Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
krigl

21 Oct 2018 22:40

Hi there... after spending 2017-18 touring the base map of ETS 2 with ProMods 2.25 in the thread entitled Heartland Journeys

here: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 43#p193043

I'm continuing my explorations with an all new screenshot thread in which I hope to visit all the far-flung corners of the ETS2 game and beyond. Pretty much like everyone else posting in here, really. :)

To keep my mind busy, provide a reason to visit various places, a human dimension and something to write under the shots, I am imagining being in the shoes of various individuals... sounds embarrassingly lame? Maybe, but....er... whatever, really. :D 8-) :lol:

Thanks to all the developers and modders for making this awesome relaxing game what it has and shall become...

As for the screenshots - hope someone likes them... :)

Part 1... Anni

Every thread has to start somewhere, and in the case of this one it's Odense, on the island of Fyn (Funen) Denmark, which is just waking up. And I - Anni - am just off to work.

After finishing art college I drifted for a while before landing a job delivering gourmet groceries mainly to the Jutland peninsula, i.e. west of Odense. I drive all over in this very nice Doblo van.
Here we are crossing the Nye Lillebæltsbro (New Little Belt Bridge) over the belt (strait) between Fyn and Jutland. I cross it almost every working day.

First delivery of the day at Kolding. Living next to that sizzling substation must be great, especially for those summer barbecues.

Heading south to Padborg. Sadly not the new version - I'm waiting till after the Baltics DLC has come out and has been coped with by ProMods and Rusmap before upgrading from 1.25.

Padborg delivery.

Crossed the border into N. Germany before heading back up into Denmark. We have a village to deliver to.

Denmark is probably one of the oldest parts of the new ProMods lands, I think. Their work was then erased by SCS's Scandinavia DLC, and some of it merged back in, or more stuff added. Denmark's not a spectacular country, aside from the bridges, but it has a gentle kind of rural beauty.

The old border crossing. Back in Denmark again. OMG, I totally look like a guy in this shot.

Heading north through South Jutland - next stop Esbjerg.

Made a delivery at the Vestas wind generator plant.

And here's the port of Esbjerg.

After leaving Esbjerg: Oh look, a side road... let's explore... oh!
Well, every cloud has a silver lining... took the opportunity to sneak behind the bushes for a much-needed pee.

Just round the corner I found this rest stop with a portaloo. Typical. Probably dirtier, but fewer nettle stings is always a good thing. Oh well.

Last delivery of the day - Herning.

Getting late - got to get back to the office.

Odense... and paperwork... awaits.

Yawn... nearly there.

A Copenhagen delivery company is apparently thinking of buying us out. Hope my job's safe...

Well, until next time - Skål!
Last edited by krigl on 24 Oct 2018 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

krigl

24 Oct 2018 21:30

Back again... and the delivery company did buy us out, but I kept my job thanks to my mad skillz as a driver... and eventually they offered to pay for me to train for a HGV licence so that I could replace one of their drivers who was leaving for pastures new. Once I'd got that I started hauling goodies all over Denmark. Here are some shots from my travels.

I had to move to Copenhagen for the truck driving job. Here' are two dawn views of the industrial estate where we're based.

The inevitable early start. The truck has a lot better view than my old Doblo. Here's a trip from Copenhagen to Hirtshals at the north tip of Jutland.

Passing through a village on Zealand / Sjaelland heading in the direction of Odense.

Halsskov, paying the toll for the bridge over to Funen / Fyn.

The Great Belt Bridge. Denmark may be small but the bridges are really impressive.

Farmland on Jutland near Esbjerg.

More farmy goodness, between Esbjerg and Hostelbro.

Ditto.

Between Hostelbro and the port of Hirtshals.

We've reached Hirtshals...

More agricultural architecture near Hirtshals.

I thought I would never get used to how massive a truck is, but it happened eventually. I spent 2 years delivering goods around Denmark
and ports in neighboring countries.

Here are a couple of shots from a winter trip.

Very early in Aalborg after a night of snowfall.

We're making a short hop to Aarhus.. Danish countryside under a blanket of snow, not looking its best, so I didn't take many shots.

Arrival in Aarhus.

This was a lovely trip, from spectacular Goteborg in Sweden, carrying a large quantity of chocolate spread.

The factory gave me a ton of free samples, so all the way to our destination in Puttgarden, Germany I just sat looking out the cab at all the flowers and stuffing my face with chocolate.

After disembarking in Frederikshaven. Looks a cool place.

Heading down the motorway to Aalborg.

Aalborg is a really nice city.

Went for a quick drive around the environs of Aalborg, very picturesque...

Next set - the rest of Denmark, including Bornholm... and my first foreign posting outside Denmark.

