Development on version 2.x (Southern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
HenryJensen

08 Jul 2016 08:44

About space in the game.
I would say, that it is lack of space, that makes it impossible to make the harbour in Fredericia, so thank u for making the harbour in Århus, which is also a big harbour, but nothing compared with Fredericia. But they try to be. They are going to expand the container terminal in Århus by filling dirt into the water.

( I do not know if it is possible but maybe you could make a gate in Århus with a sign above´. And the sign is telling you that you have entered the APM Terminals . )

So far my recollection tells me that the official name is APM terminal but I can be wrong

Thank u for your great work. :D :D :D :D

Barrett_killz

08 Jul 2016 09:07

LoaderSaints wrote:@Barrett_killz
I'm sure the developers know better so no need to argue in that matter.
Hey, don't tell me, I'm kind of familiar with the map editor and I know what I'm saying. There are tricks/solutions to make it happen.
RacerToft wrote:
Barrett_killz wrote:Actually one of them would fit if there will be a couple of roads, like Frederikshavn, for instance.
There could maybe be space for Randers.. (but why not? Because the map will be too overcrowded.)
Space for Vejle and Horsens...?? Ehm, no way!
E45 from Kolding to Aarhus is not that long ingame, because we have the E45/E20 and E45/18 junctions (+ route 18 to Herning). Between those we have Vejlefjordbroen.. That area is already restricted a lot compared to irl.
Then take a look at Fyn. The distance from Lillebæltsbroen to Storebæltsbroen is about 80 km irl. Look at how short that is ingame with Odense midway.
The distance from Kolding to Horsens is about 60 km irl. How would you fit in two cities there when we already have two junctions and Vejlefjordbroen. Remember that you need exits to the two cities, which also take up a lot of space.

If you can make space for it while it still will be realistic, we would like to know from you... and how!
I might agree with you on Vejle, I know you guys like to make those huge interchanges that take up A LOT of space in 1:19 scaling. But I'm sure Horsens would fit with a few roads. First, there are smaller interchanges that would make it possible, whereas E45 with 52 don't connect in such a big interchange (I'm sure it's the smallest one that connects a highway with a small road). Second, you can take either route 433 or 451 from Aarhus. It's a secondary road indeed, but it'd fit perfectly along the highway. Trust me, I have used the free look and saw what's going on there. On the other hand, the only problem would be Fyn, like you said. The view distance makes you able to see Fyn, and that would need some rework as well. But you can set the view distance on certain objects in the map editor. Here's another solution for you.

Finally, I'm not arguing with anyone, I'm just proving my point that it can be possible. A straight "no" would've been enough, if you don't want to make 'em. It's alright.

EDIT: Also, I forgot about how the map would become way too overcrowded and the framerates would be unstable. You got me on that one. :mrgreen:

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2016 09:39

There's not even space for Vejle Frysehus as it would sit just south of Aarhus, would look a bit stupid imo
The realistic interchanges are a trademark of ProMods
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

RacerToft
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2016 10:53

Then please have a look again Barrett_killz!
How stupid and overcrowded do you think it will look if we added Horsens here? ...and the danish E45 will just be junctions and interchanges everywhere.
As plykkegaard says, Horsens will be just under Aarhus and over Vejlefjordbroen.. Have a look at google maps and compare. How unrealistic would it be?

https://www.google.dk/maps/@55.9395565,9.8801699,10.5z

EDIT:
Barrett_killz wrote:On the other hand, the only problem would be Fyn, like you said. The view distance makes you able to see Fyn, and that would need some rework as well. But you can set the view distance on certain objects in the map editor. Here's another solution for you.
If we had that problem I think we know better how to tackle things like that.. In this case we would use cut planes.
ATS Map Designer, SCS Software

From Denmark, living in the Czech Republic!
Keep calm and ride the dirt!
"Kan man gå overhovedet i sådan nogle?" -Jørgen Leth

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2016 11:18

I think Denmark is now fine as it is, and with Copenhagen, it will be a lot better, but I think because Denmark is now looking much better and realistic, the developer focus should shift to other countries - Balkans, Czech Republic etc.

RacerToft
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2016 11:31

Well, that is not our plan... There is still a lot to do in Denmark!
E.g...
Route 11 Esbjerg - Germany
Rebuild Odense, Aalborg and maybe some of the smaller cities..
Rebuild outdated junctions/interchanges
Replace all std junctions/interchanges with real custom ones...
...and I could continue, but let the rest be suprises ;)
ATS Map Designer, SCS Software

From Denmark, living in the Czech Republic!
Keep calm and ride the dirt!
"Kan man gå overhovedet i sådan nogle?" -Jørgen Leth

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2016 11:34

... and you really can't have several mappers working on the same sectors, noone likes to be the third wheel :P
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Starfruit 017

08 Jul 2016 11:36

I look forward to this! Good job! :D
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

gurkan6236

08 Jul 2016 12:23

Why would you waste time on developing more cities in Denmark while there are countries such as Norway that noone has even started on.

Peterson

08 Jul 2016 12:25

No... no... give up. You're engaging in a lost fight.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information