Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
krigl

13 Feb 2019 21:16

Ranach wrote:
12 Feb 2019 12:15
What weather or graphics mod do you use in ATS. This blue sky with clouds looks great.
Hi there! That'll be Piva's weather mod. It's pretty good, though there is one set (at least) which is horribly blurry. Not sure what went wrong there. You can see it in the first shot above. But it's worth putting up with as the rest of the skies are great!

krigl

13 Feb 2019 22:08

Hey... second part of this set from south-east Arizona. ProMods remaining incompatible with SCS's newest product for the forseeable future is at least giving me a chance to see more of vanilla ATS...

Here we are continuing our journey north-east of Phoenix towards Show Low. It's been a spectacular drive.

These gentlemen are enjoying the view and a bit of bike-related banter. Would be cool if they looked like Hell's Angels but you can't have everything.

Back in greener climes as we near Show Low.

Finally. At the town that was Named By The Turn Of A Card. Yeah, I can use Wikipedia as good as the next guy.

Leaving Show Low, we headed further north towards Holbrook, the Town That Time Forgot.

Arriving in Holbrook, we noticed that something wasn't right with this town. It was infested with extremely agile, green, pygmy diplodocuses.

Just down the road, a giant vegetal elephant threatened terrified road users. Being herbivorous could be a problem among members of its species.

More diplodocuses, and a monument erected in honour of pistol-packing local hero Dryden Adams, who rides out every 4th of July for the ritual dinosaur cull
and does donuts all around town while Miss Lucy on the back blasts the prehistoric vermin with a shotgun.

Show Low? Wow How! Bow Wow? Racks, yeah.

Sadly, we had to leave the bizarre town of Holbrook behind us and head for Gallup just over the border in New Mexico. One last shot from that trip, then.

The next week found us back in Phoenix, and this time I'm driving. This old Peterbilt looks decent, though I think I prefer Kenworth. We've got another heavy job lined up.

Here we go....

Picked this mammoth.... thing... up from Sky Harbour Airport. Nice old bird outside. DC3 by the looks of it.

Up onto the freeway. We're going south to Sierra Vista close to the Mexican border.

2nd oversize job in ATS and so far it seems a lot easier to do the tasks than in Europe. Nothing to it really. But perhaps there will be some surprises in store somewhere down the line...

We had a rare spot of rain on the way.

Got to keep on mooving.

Passing Tucson.

Hope these are not diplodocuses in horse's clothing.

Coming off the freeway onto a smaller road leading to Sierra Vista. Wait. What is that green thing I spy down there?

I knew it!! It was a mild winter this year, now the darn things are everywhere.

The next day we picked up some loose rubble or something at Sierra Vista to take it for one last short hop to Nogales.

Sierra Vista is quite a nice residential town, with a titanic mall. That swimming pool sure looks tempting...

Heading south again after passing Tucson,.

Nogales, down Mexico way. Palm trees, malls, walls...

And back north once more. Off to Tucson to get the flags and Oversize Load sign removed. Got to find a garage to do that - no way I'm taking them off myself.

Next sets - back in the Baltics...

Cheers, Dan

krigl

14 Feb 2019 21:24

It's Milan time again... and this time we're travelling south from Klaipeda in Lithuania through SCS's rather nice rendition of Kaliningrad oblast and finishing up in vanilla Gdansk.

It's the new MAN again with a fancy paint scheme that came with it.

Local train thundering by.

Off we go with this yellow monster. Looking forward to seeing what SCS did with Kaliningrad. The ProMods version is a really nice piece of work, as I tried to show earlier in this thread.

There's a bit of Lithuania to get through first, though.

Well, we've reached the border at Panemune.

Crossing the Neman river via the Queen Louise Bridge. At a snail's pace. For a moment, real life creeps into ETS2.

Rossiya lies ahead.

Entering the border town of Sovetsk.

Queuing at the border. Then I drove to a garage and fell asleep wondering what this new region would be like...

