Scandinavian companies, seeing as the Scandinavian DLC is necessary anyway?

LoaderSaints

03 Jan 2016 16:22

Ridianod wrote:I'm using Real Company Logo mod so this cargo pack's some part include in promods v2.0 ? If it is, I will disable real company logo mod.
Well, to be exact, a tiny part of my work is actually included in the ProMods 2.0 map package in the form of IKEA logos. :P
Wysedom wrote:A couple of questions about the companies:

Does the image in the first post show to final corresponding changes? If so, I find it a bit weird that some of the companies don't change to the ones they clearly seem to be based off (FCP and DHL, LKW and LKW Walter, and BCP and TNT in particular).

Secondly, will you also include the Scandinavian companies, seeing as the Scandinavian DLC is necessary anyway?
The image on the first post may or may not show the final changes as some things might change during the development but any further changes to the companies are unlikely. The main reason why we have chosen the companies that we have chosen is that we've looked at the prefabs themselves and not the logos or names as those will not matter anymore after the changes as then only the prefabs will stay the same. And yes, we will also change the companies that the Scandinavia DLC has brought us. ;)

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 18:06

Yes, for example in ETS2 LKW is a logging based company, whereas in real life LKW Walter is more of a standard distribution firm.

Drive Safely

04 Jan 2016 06:04

On a second look, I can see that the companies chosen for the non-Scandinavian companies were thought out well and researched.

They're all European companies and they suit the purpose of each company in the game based on the cargo going in and out of it, as well as the appearance of the delivery point (the actual prefab itself).

The only company choice I'm not so happy with is TNT, because that is being bought by FedEx this year anyway.

What I do hope will come in this mod would be great prefab skins for the companies, not just billboard replacements. Then I would think this would make for a better company logo pack than the others.

LoaderSaints

04 Jan 2016 12:34

The reason for having TNT in our mod is due to personal preference, my personal preference to be more specific, as TNT is or was my favourite logistics company. I am well aware of TNT been acquired by FedEx but you can still see TNT trucks from time to time IRL as they haven't repainted them all yet. After all, it is just a game so we can have some artistic freedom. ;)

And about skinning the company prefabs themselves, yes that is being done for some companies and might be done for some more companies in the future as well. Here are some old screenshots of that:

Bramzel
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2016 13:53

Looking good! I'm curious for more, I'm still using the Real Company mod but I could definitely move over to your set.

Radu6301

04 Jan 2016 16:58

This is pretty interesting.Are you going to make this as a sepparate mod or it'll be included in the coming PM versions?

stummer
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2016 17:24

This will be an "add-on" for the ProMods map.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information