Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
Sam!

09 Jul 2019 11:45

Very nice pictures from the perspective, great!
My English is exclusively from the Translator

krigl

19 Jul 2019 22:11

Sam! wrote:
09 Jul 2019 11:45
Very nice pictures from the perspective, great!
Thanks very much!!

Added in 28 minutes 50 seconds:
Returning from 2 weeks' holiday, found that SCS has been pumping out even more Black Sea shots. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but a release earlier than October seems more and more likely. And so we must be witness to the return of Milan, who is going for a whistlestop tour of ProMods' Romania + neighbouring bits before all that hard work disappears into the annals of history.

Leaving Košice in a hurry to pick up whatever I can find in Uzhorod in Ukraine to haul into Romania.

Outskirts of Košice.

Near the Slovak-Ukrainian border.

Entering Ukraine, and Uzhorod.

Streets of Uzhorod.

In case anyone's wondering, no graphics mods in these shots, using a gimp filter to tart them up a bit. This one came out pretty nice. Well, I like it anyway.

For some reason, the ProMods cargo mod didn't seem to be working, so ended up with Posped. Carrying used plastics to Craiova on a trip down the middle of Romania. First stop is Mukachevo in Ukraine, though.

Here it is.

Some nice scenery in Ukraine.

Housing estate, or something.

Leaving Mukachevo and heading for the border with Romania.

Same location, other side...

In no man's land.

Welcome to Romania!

After passing through the first town, Baia Mare.

On the way to Cluj-Napoca.

'Scenery town' - didn't catch the name.

Here's Cluj.

Interesting structure... this image makes me think of London.

Cluj-Napoca is pretty nice...

Leaving town. To be continued in the next set...

Thanks for looking!

Milan

TheNuvolari

20 Jul 2019 09:44

Great read with great pictures! :D

Sam!

20 Jul 2019 21:40

impeccable shots for me

krigl

21 Jul 2019 20:34

TheNuvolari wrote:
20 Jul 2019 09:44
Great read with great pictures! :D
Sam! wrote:
20 Jul 2019 21:40
impeccable shots for me
Thanks a lot for the feedback and encouragement! :) :) :)

Added in 31 minutes 7 seconds:
Today we're continuing the tour of ProMods Romania, heading south through the heart of the country to Craiova, and then west and north parallel to the border with Serbia, ending up in Arad.

I like this natural-looking solution to 'roads you can't go down' much better than the standard SCS one of opaque crosses and a very solid invisible wall - which miraculously AI vehicles are still able to pass through. If I can't drive there then the AI shouldn't be able to either. Why should they have all the fun?

On the way from Cluj-Napoca to Sibiu.

A very familiar sight in ProMods Romania.

Stopping for the night outside Sibiu.

And off bright and early the next morning.

Near Sibiu.

Sibiu.

Let's play Pooh sticks!!!

After breakfasting on salam di Sibiu and cheese pastries we headed out on the last stretch down to Craiova.

The countryside was quite varied.

But there was plenty of yellow, as expected...

Scenery town.

Craiova up ahead.

The Romanian flag welcomes us.

Never been to Romania, but my experiences in mid-90s Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Russia + a rough knowledge of the country's post WWII history tell me ProMods have probably captured the look of the local cities pretty well.

The day was still young, so we picked up a new cargo to take to Arad.

Ramas bun, Craiova.

Turned out to be a lovely day.

After passing close to Timisoara we eventually reached Arad.

Time to find the delivery point.

That's it for now, čau... Milan
Last edited by krigl on 01 Aug 2019 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

Sam!

21 Jul 2019 21:44

Thank you for these pictures. It's really fun to watch them!

krigl

24 Jul 2019 20:33

Back again with a 3rd set from ProMod's Romania - heading north from Arad to Oradea, then through the mountainous and forested north of the country.

Finishing the last delivery in Arad.

Great illusion of realism here...

