Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
JurianPaulussen
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 22:09

This is a really good map with my compliments to the makers of this who made this ets2 map to a great project!

There is only one thing that I've explored since I play the 1.7 version of ProMods. It's on the highway of the part what SCS made. (Venezia, Klagenfurt and Graz)
When you want to pass the tollgates it's impossible. The tollgate is on the highway from Linz to Graz. I had a job from AMS to GRZ and I want to pass that tollgate, it wasn't possible.

Maybe there is a mod or something to fix this but this is a thing that can be fixed as well. (I don't have contact with SCS, that's why I say it here)

For the second time it's a great map with a lot of new places! Guys go on like this!!

Of in het Nederlands: Jongens, ga zo door!!
Working at Röhlig Aircargo at Amsterdam Airport

Speaking Dutch, Afrikaans, German, English and Spanish

ScuL
Founder

20 Aug 2014 22:26

This problem should be fixed in 1.71
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

mbman212
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2014 17:42

Never occured an non-passable toll gate, strange thing though never driven near Graz. One thing really annoys me and it's that the AI doesn't brake when they want to either exit or enter the double lane roundabouots, every time either truck or car comes right in front of me -> causes an collision, or he/she drives next to me and wants to exit and hits on my trucks or trailers side which gives me damage.

Is it possible to reprogram the AI so they will be driving as normally ppl will drive on roundabouts? Meaning that if they want to enter, they wait for other traffic to go out of the way and if they want to exit, they'll wait that I or other AI driver gets out of the way.

But otherwise ScuL and rest of The Team has done fantastic job, I appreciate and enjoy of it.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

ScuL
Founder

21 Aug 2014 19:02

No we can not change the AI behaviour at all :(
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

adrian007
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2014 07:47

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this so if I'm wrong sorry ;)
I dimly remember asking this question before and don't mean to repeat but would it be possible to put some sort of mention of Arnhem in the map even a vague traffic sign?
The reason I ask is that on Kutcheks map there is mention of St Mere Eglise which is a WW2 event as well albeit American ( 101st Airborne) .
Regards
Adrian 8-)

mbman212
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2014 10:06

ScuL wrote:No we can not change the AI behaviour at all :(
Okay, it's okay, just asked. That's bit annoying but playing few more hrs and I'm getting used to it :D

If that would happen IRL, I'm not so sure I want to think what a mess it'll be, especially in busier roundabouts :mrgreen:

BTW ScuL, how's the Finland project going on? (Yeah that's in wrong topic, don't lose ur nerves from that)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Superdavecan

23 Aug 2014 12:10

Hi everyone! Well, finally after a few months of being busy with other things, I've had some time to play ETS2 again and to look around the new areas in ProMods 1.71. Hopefully this thread is appropriate, since everything I'll mention now exists in ProMods.

First I explored a bit in Finland by doing a job from Turku up to Kuopio. Well done! :) I especially liked the horizontal traffic lights, and also that the signs were more legible, and in many places in Finnish only. Looking forward to the next wave :)

And then I checked out the improvements in Belgium... Antwerp is very well done! The junctions around the ring are very true-to-life. :) And I was also happy to check out the motorway route from Calais. But I spotted an error there... on the French side, the signs for the default country road point to "Dunkirque". It's spelled wrong; the correct spelling in French is Dunkerque.

And although this was more of an SCS addition than a ProMods one, I had a look at Venice, Klagenfurt and Graz. (I confess that I didn't check out Liechtenstein yet though.) Anyway on the Italian side it was great to see that the sign font was changed for the correct one (Transport). I didn't see the special Italian narrow one though... it's called Alfabetto Stretto and it's a bit hard to find, but I managed to find it myself. Maybe it was there though and somehow I just didn't notice it. Anyway the Italian road signs tend to use a mix of Transport and Alfabetto Stretto.

I didn't check out Kutchek's French extensions either, but there will be time for that later... for now though, I spotted a couple of disappointing things on the world map... first, I thought for sure that in Sweden, Kalmar would have had its connection towards Malmö in this version. I was a bit surprised that it's still isolated like that. No worries though, I know it's in the plans to finish that connection. But then in the UK, I saw something really surprising... what happened to the good cloverleaf junction of the M4 and M5? :shock: It's back to the terrible one that SCS originally designed, instead of the good (and real-life) one that you made!

So although the area around Antwerp was great, and so were the Finnish extensions, I was hoping for more fixes. I didn't check out the improvements in Denmark yet, but I was already of the opinion that Denmark had enough cities as it was, and didn't need any more... now Denmark has too many. :P All in all though, pleased to see the new release. Looking forward to the next version though... somehow this just wasn't the great leap forward that 1.52 was when it came out. :| I also understand needing to put something out to be compatible with ETS 1.12 though.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

23 Aug 2014 12:14

wow you are the first one reporting the M4/M5 cloverleaf. I will check it later today. If it's missing than something went wrong I guess and we will add it back again ;)

EDIT: Just checked. Still there: http://prntscr.com/4fm21d

You sure that there is no other mod involved in this?
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Purno
Donation rank:

23 Aug 2014 12:21

A small side-project of mine; The BAB8 at Stuttgart. Eventually the BAB8 will be a candidate for a complete overhaul (ARP), but that should take a while since there's more urgent ARP priorities elsewhere in Germany.

But, I hear a lot of complaints about how boring the German Autobahns are. So I spent an hour or two on placing some signs. It's all temporary since this will eventually be replaced by an ARP, so keep that in mind. I didn't spend a lot of time/effort in this on purpose. This should make the German Autobahn a little less boring.

Superdavecan

23 Aug 2014 12:47

Nico wrote:
wow you are the first one reporting the M4/M5 cloverleaf. I will check it later today. If it's missing than something went wrong I guess and we will add it back again ;)

EDIT: Just checked. Still there: http://prntscr.com/4fm21d

You sure that there is no other mod involved in this?
Quite sure Nico. The only one I use is ProMods... at the moment I don't even have your currency one installed! I did continue with an existing profile though; that could have had something to do with it... maybe if I try it with a new profile it will show up properly.
http://prntscr.com/4fm8jt

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information