Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
krigl

09 Apr 2019 21:20

TheNuvolari wrote:
06 Apr 2019 08:12
Shot #14 is the most artistic IMO, I love it! :D

What happened?
Thanks!!

From what I heard there were just 2 guys working on RusMap and the one who made the unique models for it died.
But that's just a rumour though, from this forum somewhere. I don't know if it's true, but I did read it more than once and no one contradicted it.
Sad news indeed, if true...

krigl

09 Apr 2019 21:46

Milan here, back again for one last set from the Baltic region. Really busy at the moment, too exhausted to drive or post...
hopefully will be back after Easter - potentially in 2.40, looks like it's almost here. But the new SCS update is shaping up to
be awesome, hope ProMods release a patch, will suck once again having to choose between either ProMods or new SCS content for months...

Woke up on a rainy day in Narva, ready for my last haul in Estonia before flying back home to Kosice to sort things out. I've been away too long.

Mysteriously, a new paint job has applied itself to the cab overnight. Maybe Dan Vavra left it as a parting gift.

Here we are at that place, the name of which is an obscenity in Czech. I shall not write it because I know this website is frequented by miners.

So here it is, that town which SCS - a Czech company - simply had to add to Estonia while ignoring other places all around it. Interesting industry and ruins.

When preparing these images for upload earlier, in order to avoid writing the naughty word on the images so that when my Czech wife or children look over my shoulder they don't see an offensive word, I shortened the name to Kun.

It was not until I reached this point while uploading I noticed my attempt at 'clean' labelling had been somewhat self-defeating, as I'd labelled the images between said offensively-named town
and Tallinn 'Kun to Tallin'. Well, I tried at least.

I dunno. If I was this guy I'd move myself and the cab a little bit further down the road...

Edge of Tallin... heading further west, to a drop-off point near Kaldiski.

Tallinn at last.

And there's the airport. But first, a quick look round.

Well, that's it, time to go back home. I don't think I'm going to manage to post anything for a couple of weeks. But hopefully then will be back with "heavy" Henri, who is going to be touring the ProMods UK. I can hardly wait!! Thanks for looking in, hope you enjoyed!!

Czech Airlines flight OK357 to Kosice is now boarding...

De_Ruyter

09 Apr 2019 23:49

krigl wrote:
09 Apr 2019 21:16
rudenkov vladimir wrote:
05 Apr 2019 21:49
Great photos! And skin on a truck H. Essers have you where? Do you work for a Russian Virtual Transport company?
Hi there - thank you!! The skin is from here: https://ets2.lt/en/?s=h.essers
It's pretty nice, isn't it? Hope it's okay to post a link?? If not, I'm really sorry!

I don't work for any virtual transport company, though doing that kind of thing might be fun.
Too busy taking pictures all the time, don't get much hauling done really :D

Cheers!
You are not the only one that isn't working for one, but then again... After what happened to me and what followed I rather stay away from TMP all together and also digital companies.
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

rudenkov vladimir

10 Apr 2019 01:28

Very good photos !!!
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

krigl

17 Jun 2019 21:24

Thanks very much!

Added in 37 minutes 33 seconds:
Ooof.... back again after a couple of months away due to too much work and then trouble with my eyes. Finally returning for a couple of weeks before holiday time arrives, and what do we have here - ProMods 2.40 is out! Fantastic! And shortly after SCS released an update, and once again ProMods is not compatible, because... Germany. Well, over the last couple of months I've been playing a bit in ATS, so I guess I'll post the 5 sets I have before going on holiday. When I get back, I solemnly swear that my next posts will be from ProMods, whether they've caught up with SCS or not by then. I'm going to tour the British Isles. But for now, without further ado, here's our intrepid Dan with some sets from South California...

Hey there... the last set from the good ol' US of A saw us crossing the border from Arizona into California, and here we are now with the sun rising on the way to the City of Angels...

Whenever I read a reference to LA in ATS it's always from people complaining that the layout is bad. So I was looking forward to seeing what it's actually like... and expanding Dan's business there.

Nice wide freeway here!

In the real LA it would be twice as wide and jammed with cars, no doubt...

Approaching the delivery point. It's right next to the beach and pier... how cool is that?

Skating and surfing, that's one side of California...

Time to say bye-bye to the vanilla Peterbilt.

Really impressed by this area, I must say, very detailed, interesting scenery!

Let's say hi to this fine 579.

That famous California sun, lighting everything up a treat.

First SoCal job, for Vistaprint, down south to San Diego.

Having finally got out of town, we hit a diversion round about Carlsbad way. Looks like someone found out the effect too many sweet soft drinks can have on one's middle regions.

A glimpse of the sea.

An epic glimpse...

And we've reached San Diego.

First delivery complete! Bring them on!

Picked up an Unobtanium open-cast mining harvester.

Destination Yuma.

Main Street USA, SoCal style.

Hey, Tony!

Manoevering with this could be interesting...

Well, that's the first post, liking California so far. Hope you enjoyed... : )

Cheers

Krigl
Last edited by bmwGTR on 18 Jun 2019 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

TheNuvolari

18 Jun 2019 09:15

YAAAY YOU'RE BACK!!! I so missed your shots. Every Saturday it was so chilly to check out this thread! :D

krigl

18 Jun 2019 22:04

TheNuvolari wrote:
18 Jun 2019 09:15
YAAAY YOU'RE BACK!!! I so missed your shots. Every Saturday it was so chilly to check out this thread! :D
:D :D :D Thanks for saying so, I appreciate it!!! Just temporarily back for now, but hopefully properly back from mid-July. Cheers!

Here's a second South California set out of five...