Driving south, we found ourselves in Novokolkhoznoye. Just look at that. Beautiful. Hats off to whoever put this place together.

The detail on that is amazing. Wouldn't look out of place in some AAA title.

And check this out - the designer even bothered to put some broken down piping and weeds on top of the tower. That's what I call a labour of love.

Wow... Such a pretty place.

Further on down the road was another scenery town, a bit less picturesque but still detailed and attractive.

They drill for oil here?? OK...

Passing Kaliningrad on the way to the Polish border.

the river seems unusually blue but it's a nice vista all the same.

Power station with great vegetation all around.

Good Soviet indusrial feel to this area.

Wonder what happened here. War? Incompetence? Funds ran out? Nice detail, anyway.

After a while we reached the border.

Again the DLC extends a little way into Poland...

...but eventually we're back in vanillaland. Hello sunflowers!

Gdansk from unmodded Going East. Dg the custom buildings and pylons.

The job ends here... next set takes us north again to explore mainly Kaliningrad oblast some more...

Cheers!

Milan

krigl

15 Feb 2019 21:21

A new job sees us heading from Olsztyn in Poland up into Kaliningrad oblast, through that to the east and then up north via Vilnius and Utena to Daugavpils.
It was a premium quality route, really enjoyable. Hope the shots do it justice.

Russia is sorely in need of rusty pipes from Poland... yeah, that's how the EU works.
'Cept Russia's not in the EU, right. Well, anyway, and so we set off from Olsztyn in default Going East Poland on a lovely sunny day. Olsztyn has some nice churches, wish I'd taken a photo...

Going East looking pretty nice here. Approaching the spot where the new DLC kicks in.

Here we are.

Luxusní new rig...

Back at the border.

First delivery of the day almost complete.

Went to check out Kaliningrad's port.

You can't visit the city centre in the DLC. Wonder if there's any space to put Promods' great version back? Tough call for Promods, this area's really nicely done. Not sure I'd want to see it deleted.

New job - Kaliningrad - Kaliningrad.

Out in the countryside, we find some more lovely village scenery.

Delivery made to a large agricultural complex.

Picked up some tractors there. Look pretty new, but with muddy wheels. Selling them on to a buyer in Latvia.

The Lithuanian border at the eastern end of Kaliningrad oblast.

The Lithuanian side. Now we're heading towards Vilnius.

Nice church. There was a cemetary over the road. Very gloomy.

Look at the detailing on that house. SCS has come so far. ProMods work magic with SCS's assets... can't wait to see what they do with all this new stuff.

Passing through an industrial part of Vilnius.

This is Utena. Just passing through.

North of Utena, approaching the border with Latvia. Daugavpils lies just beyond.

To be continued... ahoj.

krigl

21 Feb 2019 21:30

Ahoj there... one more set from Lithuania coming up : )
A bit of a mixed bag this time, and we made a short hop into Latvia too.

Driving from Klaipeda to Mazeikiai.

Big power plant/refinery (?) at Mazeikiai.

Conveying oil from Mazeikiai through Siauliai.

Heading for Kaunas.

Passing Panevezys... I think. Wasn't much of interest in that town, if I rememeber correctly.

Kaunas.

Starting a short job in Utena.

Utena...

Utena is pretty cool...

This is Vidiskai, a nice scenery town on the way from Utena to Panevezys.

Bit of an Assassin's Creed Oranges feel to it.

Last one from Vidiskai.

Most scenic bit of Panevezys.

Heading north towards Riga in Latvia. Not sure about this "Raven" paintjob. What's the deal with it anyway? Guess I must
have got it as part of a bundle. Not sure if I like it or not.

That famous dam near Riga.

At this point it starts to look more like northern Europe and less like central/eastern Europe.

What a coincidence, it says Rig and I'm driving... wait. A coincidence and deja vu at the same time?
Riga's still got that Warsaw Pact feel to it, though. A pretty nice city, we'll visit again, no doubt.

We've got trams like this in my home town in the Czech Republic, except they're red and white.