Cheers!!

Noah_Lukas

24 Oct 2018 21:49

The dose of pictures continues :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

krigl

25 Oct 2018 21:21

Noah_Lukas wrote:
24 Oct 2018 21:49
The dose of pictures continues :D
Cheers! Getting back into it again... so much to discover! It's amazing how much more you see and appreciate the scenery when you "get out of the cab" and swoop around taking photos.

krigl

28 Oct 2018 22:07

Back again, and today we're finishing off Anni's travels in Denmark...

A last shot from the outskirts of Aalborg.

Entering Aarhus. It would be really great to meet Alvar Aalto here. Or a dentist.

It's got it's own character, I like it!

Once more back towards Odense.

Glimpsed these cool dwellings from a bridge, sent the drone to take a closer look.

Passing my old home, Odense, on the way to Puttgarden with our cargo of 25 tons of chocolate spread.

The big bridge over to Zealand. The old one.

Now heading southwards towards the island of Lolland.

Over the bridge to Lolland. Another two-part bridge. Denmark has a lot going for it in ETS 2, always something new to see.

This is Gedser. We didn't go here but it's a bit more picturesque than where we went, so I bought a couple of postcards.

Gedser.

We went past the Gedser turnoff and continued to Rødby. Not so much to see, but at least it has an ø.
Or maybe it was nice but I was busy polishing off the last of the free chocolates and forgot to take pictures, sorry.

Dropped the trailer off in Puttgarden and then got the same ferry back to Lolland.

This is Copenhagen, where my company is based.

This time they've sent me to Bornholm on a special run via Sweden.

Leaving Copenhagen behind us.

Now we're crossing the Øresund Bridge to Malmö.

Not going to tarry in Malmö, though, got another ferry to catch.

Trelleborg, a port in Sweden. From there we can leave for Bornholm.

Trelleborg again, I think.

And here we are - the quaint town of Rønne on Bornholm .Very nice!

I really liked this town, shame it was so tiny.

When I returned my employers had news for me. I've been the length and breadth of Denmark. How would I like to visit the south of Finland? Before it's gone, they added, somewhat ominously. I wonder what that meant?

Well, of course I accepted, and soon was in Turku making deliveries for someone who'd broken their leg driving their summer car.

Looking forward to seeing trees... lots and lots of trees. Till next time....

Anni.

krigl

02 Nov 2018 22:26

Anni back again, and this time in South Finland. It is very green and pleasant, though
a very old area so a bit on the generic side. Still, a relaxing few drives in the area soon to be
replaced by the Baltic expansion. I wanted to see it before it was gone, and still managed to
discover some beautiful sights...

En route from Turku to Pori.

Roadworks between Pori and Tampere.

Tampere. Made I think in 2013, with just the base game assets and probably a small team.
Travelling here is a bit like archaeology...

Tampere to Lahti.

Late night shopping in Lahti.

A rainy farmyard pickup.

Hameenlin.

Hameenlin to Turku, with a great atmosphere.

Silos needed!

Entering Turku.

A Porvoo housing estate, with that damn France-shaped cloud you see everywhere that makes me want to kill and kill and kill again because I'm so sick of seeing it...

Porvoo centre.

Outskirts of Helsinki.

Country scenery.

Helsinki. It's pretty nice considering its age.

The local company representatives were pleased with my work, so much so they recommended me to another firm for one last job before I head back to Denmark. Off to St Petersburg in the next set.

Cheers!

krigl

06 Nov 2018 21:10

I made one special journey while in South Finland - wanted to try the trip from Helsinki to St Petersburg in Russia, as that's sure to be one of the many attractions of the Baltic expansion.

Here we are in ProMods Helsinki, about to head east.

And...oh! We're already at the border! It must have been a very short trip, or something. Well, never mind. The border post is quite extensive. Not sure who built that, but it's a fine
transition between ProMods and RusMap....

And we're in Russia...

Welcoming committee.

This area seems a land of ruins. The RusMap people are, for the first time, going to have to deal with the same feelings as the stalwart ProMods modders as SCS wipes part of their creation from
the map. Like after a forest fire, the map are might be all the stronger for it. I hope the RusMap modders have the patience and time to put a lot of the cool stuff back into this region... and
maybe mangage to integrate all the awesome new SCS content into the rest of their map. All those fantastic grim, grey, communist-era buildings, for example.

I love Russian church architecture! Approaching Vyborg.

Vyborg is a crazy city, a lot of interesting architecture put together in a most idiosyncratic way.

My guess is that it has a lot of historic monuments but the modders just don't have time (or it's too difficult) to model them, so they took stuff from all over... normal practice no doubt, but here ithe combination of distinctive models seems somewhat bizarre. Mikulov castle from the Czech Republic makes an appearance, for example. Love it!

