Development on version 2.x (Trailer and Company Pack)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
RobertKNL
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2015 11:11

Development is going very fast lately, great job! Looks great as well.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

12 Apr 2015 12:49

You guys are flying! Looks terrific!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

mbman212
Donation rank:

14 Apr 2015 12:29

LoaderSaints has made a brilliant job on those RL company skins, I specially like the BOSCH instead of FCP or BCP ;)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

MichaelSchiller

14 Apr 2015 13:30

Don´t worry Guys,

i have Jazzycats Truck and Trailer pack installed, and it will be loaded after ProMods. The Company Names will not be overwritten. It seems, that only Trucks und Trailers are modified by Jazzycat.

In The german section under the subject "3 Wochen mit promods" is a list of my mods i have activated. There are no Problems with the ProMods Map.

Michael

zebenji
Graphics Designer

14 Apr 2015 13:33

Can't wait to get rid of these generic company names... =)

These screenshots are amazing. However I have a small question: will we have some diversity among the companies you want to add? I mean, for now most of the screenshots refer to German and Scandinavian companies. Maybe we can have some alternate companies in the other areas of Europe, like French, British or maybe even Eastern European companies? The solution would be to keep the building, just change the logos. Just an example: Arla might be implemented a lot across Scandinavia, but in other parts of Europe the dominant one is Nestlé, or Danone, etc. Or, another example, an alternative for Bauhaus-like stores would be Leroy Merlin (especially because I was surprised to discover these stores as far as Portugal and Poland). Chemical companies could also be split between Shell, Total, etc.

Of course I understand it would mean a lot of work, and it's probably not possible to create a "duplicate" company. It was just a question I had in mind. :)

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

14 Apr 2015 14:06

MichaelSchiller wrote:i have Jazzycats Truck and Trailer pack installed, and it will be loaded after ProMods. The Company Names will not be overwritten. It seems, that only Trucks und Trailers are modified by Jazzycat.
Yeah, just make sure this mod loads after Jazzycat's mod, and you'll be fine.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

14 Apr 2015 19:42

MichaelSchiller wrote:Don´t worry Guys,

i have Jazzycats Truck and Trailer pack installed, and it will be loaded after ProMods. The Company Names will not be overwritten. It seems, that only Trucks und Trailers are modified by Jazzycat.
But we must make sure we don't overwrite any trailers ;).
zebenji wrote:Can't wait to get rid of these generic company names... =)

These screenshots are amazing. However I have a small question: will we have some diversity among the companies you want to add? I mean, for now most of the screenshots refer to German and Scandinavian companies. Maybe we can have some alternate companies in the other areas of Europe, like French, British or maybe even Eastern European companies?
Thanks for the kind comments and feedback! We have looked into the companies from a Finnish, British and German perspective (all us modders ;) ) and chosen the best ones according to what we've all heard of and is prominent in our region. It's just a shame there are too few companies to be able to cover everything we'd want to. Of course, our decisions are not set in stone yet, however. We will try our best to do what suits the community!

LoaderSaints

14 Apr 2015 20:36

Also I'd like to add that once the DLC Scandinavia arrives more companies will be added as the new companies introduced in the DLC also need to be replaced with real life equivalents.

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

14 Apr 2015 22:46

LoaderSaints wrote:And here is another company, BASF:
Whatcha guys think?
Is the slogan under the name one used by BASF or did someone tried to be funny in stating the obvious?
MichaelSchiller wrote:i have Jazzycats Truck and Trailer pack installed, and it will be loaded after ProMods. The Company Names will not be overwritten. It seems, that only Trucks und Trailers are modified by Jazzycat
If you mean the same mod Company Logos/Names will be changed by the mod...at least the first i do if i use a new version of the mod is to removing every single file of the unneccesary company name changes.....

Flywheel
Donation rank:

14 Apr 2015 22:52

I have been following this thread with great anticipation, from all the information and pictures supplied this pack is certain to be a brilliant addition to ProMods. Thanks to all the team involved, true legends of Modding. Regards Peter

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information