Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ETS2-User
Developer

16 Nov 2014 18:21

It is, but not now.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

16 Nov 2014 18:59

ZelvaCZ wrote:
pylonzak wrote:The m1 and m18 intersection is pretty screwed up by SCS, I think that needs rebuilding
UK is not going to be rebuilt!
No, this is a fair comment. Most of the intersections in the UK are terrible and need to be re-worked. However, it won't happen anytime soon.

ZelvaCZ

16 Nov 2014 19:03

uk_daf_fan wrote:
ZelvaCZ wrote:
pylonzak wrote:The m1 and m18 intersection is pretty screwed up by SCS, I think that needs rebuilding
UK is not going to be rebuilt!
No, this is a fair comment. Most of the intersections in the UK are terrible and need to be re-worked. However, it won't happen anytime soon.
Yeah, you are right.. I am not in good mood today, sorry for this reaction..

Wadsteckel
Donation rank:

17 Nov 2014 02:25

BebeMischa wrote:Has anyone here ever driven for example the A44 near Kassel in Germany in the real life? You would be surprised, i think, when you come in to that section, where 120 km/h with a better midclass car is allready a life hazard. And even going down about 12%.
That's actually, what i do miss in ETS. All the hills are too flat... And when they are good angle, like on some secondary roads in CS/SK, than they are way too short. I would like to see that more realistic. So that the truck must work hard to get up, and having gloving brakes, when going down... Even with some emergency brake lanes of sand near the bottom of a hill... :-)
Hi all,

I've been away from ETS2 for a while, now, as I'm starting a career (hopefully one that will last until I retire) as a real life truck driver/lorry driver/commercial vehicle operator. A lot of interesting reading in the forum that I've been catching up on. I'm thankful for Mandelsoft and the rest of the ProMods team for their diligent work on keeping their map updated as SCS continues to improve on ETS2.

Reading the entry from BebeMischa above, I have a suggestion for this, which I have tried myself in v1.14 (of course, without the ProMods map). In my training, with today's American trucks, I am being taught to keep the RPMs no higher than 1200. The main reason for this is fuel savings. However, the biggest drawback on this in my mind is hill climbing. I'm seeing this mimicked in the game as I shift at 1200. I think I read that v1.14 has another tweak to the physics in the game, so that may be playing a part as well.

Hopefully, when I get back home on my next break around Christmas, I can get back into playing the game again. As long as it doesn't mess me up for the real thing. :-) Hope everyone enjoys the holidays as they approach in their country as they are celebrated.

Regards,
-Ed S

sven_engelen

17 Nov 2014 09:22

Volleybal4life wrote:
uk_daf_fan wrote:What does this mean? :lol:
Germany is divided into 'Kreis', like Kreis Düsseldorf or Kreis München for instance. Cities and towns in those 'Kreis' get the Kreisname underneath their cityname.
The Kreis is also responsible for the letter on German license plates, 'B' for Berlin.
Like it's across the border from venlo:

Stadt: Capital town
Kreis: City district
Town name: Town name :lol:

Zekester

18 Nov 2014 23:50

Wadsteckel wrote: I have a suggestion for this, which I have tried myself in v1.14 (of course, without the ProMods map). In my training, with today's American trucks, I am being taught to keep the RPMs no higher than 1200. The main reason for this is fuel savings. However, the biggest drawback on this in my mind is hill climbing. I'm seeing this mimicked in the game as I shift at 1200. I think I read that v1.14 has another tweak to the physics in the game, so that may be playing a part as well.
Best of luck with your career! I seriously thought about getting my CDL, but I am getting my aircraft mechanic certification at the moment. As for the hills/RPMs, I agree. I don't think many of the (default) trucks have very good torque curves, which I've seen on hills too. I don't run the SCS trucks much though, I love my new Peterbilt 379 EXHD mod. :D
Zeke - (aka Captain Slow)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

19 Nov 2014 04:06

Zekester wrote:
Wadsteckel wrote: I have a suggestion for this, which I have tried myself in v1.14 (of course, without the ProMods map). In my training, with today's American trucks, I am being taught to keep the RPMs no higher than 1200. The main reason for this is fuel savings. However, the biggest drawback on this in my mind is hill climbing. I'm seeing this mimicked in the game as I shift at 1200. I think I read that v1.14 has another tweak to the physics in the game, so that may be playing a part as well.
Best of luck with your career! I seriously thought about getting my CDL, but I am getting my aircraft mechanic certification at the moment. As for the hills/RPMs, I agree. I don't think many of the (default) trucks have very good torque curves, which I've seen on hills too. I don't run the SCS trucks much though, I love my new Peterbilt 379 EXHD mod. :D
While I have no qualifications in this field, I do observe it and the engineer in me says: "most real life trucks have a usable torque band of about 1000rpm to 1500 rpm". I think sticking to this 1200rpm limit sort of makes sense (one always has to offset immediate fuel consumption with regard to the time required at certain rpm to acchieve a certain goal) in most situations. However, sticking to this rpm limit may see you dropping "off the edge" in more extreme situations, where there simply may be no time to physically make the necessary shifts in time to avoid dropping to a situation where there are simply not enough explosions taking place in the engine to keep going at a reasonable pace.
In terms of fuel economy, my advice is this: save when you can (look for opportunities to coast), but spend when you need to. Don't let false economy guide you into a situation where you lose all momentum and have to spend big to regain your cruising speed. Hope that makes sense. :D
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

BebeMischa
Donation rank:

19 Nov 2014 13:11

Well said, Jan ;-)
Volvo FH16 classic 6x4, RJL Scania T 730 Hp 8x4/4, and more...
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=71603
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bebemischa/
i7 9700k, 32 GB, 2xMSI 1070Ti SLi, m.2 SSD 2 TB, 3x24" 1080p, T500RS wheel + shifter with Eaton Fuller knobs
ETS2, Promods, RusMap, Southern region, Great Steppe, all Jazzycat's
Speak NL, CZ, SK, D, GB

Zekester

20 Nov 2014 02:29

Yes indeed. The rule is good for economy, but it isn't always enough on those hills :D
Zeke - (aka Captain Slow)

kallejre

20 Nov 2014 14:21

I was playing ets2 over a long time on weekend and i noticed neutral gear or similar in controls settings. Can you tell me, when it became available? I thought, that engine brake is only way to save fuel while moving. Neutral gear keeps inertia longer than engine brake.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information