Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Superdavecan

09 Nov 2013 22:07

OK that's cool Nico. Good to know that current map improvements are in the works. :) I look forward to reading updates when you have them. I trust you guys :)

DavidJurjev
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2013 22:08

:o
Why can't you tell us a hint? :D

busterbrown

09 Nov 2013 23:27

@ DavidJurjev

Because they will let you know when they want to. End of story kid. Jeesh, give it a rest please. :roll:
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

mindebuc
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 01:54

Hello. Norway, Denmark, Finland, photos from Estonia, France, etc... is very beautiful, BUT Sweden were made really badly. I live in Sweden (2 years now). Almost half of roads which is in map I saw in real life. It looks like, that you wanted to finish Sweden as fast as you can, because you wanted to start Norway. So, Sweden isn't looks good for me. There's many mistakes in Your version of Sweden. Even Stockholm is terrible.
By the way, There's missing two parts in E20. That road is one of the most used roads in whole Scandinavia. Orebro is missing, Nyköping (it has Skavsta airport), Norrköping, Linköping, Vasteras, Uppsala, Kalmar, Karlshamn (It isn't big city, but it's quite important, because there's ferry to Klaipėda).
Most of roads from Sweden don't looks like the RL roads.
What I want to tell you: You should remake whole Sweden, because it's terrible. It really looks worse than Denmark or Norway.
And don't tell me that I'm lying, because this is true. And everyone knows that.

busterbrown

15 Nov 2013 04:47

Out of the mouth of babes. ;)
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Boeing73FLY

15 Nov 2013 05:29

@mindebuc I really hope you understand at one point that everything in the game...SCS-made, ProMods-made, or WHOEVER-made...cannot be recreated to be exactly like real-life. The whole Scandinavian map, I think, is very well-made. Sure it does have its downsides, but it will get better over the months to be at least CLOSER to real life. Remember that not every road and city can be fitted in every country due to scaling.

This is a truly honest reply to your opinion. ;)
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 07:37

*Rant starting*
@mindebuc

Since you know everything so well, why you don't make it? O wait, you don't know how blahblahblah....

Im getting sick of people, like you especially, talking with such attitude.... The roads don't look like RL... Guess what, NONE do in ETS2. Maybe you didn't notice?

And it's still our decision with what cities and roads we add (or you do it ofc).
And Stockholm looks terrible so I think we mastered it pretty well to make it look like the real city (okay that statement gone to far... It's not pretty but I can say the same about any other city in the map... it doesn't look like real!!)

So next time please annoy someone else with your unhelpfull comments because I don't give a shit.
*Rant over*

If anyone feels offended by my words please send me a PM... Im just getting a heartbeat of 200bps and a red head like a tomato reading stuff like that.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

saldas
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 08:47

Nico, Slatkus warned you a wile ago that Lithuanians tend to cry a bit (sorry brothers, but we do). Here is a good example of one. But this one doesn't even cry about Lithuania, this one crying about Sweden.

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 10:37

Just remember Nico that for every mindebuc out there, there are 1000 other people who really do appreciate the work that you and your team do.

ScuL
Founder

15 Nov 2013 11:17

Well I don't tend to take such a post that seriously, in the first place because I just noticed the bump on his introduction thread where he said he's 14.

But I can take an analytical approach and explain you exactly why we did what we did:

The E20 wasn't meant to be completed because there is no purpose to do so in terms of cargo hauls in the map.
It is much more challenging to take the riksvägen towards Borås and Jönköping then travel up north through there.
Had we simply pulled a 2x2 motorway people would have started complaining that "all the roads are boring" (because frankly most roads in Sweden are very straight through miles of forest, and quite boring).
Since Örebro was not going to be included there was also no reason to continue the E20 (as the stretch we included was just there to travel towards Karlstad).

As for the cities:
You're asking for Örebro (1), Nyköping (2), Norrköping (3), Linköping (4), Västerås (5), Uppsala (6), Kalmar (7), Karlshamn (8).
One city takes around 10 days. 8x 10 days = 80 days. = 2 to 3 months of extra work. Had we included these cities the map would not have been released & playable now.
Most of roads from Sweden don't looks like the RL roads.
I have travelled through Sweden intensively from 1989 until current day and I can tell you that I have instructed Nico and matched roads as correctly as they are in real life (and replicable in the ETS2 engine). The one big downfall is the lack of villages & farms with clearances but this is because those models do not exist in ETS2 and they are very time-consuming to create.
And everyone knows that.
Well 15,000 downloads and more than 5,000 Facebook likes say otherwise. The majority of Swedish users of our map are quite satisfied with our attempt to put Sweden in a game. It is never going to be like real-life.

If you drive around Paris or London in the game there are so many things that are wrong. There are buildings missing, the roads are too straight/square, road markers are incorrect, and so forth, to do all these things correctly you could spend an eternity modelling but that doesn't make the game less playable.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information