...created from artfully positioned assets - map-making magic : )

Off through the suburbs to get a new cargo.

Quite a long haul ahead (by my standards while taking shots for this thread) - across the whole country and down through the state of Moldova to Chisinau. Sorry to keep missing the accents off the words...

Village scene on the way to Oradea travelling parallel to the Szeged - Debrecen road in Hungary.

Yellow is never far away. It's a great colour, and there's a lot of it in Romania - makes a change from the reds and browns of the USA, and the greens of the Baltic DLC.

Really like this view...

We've reached Oradea. Really like the signage in Romania.

Heading out of town, the arrow signalling a merge to a single lane road appears almost immediately... lots of country driving to be had in Romania.

Making progress towards Cluj-Napoca.

Could this be after Cluj already? I forgot to take pics of the map this time, too busy enjoying the scenery.

Getting later in the day.

The sun's still hot and the insects are buzzing.

As we move along the long road to the Piatra-Neamt turnoff, the scenery gets nicer and nicer.

Mountains and forests at dusk... mmmmmm....

Evening mists are rolling in and the owls are hooting. Shouldn't we have stopped for the regulation rest ages ago? Nope. We're playing in Extreme Energy Drink Mode. Fatigue Simulation is switched off...

But seriously, driving at night is no fun. The final push to Moldova (the state, not the region of Romania right next to it) will have to wait till morning. Here we are passing the turnoff south to Piatra Neamt, Bacau and Bucharest. We're continuing west, though mountain country.

Definitely time to find somewhere to park and get some well-earned rest.

Night night!

Milan
Last edited by krigl on 01 Aug 2019 07:34, edited 5 times in total.

Sam!

24 Jul 2019 21:29

I can only repeat myself - great shots

Good Night!

krigl

27 Jul 2019 18:39

Back on the road again, in North Romania, on way to the state of Moldova, and still looking for somewhere to spend the night.

Past the Peatra Neamt turnoff we encountered this scenery town with a nice castle.

Finally stopped at this petrol station for the night - here we are starting off in the early morning.

Getting close to the border now.

Very cool border post.

Getting my papers ready.

And we're through. I guess this body of water marks the border. Maybe one of those pipes belongs to Romania, and one to Moldova?

Police keeping a watchful eye at the Moldovan border post.

And we're in Moldova! A group of cows in a field without a fence next to the road. Nothing could go wrong there, right?

Plenty of police around. Maybe they're looking for someone. Guess I won't pick up any hitch-hikers today.

ProMods Moldova is the 2nd of 3 small pockets of other countries lying to the North (Ukraine), East (Moldova) and South (Bulgaria) of Romania. Serbia and Hungary lie to the west, but we won't be going there. Each of these 'pockets' are quite small, but nice to visit. Moldova has 2 cities, Balti and Chisinau (again, excuse me for missing out the accents). Here we are approaching Balti.

Balti.

Had a bit of a break in Balti, and then it was time to push on to Moldova's capital, Chisinau.

Aside from the cool border posts, Moldova also stands out via its mixture of road surfaces - damaged roads, concrete panels, cobble stones, dirt roads.

It's this guy again.

Arriving in the somewhat grim city of Chisinau.

Let's make that delivery. Bumped into a representative of a local truck company while enjoying a well-earned drink in a local bar. He needed someone for a couple of jobs, so I thought why not, especially as a. their trucks were yellow and I'm going through a yellow period right now, and b. the jobs involved driving a so-called 'rigid', which I've always wanted to do.

The first job involved dropping off various consumables to petrol station shops around Bucharest. So, here we are the next morning, heading for the border with Romania.

Leaving town past this sprinting soldier.

...and this giant communications tower. Romania awaits... in the next set.
Last edited by krigl on 27 Jul 2019 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

Sam!

27 Jul 2019 18:57

For me recordings as in real. Great.

Return to “Share the love”

• Information