Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
jasper

21 Sep 2014 07:33

Awesome work , now it's looks almost as in real life ;)
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Purno
Donation rank:

21 Sep 2014 09:36

A few more;

phlyer91
Donation rank:

21 Sep 2014 09:42

Great work! :)

adgjl
Donation rank:

21 Sep 2014 09:59

Doing signage at 6:20am on a Sunday morning, that's what I call dedication :D
Great work as always Purno ;)
Bugs are love, bugs are life

volan123
Donation rank:

21 Sep 2014 10:19

Awesome work there Purno! Finally proper font in Netherlands! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Vladzz-G
Developer

21 Sep 2014 10:32

Purno wrote: Image
I think, in these places (showed above), you better put sign "Antwerpen", instead Brussel, 'cause this road goes straign to Antwerp.

Anyways, good work. ;)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

RemcoM97

21 Sep 2014 11:38

Hello Purno,

Isn't the "uit-sign" in the Netherlands bigger? I think in the game, that sign is a bit too small.
By the way, great work on the signs in Holland.

Greetz

Superdavecan

21 Sep 2014 12:01

Looks great Purno! :D I'm a great fan of the Dutch signage IRL... except for the absence of a "No Left Turn" sign. :lol: I remember a few years ago it created a very confusing situation for me when I saw a one-way street sign pointing to the right, and a van came from the right. It looked like he was going the wrong way down a one-way street, but it turned out that actually the one-way street sign meant that to the left it was one way, but to the right it was two ways. So I wondered, why didn't they just put a no left turn sign there? :P Well, turns out that while most countries have them, the Dutch and German highway codes overlooked them... a bit silly of them ;)
Vladzz-G wrote:
I think, in these places (showed above), you better put sign "Antwerpen", instead Brussel, 'cause this road goes straign to Antwerp.

Anyways, good work. ;)
I agree, the signs in the Netherlands should say Antwerpen and not Brussel, because Antwerpen is closer, ProMods invested a lot of time building Antwerp, and most importantly... from what I can remember, IRL the signs say Antwerpen.

Thinking of Brussels though... although it's a bilingual city, due to the fact that it's overwhelmingly majority French-speaking, I would support changing the name of the city in the game from Brussel to Bruxelles.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

21 Sep 2014 12:33

Superdavecan wrote:Looks great Purno! :D I'm a great fan of the Dutch signage IRL... except for the absence of a "No Left Turn" sign. :lol: I remember a few years ago it created a very confusing situation for me when I saw a one-way street sign pointing to the right, and a van came from the right. It looked like he was going the wrong way down a one-way street, but it turned out that actually the one-way street sign meant that to the left it was one way, but to the right it was two ways. So I wondered, why didn't they just put a no left turn sign there? :P Well, turns out that while most countries have them, the Dutch and German highway codes overlooked them... a bit silly of them ;)
There were "no left turn" signs in the past, but now we only use obligatory direction signs, which show in which directions you are still allowed to turn.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Purno
Donation rank:

21 Sep 2014 13:52

MandelSoft wrote:There were "no left turn" signs in the past, but now we only use obligatory direction signs, which show in which directions you are still allowed to turn.
SCS still used the "no left turn" signs. German versions of it, actually. Fixed a few, but probably still a few more to replace.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information