Notice: not a default or SCS paint scheme. My first truck with a downloaded paint mod on it in 150 posts. Oh wow... getting leeter.

Another ruin en route from Vyborg to St Petersburg.

Didn't expect a beach here...

Here we are. It was quite a short trip.

The city has some cool stuff in it.

And quite a lot of tall buildings. Never been there, but I have been to Moscow and it had a similar feel.

Yeah... so after the last tune-up I got her up to a ton seventy on the ZSD. I'm gonna need a 3rd spoiler. Think you can fit one in there?

St Petersburg's IKEA - our destination. It was a great little trip. After that it was back to Denmark for a couple of years, so bowing out for now.

Thanks for watching.... cheers.... Anni

krigl

08 Nov 2018 23:16

American interlude #1

Just recently got ATS... very nice!!! I've seen people posting ATS shots in this forum occasionally (including a moderator) so I guess it's not a no-no... and because my mind wanders on those long journeys trying to build up my level and finances to a point where I can play in "sandbox mode" without having to count my cents, here's our second vaguely sketched character Dan to take us through todays photographic offerings...

Dan here...how do you like my shiny red Kenworth? Goes by the name of Jenny. Parked outside my garage in Vegas. Looks like a fantastic toy, like a big hand might come out of the sky at any moment and start pushing it around. I had a toy truck like that once as a kid. Looked pretty similar. Played with it all day.

Vegas is a fine city, lived here all my life, but I prefer being out on the open road.

Gives me that PS1 race game with atmospheric drum n' bass sountrack feeling.

Would love to jump in there and cool off. We're going to be touring Nevada for now. Not much there but desert, but it still looks good.

Leaving the garage to pick up a trailer in Pioche.

Leaving Las Vegas. Well, who am I... starting out on the road with a default truck, level 6, but why at 63 years old....? I'm no ankle-biter.

Out into the wide blue and yellow-brown yonder. I inherited a trucking firm from my grandpa. He started out with Fodens, Garrets and Sentinals imported from the UK. Yep.

Dad wasn't into trucking. He was a beatnik who became a corporate big cheese, funnily enough. Grandpa used to take me out on long journeys and I go hooked. But what's this? A radio telescope array or something, north of Vegas.

Tried to look this up in google but to no avail. Very strange. I guess I just suck at googling... SCS wouldn't have just made it up, would they?

I have a feeling I'm being watched....

Pioche, I believe. I've been trucking for more than 40 years. Married my wife Jenny at 19, we'd been childhood sweethearts.

First cargo... taking it just up the road to Ely. We had 3 kids, who turned out alright considering their papa wasn't often at home. Lucky their mom was a real tiger.

Ely. No Norman cathedral to be seen here. Lots of rusted corrogated iron, though, and dust. Great place for Fallout cosplays. Couple of years back I had a mind to take early retirement. Spend some quality time with my long-sufferiing wifey. Make up for all that time away. Handed over the company to the kids and got out of the business.

Well, turned out my wife wasn't quite as long-suffering and lonely as I'd thought. To cut a long story short... this picture sums it all up, really.

Delivering here to Elko.

Thought I'd try out the new trailer ownership thing. Not too many customisation options at level 7, and I couldn't get the colour scheme how I wanted it. After a while I was just like, whatever, let's just drive. Heading north from Elko to Jackpot.

Arrival. Gonna wait for a few levels before trying that trailer thing again.

A bit of countryside near Jackpot. Well, now things haven't worked out between me and Jenny, I figured I might as well go back on the road. What else?

Leaving Jackpot for Carson City. My trucking empire in the hands of the kids, who are all very busy, there was nothing for it but to start again from scratch. Just like in the sequel to an RPG video game with the same character, except I haven't mysteriously lost all my skills, and my memory is fading rather than returning.

Winnemucca.

Winnemucca again. Where have I seen those containers and that balloon before?

Heading for Reno through the parched land.

Go Jenny, go!! Past Reno now, and on the home stretch to Carson City.

Checking into Carson City, population around 55,500 - It's the state capital, I kid you not.

Made enough dough to risk getting a loan so I could do the all-too-familiar buy a garage, 1st employee and basic truck to start the ball rolling properly.

Well, it's been nice talking to you but can't hang around. Gotta go for a beer with the new employee. See ya in a while!

krigl

16 Nov 2018 22:52

American interlude #1 part 2/2

So here we are, back again in Carson City. Here's the new garage my 1st employee works out of.

And here's his house. Been over there a few times. He always has these great donuts. Promised him that if he did good, he'll soon be able to afford something better. With a yard, for example.

