Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
krigl

18 Nov 2019 21:50

Here we are again, heading through the dusk to Aberdeen.

Arrival. I 'covered' Aberdeen in Heartland Journeys, so I won't post much from this great PM city.

The next day we headed out of Aberdeen to explore what I'm going to call the Fraserburgh Loop.

Outskirts of Aberdeen. Fraserburgh has only one job site, I think, so getting a job that goes there is quite difficult. And that's a real shame, because
the town is a work of art, and the countryside around is pretty decent too.

The road from Aberdeen to Fraserburgh is fine.

The road goes on for a while, then you go over a hill, and there it is

It has a really wacky Tesco.

Panorama from a distance.

Caravan park - always a good sign that some quality PM scenery is lurking nearby.

Historic building in the centre.

Fishing boats.

A fully realised fleet of big fishing boats, rust and all...

Picked up a load at Fraserburgh to take to Broadford on the Isle of Skye.

The High Street.

Residential area.

A bit of local industry.

Heading out of town. Fraserburgh was a great fishing town, a pleasure to visit.

Heading along the northern part of the Loop.

Great feeling of realism along this route.

We eventually rejoined a previously travelled road and made tracks for Inverness. Here we are just leaving Keith.

One minute it was bright and sunny, the next it was tipping down. That's Scotland for you. Here we are arriving in Inverness in the pouring rain. That's it for today - next time we visit the Western Isles.

Henri
Last edited by krigl on 15 Mar 2020 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

Sam!

19 Nov 2019 07:55

Hello Henri, I hope it's okay for them to call you that. If I'm not offered that, I don't actually do it. Old thinking, perhaps.

Again top shots that I like. What I also like is the comments between the recordings. I can't do that with the comments. And then there's the translator...
I try to express it with the Pictures. As far as possible.
My English is exclusively from the Translator

Klad50

21 Feb 2020 21:40

Great photos, and enjoyed reading the accompanying story.

krigl

14 Mar 2020 22:53

Thanks for the comments, people!

As is typical with me, I got sidetracked from trucking again. Sorry about that... First I was busy getting Skyrim special edition up and running with 237 mods and then I started playing the Battletech PC game.

Right now I have several sets from Scotland to post, so I'll get on with that, I guess.

Here we are passing Loch Ness in the rain en route to Broadford on the Isle of Skye.

Ran over some long, black thing just after taking this shot. It made a tremendous bang. Checked all round the truck and damage was minimal, though, so we continued on our way. What we hit was nowhere to be seen. Spooky.

Crossing over to the Isle of Skye.

Weather cleared up on the way to Broadford on Skye.

Here's Broadford.

Cargo dropped off, we made our way to Portree for a new job.

The Western Isles are very picturesque.

Change of employer, change of cab - the Premium isn't my kind of truck, but it's a Renault and the pay was good so I took the job.

I was asked to drive this cab to its home base of Stornoway via Uig and Tarbert, and there pick up a container full of jellied eels.

Loving the countryside in this part of the world.

The port of Uig up ahead.

Uig.

The ferry to Tarbert on Lewis and Harris.

Tarbert.

Outside Tarbert we passed this nice but impassable road.

Driving from Tarbert to Stornoway.

To be continued... soon, I hope : )

TheNuvolari

15 Mar 2020 09:30

Ah I see you're working for D. R. Macelod too! :D

krigl

15 Mar 2020 21:56

TheNuvolari wrote:
15 Mar 2020 09:30
Ah I see you're working for D. R. Macelod too! :D
Och aye!

Continuing the journey to Stornoway.

Arrival. Where are those eels, then?

Got 'em! Just look at those tanks, all full of jelly, with eels thrashing through them.

We're going to take the ferry to Ullapool.

I toy with the idea of releasing the eels into the sea, but the sad truth is they can't survive without the jelly.

Arrival in Ullapool.

Another balmy Scottish seaside location.

Heading south back towards more familiar territory - Inverness, Perth and Glasgow, before making the final push and finishing this tour of the British Isles off once and for all.

Nearing Inverness.

Here we are...

Off to fire up Eurotrucks for the first time in 4 months. Forgotten how to bring up the free camera and teleport again. Damn.
Well, wish me luck.

Henri out.

krigl

16 Mar 2020 22:44

Last set which I made in November...

Well. So this is Inverness.

Heading south towards Perth.

Passing Perth, destination Glasgow. The eels 'll sell like hot cakes there.

Back in Glasgow.

The tank was getting low, and I have a morbid fear of petrol stations, so I changed companies again to work for Robsons of Spalding, Ltd.

An external fuel tank fell off a Chris Foss paperback cover spaceship just outside Glasgow and we were given the task of taking it to the Cosmic Museum in Fort William. So here we are.

Incredibly, another tank was found. It's on its way to Liverpool, from whence it will be shipped to the USA for display at the Smithsonian.

Taking a different route to Fort William than last time.

A familiar scene, though.

Fort William. Wonder if they've got a job for me.

Evidently yes, though I can't remember what we carried. Bricks? Fireworks? Komodo dragon spleens? Hard to say. Anyway, the destination was Ullapool.