Cows! On the way back from Latvia.

Getting dark...

Sunset in Klaipeda.

For the next sets Dan will be finishing off Arizona....

Thanks for watching!!

EdgeGladiator

22 Feb 2019 09:26

nice pics :)
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

krigl

23 Feb 2019 22:51

EdgeGladiator wrote:
22 Feb 2019 09:26
nice pics :)
Thanks!!! : )

krigl

23 Feb 2019 23:28

Back for a couple or three of final sets from Arizona, Dan's in Tucson to see what the city has to offer.

Trainspotting.

Industry.

Entertainment.

Went to the charming local staff hire place early in the morning and met this guy. I was going there to hire, he wanted to get hired.
So we fell to talking while waiting for them to open. Said his name was Jojo and that he just returned from Calfornia. Felt he had to get back,
get back to where he once belonged.

Well, I asked him the usual questions - can he teleport to any city on the map immediately, is he able to drive
the cheapest weakest truck in existence while miraculously hauling 50 ton loads, would he kindly refrain from returning to base
empty too often and charging me for the gas, etc. Then I hired him, bought him a new truck and accompanied him
on his first haul to Yuma.

The bridge on the approach to Yuma affords fine views over the city.

He did good, so I sent him back with the truck to Phoenix and went and bought myself another truck for another short but nice trip - Yuma to Kingman via Ehrenburg.

Setting off from Yuma.

North of Yuma the scenery's real nice. Look.... they have sunflowers in ATS too.

In America, everything's big. Even record players.

Still en route to Ehrenburg.

Yep, it's another of those newfangled trucks that look like an orange juicer.

With artillery, with artillery, with artillery, with artillery, with artillery, with artillery, with artillery, with a rat tat tat tat ta...

One of the things that stopped me buying ATS for so long was the idea that it's going to be repetitive, there's just desert.
But SCS have really tried with this game. There is a lot of desert in this region, yes, but it varies a lot. A lot more than the vanilla
ETS2 map, that's for sure. Cities are different from each other too. At the very least it's a nice change from Eurotruck.

Nearing Ehrenburg. Wasn't much there, just a couple of delivery points. But this trailer park we met just before getting there
is rather impressive in scale.

Heading NE from Ehrenburg towards Kingman, it's desert again. And again it's different, love the cacti.

Interesting highway repair truck.

We've reached Kingman, the Heart of Historic Route 66.

That's what I said.

That's all for today... cheers!

krigl

28 Feb 2019 21:50

Hi there... back again for a penultimate but spectacular trip in Arizona...

A series of jobs led to us being back at the Grand Canyon Village again. Took in the sunrise before setting off for the next haul.

Heading for the pickup point.

It was at the local airfield, which is a cutting edge facility. Picturesque!

Drone getting some air under the wheels.

Stopped off here for breakfast. Man... can you smell those onions?

Passed through Flagstaff.

Headed for Holbrook. Look! It's that wierd road maintenance trailer thingy!

Dodged the dinosaurs in Holbrook by taking a back road past the used car lot.

Reminds me of watching Cars with the kids.

Idyllic local lake.

Another drone... getting a bit of an English Patient vibe about this trip.

Now moving south towards Clifton - yet another interesting route.

Saw this guy at a rest stop with his Pear phone - a modern day style icon.

Horse country.

Panoramas over wooded hills.

So SCS did put some landscape exploitation in after all.

Whoa.... look at that. Stopped to watch for a while.

The call of the wild... Hey, brother! ...but what's that sound of smashing glass?

Clifton is nearby. I was expecting something rundown and industrial but it's all leafy and green.

Leaving town and heading for the New Mexico border.

Right on the border we arrived at this.... wow. It's gorge-ous!

One more set to go from Arizona... thanks for taking a look!

De_Ruyter

28 Feb 2019 22:02

Nice variation of vehicles, I didn't install any cars as of yet. I tried, but can't be bothered if there are little to no customization options added. Got to have some personal touches, haha.
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

Return to “Share the love”

• Information