Meanwhile I've been driving in and out of Nevada, dragging my level up from 7 to 14. Here we are at level 8, some nice new mirrors on the truck,
setting off early to cross the desert from West to East - from Carson City to Ely.

Nice day for it!

Approaching Ely. The (now ex) wife has been doing her best to drag me through the courts. Thing is, I turned over my business to the kids, but she wants the house.
In fact, she'll probably end up with everything 'cept my truck and my grandfathers old overgrown ranch.

Here's Ely.... aha! I just realised. It's Ely the Elephant!

A few trips later and we're level 13. At last, the flat top living space and the spoiler!

Speed trap! Better slow down... Heading north-east from Vegas to Tonopah. From there we're going to cross the desert again, but this time from south to north - Tonopah to Winnemucca and up to the Oregon border.

Now I've got this I told my wife she can keep the house - I'm done fighting.

At last I'm officially divorced and free to ride my machine without being hassled by the ma'am. To go where the wind blows, like the roving tumbleweed.

Still heading up to Tonopah.

And here is that city.

And now for the desert crossing...

Like a boss. The default Kenworth looks great right out of the box.

Halfway house - time to get some kip.

Awoke to a beautiful day.

North to Winnemucca. The new employee turned out fine and after this trip I took on another. It's been a while, but at last things seem to be going my way again.

NO! No way am I picking this character up!

Town on the Oregon border. I've got a lot of levelling still to do, so bye for a while!!

Next set from back in Europe...

Cheers! Krigl

krigl

22 Nov 2018 21:45

Back to Europe now with a trip to the soon-to-vanish Promods and Rusmap Baltic region. It's a really nice area I've never got to, and I'm glad I found the time to see it before the DLC came out. Images will be accompanied by lame commentary from a third imaginary individual... I know, I'm a bit wierd. Oh well. As always, hope any viewers enjoy the shots...

Ahoj there... I'm Milan, based in Košice, Slovakia. Here we are just leaving my garage there for a hopefully interesting tour of the eastern Baltic region, pre-DLC.

We'll skip the journey north.... now we're just crossing the Polish-Lithuanian border near Suwalki.

North of Kaunas. First few minutes in Lithuania, and it's absolutely tipping down. Very green and lush. Reminds me of the weather and nature in the UK, where I made my money after leaving the Czech Republic
at the age of 16 with nothing but a bag of poppy-seed cakes, a talking cat and a HGV licence.

Panevezys, Lithuania. We're heading all the way up to Parnu in south Estonia on this trip. When I was a kid we lived near the local airport, and we used to see truck and car tuning shows there.
I wanted to drive the biggest, most colourful kamion that ever existed when I grew up, I wanted to be a TIRák.

Picturesque... Luckily becoming a lorry driver is an easier ambition to fulfil than becoming an astronaut, or Indiana Jones, so here I am, driving trucks.

On the way to Daugavpils. I'm not just a driver, of course. Made a packet in the UK and then found a struggling firm in Slovakia in need of an injection of finances... ended up buying them out with the 15 million Euros I made in 7 months in the UK. Hard to believe that more people aren't truck drivers really. Guess the life isn't for everyone.

Now in Latvia, north of Daugavpils. Very cool scenery here.

NW of Rezekne, central Latvia. Anyway, I specialise in the more Eastern states of Europe, making occasional forays out of the region when duty calls. And I have a weakness for nicely painted trucks, with plenty of chrome and stuff... no plain Jane trucks for me.

Approaching Valka, north Latvia. Valka means "war" in Czech. Probably doesn't in Latvian, but who knows...

Heading into Estonia now. Not a lot else to say about myself really, so I'll shut up and get on with posting the shots.

En-route to Parnu, southern Estonia. I like this paint job for the DAF, very jolly. Needs more chrome though.

And here we are... now to find some local jobs and explore.

1st Baltic job... hauling down through Latvia via Riga to Ventspils, and a quick hop by ferry over to Nynashamn in Sweden.

Passing through Riga.

Heading west through pleasant countryside to Ventspils.

Better hurry.

Ventspils. Looking forward to getting some kip with my head on my arm in the ferry canteen.

Back from Nynashamn and doing a job for a Dutch company called Verheul Twello cos I liked the livery. Heading back up to Parnu.

Passing through Parnu.

West again, this time to Kuressaare, the westernmost town in Estonia.

It's on an island - Saaremaa - which seems to be linked to the mainland by some kind of causeway.

Here's the aforementioned town. Very pretty! Let's make that delivery.

Hungry for more jobs... Got to get up a few more levels. Still don't have access to all the truck improvements yet...
Keen to see more of this fine region, too. Next time Tallinn to Valday in Russia.

Čau!!

Return to “Share the love”

• Information