Okay, got it. Those rotating things that go at the front of combine harvesters. Headers, yeah. Or grain platforms. Thanks Auntie Wiki.

More idyllic Scottish countryside.

Isn't this where William Wallace yelled 'They'll never take our freedom' and then set about some glorious kicking of English derrieres?
Or was it in Highlander, when someone cut off some immortal guy's head and the cathedral windows exploded. Or wasn't that in Shrek?
Well, picturesque anyway.

Just a couple more Scottish sets to go now...

Henri

krigl

20 Mar 2020 14:24

Just two sets left in the British Isles, and the first taken fresh since November 2019.

Still carrying those combine headers, destination Ullapool through great Promods renditions of Scottish landscapes.

A moment of inattention cost me dearly.

Dropped off the cargo in Ullapool and headed for Tesco's to pick up something new. ATS was on sale.

Carrying provisions east and northwards along the coast to Wick.

After a beautiful drive Wick appeared on the horizon.

Here it is.

Country cottage nearby.

Backtracked a little to pick up a penultimate cargo for Birsay on the Orkney Islands.

Green jobsite.

Some kind of portable substation or transformer or whatever, a nice cargo.

Last set soon...

Henri

krigl

21 Mar 2020 22:31

It's bonjour from Henri in Scotland for the last time. I'll hopefully be back in the next thread, exploring my native France and Spain. Here's one last, short trip before I head back home.

We had to pull this majestic substation via Wick and Thurso to the Orkney Islands.

I suspect this should have been an Oversize Load/Convoi Exceptionnel type of gig, but hey, we managed.

Probably we should have taken the road to Thurso that DOESN'T go right through Wick, but I wanted to drive along the coast as such chances are rare.

This is a man who knows the terror of being pursued by a doppleganger.

Heading from Wick to Thurso.

The port of Thurso, and the ferry to Stromness on Orkney.

Arrival in Stromness.

Off we go on the short trip to Birsay.

Here we are already. Why this place needs this huge blue box is a question, but in this job you soon learn to keep your mouth shut, cuz asking questions is the best way to earn a one way ticket to the bottom of the Bay in a nice pair of brand new concrete slippers.
Oh wait, that was my last job.

As luck would have it, they had something there for us to take back to the mainland. On the way out we passed this guy who's not afraid to dream big, practicing for his first ever appearance at the corner in Hyde Park.

Took in the rest of Orkney (well, the main island) before heading back to Wick. This is the view from Evie to Kirkwall.

Kirkwall.

Kirkwall Airport was hosting the pride of the modern Australian Airforce in Gloster Meteors.

Roast Beef! Well, latently anyhow.

A last glimpse of idyllic Scottish scenery...

And back to Stromness. Time to leave Scotland behind now. It's been a really long haul getting through all the great original ProMods parts of the British Isles, partly because of the larger scale, but enjoyable. The crazy thing is, it still isn't everything! For the full BI experience, partly with PM, partly without, check out my older sets from the previous thread Heartland Journeys...

Part 1, halfway down the page: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 5&start=10

Part 2, near the bottom of the page: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 5&start=50

Part 3, near the bottom of the page: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 5&start=90

Going through all the sets from these old posts and the new ones, I have to say there's a lot of variety in the British Isles - especially if you use Grimes' s season packs. I can well imagine the SCS+ProMods version working as a standalone game. It's been great.

The next post will be from the USA once again, so it's time for me to bid you "adieu"...

Henri

krigl

24 Mar 2020 22:39

Well, hi there... nice to be back in the USA. This time for a shortish tour of North California. Relatively short, compared to the last mammoth tour of the British Isles, anyway.

Today we're going to start in Winnemucca, Nevada and head up to Lakeview just over the border in Oregon, spend the night there and then down through a small patch of NE California before dipping back into Nevada and getting a nice hotel room in the city of Reno.

Leaving Winnemucca's Walmart in a Volvo VNL. The trailer looks a little wierd. Seems to me that my graphics card has a problem with some trailers in ATS right now. Perhaps a driver update is needed? Or my card's just old (4 years or so). Hmmm....

Hot and dusty work out here.

Heading NW towards the Oregon border and Lakeview.

Stopped off here for a very welcome iced coffee.

Off again, with renewed vigour.

Quite a green-looking rest stop. Resisted temptation and pressed on to Lakeview.

Spectacular scenery on the way.

Arrived in Oregon at the small town of Adel.

Lakeview. Not sure if this is a geyser, a fountain, a plume of recently struck oil...

Swapped rides with an employee. Not a major fan of the VNL's looks, but seems okay here.

Picked up a cistern trailer at a large gravel mine (or something like that) in Lakeview. We'll take this south to Reno.

Passed a big lake as the sun slowly struggled above the horizon.

First town in N California we've seen - Alturas.

The cherry trees were in bloom, nice.

Californian countryside - before we head back to Nevada.

The irrigation equipment actually moves, didn't realise that till I got up close.

Is overloading trailers some kind of statewide sport round here?

Heading for Reno now.

Home stretch - 3 lanes wide.

Here's dusty Reno.

Dropped off the cargo and checked in at the Ramada. Felt like a bit of comfort.

See ya for now, Dan

Return to “Share the love”

• Information