Benelux Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
cocool2001

03 May 2016 12:58

Amazing work. I love it. Do you have more photos ? :-).

Truckydude
Donation rank:

03 May 2016 14:51

MandelSoft wrote:I've been quite quiet about the development of this project for weeks. But I have made some great progress in Belgium the past few weeks behind the scenes, putting in many hours of work.

This weekend I have completed with landscaping one of the biggest hurdles of the Benelux project: Brussels. The city is a true centerpiece of the Benelux Project. It has recieved a complete rebuild, and the surrounding road network is all new as well. The city includes the complete R0 ringway around the cities. The city itself is an urban complex with tunnels and modern and old architecture mixed in a not to fashoinably good manner, just like in real life. There is even a term for it: "Brusselization" :lol: . The More You Know...

And of course we have something to show you! The pictures below give you an impression of how Brussels will look like in ProMods 2.1:

Brussels is not completely finished, so what's still left to do in Brussels? Well, we have to add pedestrians and navigation signs in Brussels, along with some additional optimisation and assigning traffic areas and company DEFs. Most of this is quite trivial, but as far as signage goes...

... Brussels is making things quite challenging. :roll:

So stay tuned! We are making crackin' progress here!
Wow: great picks!...

TAZZMAN

03 May 2016 16:49

thank you for all your work looks fantastic :D

M4rkus

03 May 2016 17:18

The shots look really outstanding. Looks like the road network is very dense. I'd be certainly interested in seeing the map of the rebuilt Benelux ;)

wallyaus

03 May 2016 21:49

Wow! Looks fantastic! I've only just installed Promods and I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

Kudos to all you developers who are working on projects enhancing the experience for many many people from all over the world!

Can't wait to drive it!

cocool2001

21 May 2016 17:22

I adore how you made Brussels, in more I who live in Brussels. It is hyper realistic. ;) :) :)

Superdavecan

22 May 2016 10:11

Recently, while I wait for some of the rebuilding projects/expansions to be finished, I've been keeping myself busy playing different games, and I haven't followed the development as closely as I usually do. But I finally got round to looking at the pics of the Brussels rebuild... and MandelSoft you have done a fantastic job of it! :D Great rendition of Brussels!

One question though about the signs... Brussels is, of course, surrounded by Flanders, where the signs are in Dutch only. If there are any signs within the Brussels Capital Region (and I understand that in real life there's a shortage of signs, possibly on purpose to avoid printing both languages :lol: )... but yeah, if you made any signs within Brussels itself, were they bilingual?

ScuL
Founder

22 May 2016 10:34

We placed Dutch signs in the Dutch speaking areas and French in the French speaking areas. There are some signs that are bilingual too.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Superdavecan

22 May 2016 15:58

OK thanks for the info ScuL. I just read what MandelSoft wrote earlier and at the time he said he still needed to put signs within Brussels itself. I guess that's been done now, as you said... good to know that the languages on the signs are accurate ;) (Dutch only in Flanders, French only in Wallonia, and bilingual in the Brussels Capital Region.)

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

23 May 2016 19:50

Hey guys, first I know it's called BeNeLUX Rebuilding, but do you even got enough space in Luxemburg to rebuild it as a good quality? - Probably yes, you guys can do everything

Anyways, would you do a (half) ringroad for Luxemburg (city) because it has very nice interchanges and exits like:

"Croix de Cessange":
https://www.google.de/maps/@49.5846075, ... a=!3m1!1e3

"Croix de Gasperich" and "Hesperange":
https://www.google.de/maps/@49.5783149, ... a=!3m1!1e3

"Strassen":
https://www.google.de/maps/@49.6200362, ... a=!3m1!1e3

I know it might not fit at all but it would be pretty nice ;)
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information