Assets & General Improvements

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Sothernregion

26 Jul 2016 21:44

RikkyBobby13 wrote:
Sothernregion wrote:Constanta Romania, there is a large naval port, the game does not exist yet. How about if someone would apply this great port at stake, so we could travel to the Black Sea in southern Russia? :) :)
Hi
If you run with Rusmap aswell you get Constanta, though i'm not sure if thats part of Promods or Rusmap. I was there only last night, with fishfingers. I'm somewhere else now though, with peas. :roll:
Such as not knowing who that is part of it rusmap or promods?! :( Constanta in Romania, part of promods :) <3

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2016 22:05

Stilgar wrote:and please correct the hapag Lloyd misspelling.
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Peterson

30 Jul 2016 12:09

Guys? I had an idea!

Roadworks! Oh wait, they're already in the mod... but, how about changing locations? With every patch, roadworks placemetns would be changed, and I'm not only talking about major updates, I'm talking about compatibility patches too. A bit of changement and variety is always wellcome, and seeing the same roadwork for a year or two...
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2016 12:35

Already suggested internal, might be too much work as the beahaviour of terrain etc between prefab and normal road is quite different
I have an idea though, one of the road works prefabs from dlc_north has a lot of variants
I will investigate if I can create a clean variant which will makes it easy to switch on/off
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Peterson

30 Jul 2016 13:52

When you're at it, I would also suggest some very light works, like painting lanes or changing fences, it's a few objects, speed reduction, lane reduction or temporary lanes (orange/yellow). It's also common in cities, that might be interesting.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Irockz
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2016 01:45

I recognise that this is unlikely (and I'm probably just missing something because I'm an eejit) but would it be possible to update the editor to include some form of filter, e.g. search by how much lanes a road/prefab has (I assume by manually tagging each of them with a lane)?

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2016 09:15

Peterson wrote:When you're at it, I would also suggest some very light works, like painting lanes or changing fences, it's a few objects, speed reduction, lane reduction or temporary lanes (orange/yellow). It's also common in cities, that might be interesting.
I very much second that idea. It'd be nice to see some random events (well, static, but it would make the game a little bit more interesting).

Peterson

09 Aug 2016 16:25

France's topic is locked, so I'll post this here.

I was on a journey from Pau to La Jonquera, and I, AI's rear bumpers and most of all my truck's front noticed something stupid. When you're heading towards Spain, just as you exit Perpignan (I think), there's a toll gate. Nothing unusual here, only thing is that just before that toll gate, 3 lane motorway becomes a 2 lane, AI panics, blocks two lanes, and that 2 lane road goes on for 1-2 meters before that toll gate. Is it a bug, or is it on purpose? Because it seems stupid, really stupid, causing mess like that just for giggles... (I don't have a screenshot, sadly)

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2016 20:50

Driving through Germany and France today with the new map update, I noticed that there are now signals in the medians of the city roads where the road is 2x2. I'm assuming this is the handiwork of ProMods. Who do I get to give a big hug to for this feature? It makes checking the signal state while in the left lanes a lot easier. :D

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

09 Aug 2016 21:39

That is all my idea. Though I didn't implement it in Poland yet; too much risk of clipping objects at this point.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information