Cities: Skylines discussion

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
MYE2001

15 Jul 2015 14:13

plykkegaard wrote:Noise pollution
Trees along the road, parks
Set zones and avoid heavy traffic

Sudden deaths can also be caused by a large population at start of the game / foundation of the city
Trees along the road,is it roads with trees?

And the population decline stopped although I didn`t do anything.It must have been caused by big influx as you said.I will expand the city more slowly.Thanks for your help.

martinusK

15 Jul 2015 14:24

MYE2001 wrote: Trees along the road,is it roads with trees?
Yep, that means the roads with trees. Although it doesn't hurt to add some forests around industrial areas and intersections aswell - i suggest you download the tree brush mod :)

And as plykkegaard said, massive deaths is caused by massive development aka births. It goes in waves.
I have noticed that when there is a massive demand for residential zones, population also starts declining for some reason (slowly, but surely).
Last edited by martinusK on 15 Jul 2015 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

MYE2001

15 Jul 2015 17:04

I love adding trees,and I already downloaded tree brush. :) But I reached tree limit,is there a mod solves this,I couldn`t find. :(

EDIT: Roads with trees can reduce noise pollution,but don`t they make high density areas worse looking?

martinusK

15 Jul 2015 18:31

It's up to you to decide whether you like it or not :)
Personally i have roads sided with trees in every zone (except regular, oil and ore industrial). If i have 5 streets in an area, i usually have about 2 streets with trees and remaining three just have decorative grass.
I also like using decorative grass/trees because it removes the parking spaces from 1x1 roads - with the parking spaces the road looks (and is) very wide and feels American :) Something i'm just not used to...
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

MYE2001

15 Jul 2015 18:38

Martinus Kundla wrote:It's up to you to decide whether you like it or not :)
Personally i have roads sided with trees in every zone (except regular, oil and ore industrial). If i have 5 streets in an area, i usually have about 2 streets with trees and remaining three just have decorative grass.
I also like using decorative grass/trees because it removes the parking spaces from 1x1 roads - with the parking spaces the road looks (and is) very wide and feels American :) Something i'm just not used to...
There are lots of parked cars in sides of the streets in Turkey,so it looks more natural to me. :) Are there no cars parked in sides of the streets in Estonia?

martinusK

15 Jul 2015 19:07

People mainly park their cars into their yards, apartments, offices etc. mostly have parking lots
Very rarely i see cars on the sides of roads, especially in non-residential areas.
Usually the people on the sides of the roads are people who are visiting someone.

MYE2001

30 Jul 2015 11:22

I have some problems with trains.I wanted to get tourists via trains,so I connected my passenger train stations with boundary.And I make a new passenger train line via these main train lines.But the problem is there are lots of passenger trains.I tried to decrease train budget,but this caused heavy traffic `cause there aren`t enough cargo trains.But when I increase the budget,there are lots of passenger trains.More riduculously there aren`t carrying more than 10 tourists.Is there a way to solve this? I can isolate the cargo and passenger rails,but this will decrease effectiveness.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2015 11:49

I just left the trains as they were, the game sorted it out eventually
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

MYE2001

30 Jul 2015 11:54

But it doesn`t get solved :x It gets solved a bit,and the problem occurs again.Maybe I should divide passenger and cargo lines completely? Even it`s going to decrease effectiveness.

martinusK

30 Jul 2015 12:10

Definetly divide passenger and cargo rails. Do not have them intersect - use over/underpasses....
I believe the issue is that you have too many train stations (passenger) - other cities will start to send trains there, even if they have very little amounts of passengers.

However i don't know how many stations you have - could you provide extra info? :)

800th post ;)

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information