Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
mbman212
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2014 10:20

Volleybal4life wrote:
said27081999 wrote:Kan je utrecht net zo mooi maken als antwerpen
Just wait and see......

Why can't you people just wait for an update? When there's something to show to us, they'll show it to us. Otherwise, just wait, wait and see.
What's the point of knowing how Utrecht will look like before you can even drive trough it? I don't see any... Yes showing progress is good, but showing everything is not so good. Just be patient, and be happy :)
The development team has shown much pictures on different threads, and every photo is fantastic. And yes, showing progress is good, but if the development team shows all at once, it's not a surprise anymore.

I have waited next version and Finland's expansion very long time and still I need to wait because it's not ready, and so are the other country expansions as well. For example: what if I can see all pictures of Vaasa before I can even drive through it? That makes no sense, because them I know what the city will look like and it's not fun anymore.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2014 11:38

Jan Verschueren wrote:
uk_daf_fan wrote:English, please!

Dut: engels, gelieve!
Quick Dutch lesson: you can only use "gelieve" as a translation for "please" in the imperative sense; as in "please do not leave your luggage unattended" ("gelieve uw baggage niet onbewaakt achter te laten"). As you're using the word here, it should be translated as "alstublieft". ;)
Thanks ;) Google translate never told me that.

mbman212 wrote:
Volleybal4life wrote: Why can't you people just wait for an update? When there's something to show to us, they'll show it to us. Otherwise, just wait, wait and see.
What's the point of knowing how Utrecht will look like before you can even drive trough it? I don't see any... Yes showing progress is good, but showing everything is not so good. Just be patient, and be happy :)
The development team has shown much pictures on different threads, and every photo is fantastic. And yes, showing progress is good, but if the development team shows all at once, it's not a surprise anymore.
I agree with this, but it's also nice to mark out progress of key features like Kutchek has done on the France thread with the power station, for example.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Oct 2014 11:50

There is one problem that will make Utrecht hard to realise: thight space. This played a bit of a role with Antwerpen, but with Utrecht, this problem is more severe. We still haven't really got a solid plan for Utrecht, so we focus on other projects where we do have a more concrete plan (France, Iceland, the ARP). And those projects are progressing quite well.

So Utrecht is actually planned on a longer term. Don't expect it to be ready soon...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

mbman212
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2014 12:16

MandelSoft wrote:So Utrecht is actually planned on a longer term. Don't expect it to be ready soon...
Take your time developing the map. It's the scale which are causing problems for you.

I also have noticed together with few other users that some people aren't really patient at all, like they're asking when it's ready and released. The only right and possible answer for that is: it's ready when it's ready.

As I said earlier, I have waited a long time for new map to be released, but I must wait, it won't get released in time if I'm always asking the question: When it's ready?, that just makes it slower to be released.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Oct 2014 13:58

"Is it far away?"
"Not that far anymore..."
"Is it far away?"
"Not that far anymore..."
"Is it far away?"
"Yes, very far!"

:lol:
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Purno
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2014 14:19

Keep in mind that we, developers, are looking forward to a release as much as everybody else. All the countless hours of work are only well spent once people are driving on these parts of the map. We will never purposedly delay new content unless we feel it's necessary for whatever reason that may, or may not be in our control.

Additionally, all of us have a real life too. And sometimes, showing updates here on these forums does not have the desired effect ;)

said27081999
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2014 15:37

Sorry that i didnt speak english but what i was trying to say is i hope that utrecht is gonna be beautiful just as antwerpen. I really like the crossings

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2014 16:30

said27081999 wrote:Sorry that i didnt speak english but what i was trying to say is i hope that utrecht is gonna be beautiful just as antwerpen. I really like the crossings
It doesn't matter that you did use the wrong language :)

We all hope that Utrecht will be as beautiful as Antwerp, but as Mandelsoft said:
MandelSoft wrote: There is one problem that will make Utrecht hard to realise: thight space. This played a bit of a role with Antwerpen, but with Utrecht, this problem is more severe.
Intersection (or crossings as you call them) are things that eat space, just look at how big they are in Hamburg, Stockholm, Oslo or Antwerp itself...

So we will see what Promods has got in stock for us when it comes to Utrecht.
But I think that Utrecht is just a side-thing, France, Italy, Scandinavia, Latvia and Iceland are more important then adding Utrecht to the Netherlands :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Superdavecan

29 Oct 2014 20:48

MandelSoft wrote:
There is one problem that will make Utrecht hard to realise: thight space. This played a bit of a role with Antwerpen, but with Utrecht, this problem is more severe. We still haven't really got a solid plan for Utrecht, so we focus on other projects where we do have a more concrete plan (France, Iceland, the ARP). And those projects are progressing quite well.

So Utrecht is actually planned on a longer term. Don't expect it to be ready soon...
Funnily enough, I remember advocating the creating of Utrecht back in the day... and it would be really cool! But if it really is more of a long-term plan and space will be super-tight, I'm wondering if it would make more sense to build Eindhoven instead? It honestly seems to be a more realistic option than Utrecht, with the scale of the game... it's far enough away from all three of Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Antwerp. And the south of the Netherlands is quite poorly represented... that country road is the approximate path of the E34, so maybe if some re-working happened down there, Eindhoven could be made to fit. Utrecht could still be a scenery city... and I would also support the creation of either Arnhem or Nijmegen, which could tie in with a rebuild of the Ruhr area (I presume that's part of the ARP plan). And who knows, maybe Nico's dream of Apeldoorn would work too! I believe there IS enough space... just look at Denmark.
Purno wrote:
Keep in mind that we, developers, are looking forward to a release as much as everybody else. All the countless hours of work are only well spent once people are driving on these parts of the map. We will never purposedly delay new content unless we feel it's necessary for whatever reason that may, or may not be in our control.

Additionally, all of us have a real life too. And sometimes, showing updates here on these forums does not have the desired effect ;)
Agreed, you guys have to take a lot of (mildly offensive word beginning with C, not sure if it's acceptable to use it here) that you don't need or deserve. I try to keep my contributions to the discussion constructive and relevant, and to make suggestions that are realistic. It's not only pointless to keep asking about when it will be released... but it's also a waste of your time to have to reply to silly questions like that. I'm amazed how many people don't understand that :P

I'm in no hurry myself... very soon I will have some real-life commitments of my own that will stop me from playing the game for 2-3 months. So I can wait, and just enjoy the next version if it's out by then ;) Right now I'm hoping for some ARP progress, more French expansion, and most of all some Italian expansion :)

pylonzak
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2014 19:15

Mandelsoft, I have a great idea we should add italian pylons in italy because they are incorrect we also need extending italy like france which is already done,
New places for italy: Venice, Genova, Surento, Caprie, Roma, Scilly, Gallarate
New places for Scotland (uk) : Dundee,
New country: Slovenia
These are my ides by the way so I hope you like them :mrgreen:

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information