Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
Sam!

22 Sep 2019 14:38

"but that's a pretty feeble reason not to drive in ATS"

It may be that this is a minor reason not to drive ATS. But for me, it's crucial enough.
I know that ATS is graphically great, see from the pictures.
Nevertheless, I have made such this decision and prefer to invest in ETS2.
There I drive the Promods Map, it's okay and I feel comfortable with it. :)
My English is exclusively from the Translator

krigl

23 Sep 2019 20:25

Sam! wrote:
22 Sep 2019 14:38
"but that's a pretty feeble reason not to drive in ATS"

It may be that this is a minor reason not to drive ATS. But for me, it's crucial enough.
I know that ATS is graphically great, see from the pictures.
Nevertheless, I have made such this decision and prefer to invest in ETS2.
There I drive the Promods Map, it's okay and I feel comfortable with it. :)
Sure... the most important thing is to have fun. And ETS2 with ProMods is truly vast, takes a long time to explore it all :D

krigl

23 Sep 2019 20:48

Today here are a few shots from various small trips from Bakersfield up to Sacramento and back down to Fresno.

Early start.

On the road up to Fresno with a cargo for Oakdale.

Fresno to Oakdale.

Rural scenery near Oakdale.

After delivering the cargo at one agricultural depot place I decided to check out the town of Oakdale, so continued along the road.

And here we are turning round after discovering that the delivery point and garage we'd just encountered WAS Oakdale. Don't want to
go to Nevada again, will leave this road till we do North California after visiting the British Isles.

Decided to go to Sacramento to pick up a cargo. This is Stockton, which is on the way.

In Sacramento.

Heading a different way back to Fresno.

Nearing Stockton.

Bridge at Stockton.

Now racing the sun from Stockton to Fresno.

Tons of side roads in this part of the world, many without any clear purpose. Often they are more interesting than the highways.

Lost the race with the sun.

Drinking coke to stay awake.

Another early morning, this time in Fresno. Time to take one last ride in this truck, to Oakdale and then Oakland.

Fantastic dawn atmosphere.

After dropping off the cargo in Oakdale we struck out west to Oakland, where I sold the Viper 389 and bought.... an Outlaw 389.

The Outlaw 389 mod is a little hard to get hold of. It's (as far as I can work out) a reworking/extension/improvement of the Viper 389, and you can only get it by joining a facebook group. The owner says it should work with the latest ATS version, but mine doesn't, so I've had to downgrade ATS to an earlier version for this truck to be usable.

The author has also shut down the facebook site which I joined a few months ago and opened a new one, which I'll have to apply to join again... not sure I want to jump through so many hoops to be honest. Great mod though!

Heading to Fresno one last time, on an as yet untravelled road.

That's it for now... cheers!

Dan

Sam!

24 Sep 2019 07:02

Impeccable shots, situation captured and expressed. Thank you for that. :)

„And ETS2 with ProMods is truly vast, takes a long time to explore it all“

That's right. I have reached 7% and still have a lot to drive

krigl

28 Sep 2019 21:31

Back again in Fresno, we're half way through this seven-set showcase of central California.

Dan's driving the Outlaw 379, lookin' mighty fine.

Picked up a cistern trailer and began heading Huron way.

SCS did well to make California their first state. It has more scenic variety than any existing state or country in ATS or ETS2. An amazing location.

From deserts to lush farmland, cactus-strewn badlands to orange groves and vineyards to pine forests and palm trees, mountains and canyons, rivers and lakes, beaches and wide ocean views, nondescript small towns and impressive cities, churches, skateparks and skyscrapers... California has it all, as they say.

Had to stop at the weigh station south of Huron.

This set gives a glimpse of some of that variety. On a side road heading west to Santa Maria.

Sea view north of Santa Maria.

Arriving in not overly thrilling Santa Maria. Now where's that gas station.

Left the whole trailer there, that should give them something to sell for a while.

Next morning, heading off in search of a new load to pull up to San Francisco. It was at this point that I realised my worsening eyesight had betrayed me again - the lights are not symmetrical. How embarrassing. Not only that, but the wheels and rims are ill matched. For heaven's sake! Must be more careful...

Silage for Huron.

Moving up north.

Another spectacular side road.

Suddenly, a pine forest lay before us.

An artificial forest of windmills near Huron.

Delivery complete, time to find something else and take it to San Francisco.

Joining the highway to SF.

We've reached the outskirts of SF, and that's enough for the day...

Cheers!

Dan

krigl

04 Oct 2019 21:54

Back for a fifth set.... first, finishing off the haul to San Francisco.

Stopped for a rest and a look at the view. Then we headed for the local truck tune-up shop to convert this rig into the main reason why people jump through those hoops to get their hands on an Outlaw 359...

That grille! Those fenders! It's... THE PHANTOM. Looks like something ZZ Top would drive.

Took The Phantom for a drive through half of San Francisco.

Thought about what names I could retroactively give to the previous 359s I've been driving.

