Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Memphis84

03 Mar 2015 15:52

IMO they can't put so many cities as we want ;)
Only the important cities, not too many , that needs to be added in the future version
Anyway those new intersections are the salt and pepper :D

And i don't wanna imagine how Germany will look after the whole facelift - PIECE OF ART

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2015 15:55

M4rkus wrote:Freiberg or Heidelberg: Important cities in Baden-Wurttemberg with the latter one being a cliché city for tourism. Maybe nice for Americans to have it in-game
Are we Germany's only tourists? :) Isn't this whole game just truck driving + tourism?
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

03 Mar 2015 15:59

Memphis84 wrote:IMO they can't put so many cities as we want ;)
Only the important cities, not too many , that needs to be added in the future version
Anyway those new intersections are the salt and pepper :D

And i don't wanna imagine how Germany will look after the whole facelift - PIECE OF ART
Who ever said that Bonn isn't important?
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

volan123
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2015 16:15

Even though there's lots of speculation, we can at least expect a few more cities with Promods quality in Germany! Great job! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

M4rkus

03 Mar 2015 16:16

Thank you for your detailed reply. Let me add my thoughts to your answers.

Augsburg: probably this city will not be implemented in favour of other cities. We were thinking about implementing Regensburg, Ulm and Würzburg. For all these cities, there is plenty of space. We have not reached that area yet in the ARP.
Augsburg is the largest of those (about double the size) and I would prefer it over building Ulm. It might be relatively close to Munich but actually I like the feeling of agglomerations. I have not thought about Würzburg but I think it's not really that important.
Essen: this is a hard one, but unfortunately does not fit. TSM may have implemented it on their map, but in their map, Dortmund is 40 kilometers too far east. In that scenario, you can easily fit more cities in the Ruhr area, but the entire area will be highly disformed. And we don't want that. Essen may be large, but it's competing for space. [...] Therefore, we are keeping Oberhausen, despite the fact that Essen is larger.
I can understand that you keep Oberhausen and I refrain from asking to remove it. I'm still wondering if it wasn't possible to make the Ruhr area one connected megapolis in a later release, perhaps. In my opinion, Duisburg could be left out for Essen, however, it would be problematic to remove a Vanilla city from the map.
Lübeck: might be possible to add one company there. However, this will not be done in 1.9, but Lübeck will have quite a presence on the new signage ;)
Really? If so, Lübeck would beg for the very recognisable Holstentor but I'm aware that a model like this isn't just made on the quick.
Karlsruhe: either this city or Freiburg im Breisgau will be implemented. Personally, I'd opt for Karlsruhe.
I opt for Freiburg because I think it's more interesting even though Karlsruhe is bigger. It's my intuitive feeling, not sure about this, however.
Koblenz: we have it in our plans. We have not reached that area yet in the ARP.
Glad to hear.
Mainz/Wiesbaden: could be considered, but I'm afraid it might be too close to Frankfurt. We have not reached that area yet in the ARP.
I hope that you think about it as it would be two capital cities made at one time with a river in the middle. I think, that'd be cool.
Paderborn: under consideration, but not for 1.9. Actually, FH-Fahrer did add this city in his own map, but we didn't have the time to implement it yet.
I think, Münster would be the better choice. If that isn't possible, then I think Paderborn should be of lower priority.
Potsdam: the area within the Berlin Ring road is really small. Berlin already overlaps with Potsdam, so it doesn't fit.
I wasn't aware that Potsdam lies within the Berliner Ring. Thought it was outside. Too bad, because I think this would've been really cool.
Schwerin: we have not considered that one yet. Could be implemented along-side of a full re-fit of the BAB24 in a next version of the ARP.
Isn't very important, though. I think, Lübeck is of higher priority.

Quite interestingly there seems to be space for the (in my opinion) less important cities whereas those of higher priority are often too close to others. Still, I hope, that you don't always opt in favour for the easiest choice. But I know that's easy to say not being a mapper myself. Considering your reply and my own opinion, I think Wiesbaden/Mainz, Augsburg, Saarbrücken, Koblenz and Lübeck would be a good idea. It's also a bit of combinating.
Having Stralsund without Schwerin would be strange for example. Still, I'm very much in favor of Essen and Potsdam – a bit refusing to accept this might hardly be possible :P

By the way, I wouldn't add Bonn. Personally, I don't think it's very important – well, it used to be capital of Western Germany, anyhow 8)
Last edited by M4rkus on 05 Mar 2015 21:08, edited 5 times in total.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

03 Mar 2015 16:27

M4rkus wrote:Lübeck: might be possible to add one company there. However, this will not be done in 1.9, but Lübeck will have quite a presence on the new signage ;)
Really? If so, Lübeck would beg for the very recognisable Holstentor but I'm aware that a model like this isn't just made on the quick.[/quote]
Isn't Lübeck too close to Hamburg?
M4rkus wrote:Karlsruhe: either this city or Freiburg im Breisgau will be implemented. Personally, I'd opt for Karlsruhe.
I opt for Freiburg because I think it's more interesting even though Karlsruhe is bigger. It's my intuitive feeling, not sure about this, however.[/quote]
I'd opt for Freiburg too.
M4rkus wrote:[In small letters] By the way, I wouldn't add Bonn. Personally, I don't think it's very important – well, it used to be capital of Western Germany, anyhow 8)[/size]
OK, you know better.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

M4rkus

03 Mar 2015 16:33

Isn't this whole game just truck driving + tourism?
I think so ;)
Are we Germany's only tourists? :)
No, but I think Heidelberg is among those typical locations (amongst Hofbräuhaus and Oktoberfest) for Americans and maybe Asian people even though it reflects only a small part of Germany. In fact, I have not been to one of those three yet ;)

Voxelfox

03 Mar 2015 16:53

I have to totally agree with M4rkus. Especially regarding Augsburg ;)

filip_swat
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2015 17:36

And Chemnitz for the BAB72 Hof-Chemnitz please :D

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2015 19:27

It's a trucking game, not a coach simulator
Please check where the large logistic centers are placed
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information