This guy in his sunbaked yard has got a grandstand view of us leaving San Diego.

Will have to make sure I'm in town for truck show week. Might pick up a fake moustache at the mustachio-market there on the left while I'm at it. And grow my sideburns lawng.

Back into the desert again... heading for Yuma on the California/Arizona/Mexico border. Have already posted pics from there, just wanted to explore the road.

SoCal is super dusty.

Almost there.

After dropping off the Space Excavator I swapped trucks with my new Californian employee and headed out of Yuma bright and early for Carlsbad. Took a different route.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

Windmills...

Vineyards...

2 passenger jets dogfighting overhead. Note the flock of birds on the horizon, a nice touch.

At Carlsbad, dumped the express freight and picked up a digger to take to Barstow.

Carlsbad sounds like some kind of elegant Europeanesque cultural place, but it's a bit of a dump, at least in game.

Racing up the hill. Evidently we're losing.

Yep, California has its fair share of desert.

Lucky with the lighting here.

Making progress towards Barstow, I felt tired and had to go to bed. Next time I played, the1.35 update had hit. It sent my truck back to Las Vegas, without passing GO or collecting 200 pounds. None of my mods seemed to be broken, but the job got cancelled anyway.

So, I resolved to go to Barstow once more, but this time from Primm in Nevada - just down the road from Vegas.

Here we are, near Primm.

Heading west to Barstow with a cistern of some kind.

Barstow...

The town has a Ray's Hamburgers and a Donuts Donuts. Nothing overly exciting but nice enough.

Another digger job.

Moving northish towards Bakersfield.

Yep... aircon on full blast, sunglasses donned... ready for another arid stretch.

Thanks for watching!!

krigl

19 Jun 2019 21:56

Back with a third set from five.... and here we are at a desert rest stop between Barstow and Bakersfield.

Shall we go and see if Norman Bates is in?

The land of black gold...

Arrived in Bakersfield. Very classy hotel there.

Picked up a job at a Coastline mine midway between Bakersfield and Santa Maria.

Lake just outside Coastline. Maybe it's a flooded open-cast mine?

Hauling towards LA through extensive orange orchards.

Delivering to the outskirts of LA.

Wanted to take the second, more inland route from LA down to San Diego, but couldn't find a job... so just drove there anyhow, like the cheeky devil-may-care chappie that I am.

It's an attractive route with a good variety of scenery.

Not a bad neighborhood, eh?

A rare oasis of greenery... all this packed into the short (in ATS) drive from LA down to San Diego.

Well, we've reached SD for the second time. Need to find a cargo that I can take up the coastal road to Santa Maria.

SD's impressive skyline.

Cargo acquired, time to head back up north, hugging the coast.

Always great to see the sea.

Sunrise... vampires depart!

Back in Carlsbad.

On the way from Carlsbad to LA.

Bath time!

Refinery south of LA.

That'll do for now.

Cheers!

EdgeGladiator

26 Jun 2019 11:19

great pics, as always ! :)
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

krigl

26 Jun 2019 20:03

EdgeGladiator wrote:
26 Jun 2019 11:19
great pics, as always ! :)
Thank you very much!

O-kay… back with one last post from south California, got sidetracked by my oldest son wanting to play Endless Space 2 for quite a lot of nights running. Great to spend time with him – who knows how much longer he’ll want to do that - but too late to drive and post after. So, I’m going to combine the last 2 shorter sets I wanted to post into one big one.

Well, here we are back at LA with that tractor ready for a short but nice coastal run up to Santa Maria.

The Beatles after Abbey Road was rebuilt as a dual carriageway.

Another guy sitting there in the heat, watching us drive by. I’d rather be where I am, for sure, it’s boiling out there.

Another skatepark.

Heading towards the exclusive World Of Trucks Hills district.

Down by the sea at last.

Looking back.

And forward. Malibu here we come. It’s just round the corner.

Nice place to hang out.

Malibu cliffside homes with a great view of the beach.

Some film stars are arriving by helicopter. You can tell it’s a more exclusive beach than the one in LA because the people are standing ON it, not IN it.

Great architectural gems tucked away here. Seems a shame to just drive through...

Passing Oxnard.

Oxnard industry.

Back to the coast, yay!

Love the way a train spawns here just out of view and races you north.

Like this… seems to me the trains have got a bit longer in ATS recently, but they could still be improved. American trains can be really long.

A tunnel! Not so common here…

Cargo dropped off at fairly unremarkable Santa Maria, we’re off to pick something up nearby.

Some grit or cornflakes or something to take back to Oxnard.

Don't like my driving? Phone the boss on 702 590 6014 and he'll give me a good stern telling off.
Looking forward to moving north through California to the green states at the top. Aside from the watery coast, it’s pretty arid down south. Still cool to explore though.

Oxnard sunset. And after all, there are plenty of conifer-lined corridors in ETS2. The desert and the panoramic views are one of the things which make ATS different. So can’t complain.

Off to find a motel.

Last full job before heading back to Europe. Swapped trucks with my patriotic employee…

Heading out to Barstow.

I do like this shot.

Momentarily overcast.

Uuauuauuauuaua…

Oil country.

Picked up one last job to head out of state with along another desert road. I’m going to be away for about three weeks and then will hopefully be posting from ProMods in Europe. I was going to visit the British Isles and then Romania, but all the Black Sea posts from SCS are making me nervous that there will be an earlier than expected release so it will be the eastern Balkans first. Looking forward to it!!!

Border region with Arizona – time to put this thread to bed for a couple of weeks. Thanks for looking and have a good early summertime!

Krigl

Return to “Share the love”

• Information