The first definitely had a Prohibition-era feel to it, so how about Bugsy? The one with the cow horns besieged by zombies - The Survivalist.
The blue one... erm... Thomas?

Picked up a load to take to where else but Bakersfield and set off in fine style. Once again my eyes betrayed me and I messed something up with the rig, but it's not too noticeable, I hope.

Took the coastal route down towards Santa Cruz.

Didn't stay on it for too long though. We cut through the green countryside along a delightfully narrow and twisty road towards Huron.

To make up for having to drive in 1.34 (The Phantom refuses to work for me in 1.35) without Skye's helpful (and occasionally comical) navigation I picked up a hitchhiker just outside Mos Eisley.

Back in familiar territory.

Got very dark as we headed into Bakersfield.

Hands up who really believes I parked that there...

2 more sets to go. Got ProMods up and running in ETS2, version 1.35. Looking forward to touring the British Isles, but first we'll take a closer look at the coastal highway in mid-California.

Cheers

Dan

Sam!

05 Oct 2019 15:05

Thanks for the pictures.

krigl

06 Oct 2019 20:32

Set six out of seven from mid-California sees us taking the coastal highway up from Santa Maria to Santa Cruz.

Got a new paintjob and changed a few things around on the rig.

Then we picked up a few tons of white gold and headed north.

Mmmm, Coevo Silver, my favourite tipple. It's smoothless is indeed legendary! Pulled in at a liquor store to get a bottle for tonight - staying at a friend's pad in Santa Cruz.

Coastal scenery here we go!

Nice beachfront resort.

Clouding over, getting later. It's quite a long stretch, especially when you keep stopping every 20 seconds to take pictures. Which is the only way to do it.

After The Phantom and the other named beasts from this thread, I've decided to call this one Banana-With-Measles.

Night is drawing in.

Stopped off to watch the sunset.

My friend phoned to ask where the hell his liquor was, so we got under way.

Santa Cruz's Beach Boardwalk is all lit up, music booming out across the bay.

Delivered our cargo.

Parking up Banana-With-Measles nearby my friend's place, our light and sound show competing well with the Boardwalk's. Then I picked up some chocs for my friends missus and off I went in search of some cheery company, looking forward to the great smoothless taste of Coevo Silver.

My friend and his wife are loaded so I spent the night in luxury for once. Could have done without his 3 Afghan hounds licking my face in the morning though.

Santa Cruz is pretty nice. Took the truck for one final makeover before heading up to San Francisco and Sacramento... next time.

Cheers

Dan

krigl

12 Oct 2019 22:49

Back again for a final set from central California.

Waking up at my friend's place in Santa Cruz, my head was anything but smoothless I can tell you. Bleary eyes... just look at those clouds.

Santa Cruz is due for an SCS makeover when the new update comes out. And DX11 only from now on, crikey.
I'm going to have to make a new profile just for this Outlaw truck just in case I want to drive it again someday and
they don't let me into their elite new Facebook community.

One last makeover. This baby's got an entire bachelor pad / man cave strapped on the back.

Just a little coastal bit north of Santa Cruz while on the way to pick up something or other to haul to Sacramento.

Painted cars, unpainted cars or rusty old crushed cars? I'll go with crushed.

San Francisco, here we come, to see the gentle people with flowers in their hair, and high paying professional careers.

Hi there! Just hop on the back if you like, there's room.

Last time we went through the downtown area, now we'll take the suburban route.

With that armoured living room on the back and twin gatling guns for pipes, this thing has quite a presence. I'm calling it The Apocalypse Device.

The gats are for shooting down Draconis Combine dropships from high orbit before they can land their lances of mechs.

Hopefully that won't be necessary today, I've got some crushed cars to deliver. Heading out of town for the Golden Gate bridge.

And there it is! So iconic!

Toll-booths I guess, but nobody tried to stop us from cruising through without paying, cha-ha!

The visibility in this mech-busting juggernaut leaves a lot to be desired, but it's all good. The bridge is up ahead, and what a bridge it is!!

Wow... that was really something.

Wow. Yeah, think I'll crack open another coke.

North and eastwards on the way to San Rafael.

Just passing through SR today.

They could make a whole funky 70s TV series around that car.

Sun's going down, time for the light show.

And time for Dan to say goodbye. Hope to fit one more American tour into this thread - North California in
DX11 and the Volvo VNL. But first we need to head back across the pond to good ol' Blighty and then,
if things go well, southern Scandinavia and the rest of the Baltic area.

Cheers guys!

Dan
Last edited by krigl on 15 Oct 2019 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

krigl

15 Oct 2019 22:12

A bit busy to post at the moment, but here's a short 'trailer' for the next tour - the British Isles...

Picking up the cargo at Europoort, Rotterdam.

I know what you're thinking...

"...that trailer looks normal size to me."

Ha, ha,... ha. Henri's off to get the ferry to Harwich.

Happy trucking, all...

Return to “Share the love”

• Information